Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fast Patching After Awakening

Comments

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by argirop
    The third in line of the bugfixing patches corrupted several of my gamefiles and the only suggestion i could find on the forums was to reinstall the game. So that was it. No more money  for that joke that some people like to call game. Plus i m only one step beyond from starting legal proceedures and ask for my money back regarding the broken boxed game copy i paid for, not for the 70 Euros ofc cause my expenses will be 10-15 times that amount but just because enough is enough. I m only having second thoughts cause doing something like that will put me in line for several years and by then SV will be ancient history.

Wouldnt work trying to take them in a legal action.   All it would do is set you back some amount of change for a lawyer that would tell you, that you have no legal action you can take as you have waited this long to try and take legal action against them for shoddy work.   There are no internet lemon laws for games.   This is why games like this exist and how they keep coming back up.   They need to force a internet quality control agency, like the US BBB.   

So much crap, so little quality.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Newest patch notes are up:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/awakening-patch-notes-05-09-2012.78430/

Fixed an issue with spamming the murdercount button.
    You now need to the lock picking skill to use lock picks at all.
    Fixed a couple of NPC with gravity issues.
    Tower sentries should now correctly spawn when the offence of a tower is above 0.

Some changes to the sentries have been made: 
    -Sentries will attack any blacklisted player if that player is in range of the sentry.
    -Sentries will attack anyone attacking it's tower unless that player is a member of the same guild.
    -Sentries will attack anyone in their range that is at war with the sentries guild.
    -Sentries no longer "upgrade" instead their Ai-Level will be the same as the towers offence, meaning more offence opens up new attacks for the sentry as well as improve its armor and health.
    -Sentries in keeps are still split into 3 versions. Each version will also upgrade using the keeps offence as it's level.
    -Keeps with old sentries should contact GM's and get them replaced.
    Fixed an issue where pets wouldn't grow due to a miscalculations in how much pet points they would cost when levelling up.
    Fixed a couple of issues with loyalty not correctly depleting when a player had spent to many pet points.
    Fixed skill gain on dual strike.
    Dual strike should now correctly give the right damaged based of you skill.
    Dual strike should now correctly show up in third person too.
    Tripple strike should now correctly calculate its damage and gain xp.
    Lock picking have been moved and now has pilfering as it's parent.
    You can no longer ride horses that are too young.
    Mail should now correctly close when you move away from the mail guy.
    Guildstone UI should now correctly close when you move away from the guildstone.
    Fixed issue where books that were being read still showed up in the inventory.
    Kranesh should now have a Tindremic librarian.
    Fixed a couple of workbenches in Tindrem.
    You can now correctly trade with the assassin.
    Fixed an issue with domination/taming not correctly giving xp.
    Taming/Dominations should now give experience in the zoo skill of the creature.
    Fixed an issue where some loot could drop twice even thou it was set to only drop once.
    Tindremic females now sound like females when they get hit.
    Fixed a broker issue that might end up messing up items if they had a space in their item name.
    Fixed several issues with broker items not showing up, not being bought or not showing the correct info. Old items that had this bug should now show up again.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

i do not care what they keep adding to this game anymore, as long as prediction (and combat) is still broken i'm not playing.

i've waited 2 years for the combat to improve and i'm STILL getting hit from behind by people standing in front of my me seemingly swinging at thin air. and this is not just in big battles but even in 1vs1.

total bs.

the only way to be any good at pvp in this game is knowing how to exploit the prediction system. disgusting. i'm sorry, but i'm not paying a monthly sub for that.

and yes i made a post in the forums, and yes it was deleted. more bs.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

It appears all this feverish pathcing isnt helping, the games still  unplayable.

"My experience
    Logged on to my thief/hybrid, still dead, after logging on and off, waiting 15 minutes at a time and turned blue, still cannot get ressurected. OK! what ev. Log on my tamer exploring tinderem and horse bugs out and runs into water. Cannot dismount or log out. Close client. Off horse and get "stuck" in water. I press space bar and i get stuck doing the jump animation, then slowly sink to the bottum of the textures. Call a gm, wait. Talk to some other players who have been waiting to get "Unstuck for over an hour". It took almost a year to get this expansion and this is it? I read forums every now and again and see some players fighting in dungeons exploring the world, etc. "WHAT GAME ARE THEY PLAYING"? Since awakening I have not had a decent playing experience yet. This so called amazing expansion with new core features, is the biggest bust i have experienced since the release of darkfall. This game is over two years old. Please SELL this game to someone who can try and revive it. IT may even be too late for that, sorry to say. I've gotten friends to trial it and they still make fun of me for suggesting it, and more less still playing it from time to time. The only thing this game has left it the idea from which it was started and in my opinion the only thing that still has any value. MO could have 5 years to create and program and it wouldn't be any where at the rate it is developed. Please end this scam pittrap. Sincerely, unsubbed."

EDIT: This thread was also deleted from MO forums.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

I am still waiting for an update as to what is ACTUALLY fixed (as opposed to "Patch Notes"-) There was an interesting discussion on the Official Forum regarding things being "claimed" to be fixed that actually are just as broken once Patched. One of the devs had an explaination ready (as always, it is explained to us idiots why and how things work-) he said something to the effect that the "Test" server doesnt have all the same 'items' and such as the "Live" server so even though they fix things perfect on the test server, it doesnt always translate to "working as intended" once it goes live.

-DAMN i WISH i COULD FIND THAT POST BECAUSE THERE WAS SO MUCH WRONG WITH THE EXPLAINATION- For one, when I helped Test an Xpac in a different game- The Test server was a 100% exact copy of the live server. When I logged in my Toon had all his gear and equipitment - He had everything in fact (same XP, Pets, completed quests, etc...) from like 24 hours prior. In other words, the "test" server was exactly the same as the "live" server just a day behind.

EDIT: Thread seems to have been deleted... It was a thread entitled "Why even have a Test server?" or something to that effect. And I cannot find it for the life of me.

So, its nice to see Patch notes spammed daily/weekly- But what % of the STATED fixes are actually fixed? Its easy to SAY something is working when there is a ready made excuse as to why you SAID it was working but it ACTUALLY does not work. The last time I looked into this, Patch notes were posted 5 hours prior to anyone even having a chance of getting the Patch, and BOY people were happy. X was fixed- Y was fixed- Z was fixed.... Game would FINALLY be playable. Then the Patch went live and BOOM most was not fixed.

So ROHN, while I appreciate the time you take to show what SV is fixing, could we get an update as to what is ACTUALLY fixed.

I wish I could take credit for a number of things at work by making a checklist of things I have completed ( a huge list BTW) and which actually I have done half assed or not even done. Once the Boss finds out I will pull an SV and give a big explaination as to why things have to be done in such and such manner- Then I will move on to making a new list and forget the shit from the previous day (and hope everyone else forgets too)- See how that works?

Serious question BTW. I have no intention of testing their shit for them and paying a sub for the privlage.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

as of now nothing is really working as intended, there are bugs in everything.

The Gui imo is the only noticable change that is working for the most part. But still has alot of bugs with it.

The game is at least playable now and i havent come across anything thats prevented me from being able to play but im constantly dealing with bugs on a regular basis just to do the very basic of things ingame.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by deathshroud

The Gui imo is the only noticable change that is working for the most part. But still has alot of bugs with it.

The game is at least playable now and i havent come across anything thats prevented me from being able to play but im constantly dealing with bugs on a regular basis just to do the very basic of things ingame.

People who bought the game when it first went on sale and subbed since launch have spent over $450 USD to play a game which is still in the condition you describe...  not going to comment any further than that.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

People who bought the game when it first went on sale and subbed since launch have spent over $450 USD to play a game which is still in the condition you describe...  not going to comment any further than that.

very true, but i recently bought GW2 and resubbed to MO for awakening, whilst im not happy with the state of MO its the GW2 purchase that i regret. 50.00 on a game i hardly want to play and 11.00 on a sub i have been playing even if it has been very frustrating.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

very true, but i recently bought GW2 and resubbed to MO for awakening, whilst im not happy with the state of MO its the GW2 purchase that i regret. 50.00 on a game i hardly want to play and 11.00 on a sub i have been playing even if it has been very frustrating.

GW2 became quite a disapoitment for me. The game is so bloated with feedback, features and gimmicks that I felt overloaded with info. It's the other extreme in contrast to MO's complete lack of them. 

It's a decent themepark experience and has some solid ideas but nothing to hook one. And having same 5 weapon skills is mindnumbing :(

• ShyaticShyatic Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Toferio

GW2 became quite a disapoitment for me. The game is so bloated with feedback, features and gimmicks that I felt overloaded with info. It's the other extreme in contrast to MO's complete lack of them. 

It's a decent themepark experience and has some solid ideas but nothing to hook one. And having same 5 weapon skills is mindnumbing :(

The same 5 weapon skills very greatly if you spec your character differently. I'm having a blast in sPvP there, and it takes quite a bit of skill and positioning to play well. If you aren't good at it, don't blame the game. It's set up for you to do well or not.

Originally posted by Shyatic

The same 5 weapon skills very greatly if you spec your character differently. I'm having a blast in sPvP there, and it takes quite a bit of skill and positioning to play well. If you aren't good at it, don't blame the game. It's set up for you to do well or not.

LOL- A GW2 fan was able to hear a whispered 'complaint' about their game and came charging in here to tell you how you are wrong for not liking the 'precious' =P

I agree with you Deathshroud (for the most part) GW2 is a Themepark and quite 'dumbed down' . However, for the money I spent on GW2 I am quite pleased as its FUN and CASUAL (a nice game to screw around with a few hours a week) and NO SUB. I am enjoying GW2 myself- But I knew what to expect and didnt buy the hype.

MO on the other hand has been a bottomless pit of money sucking with very little progress to show for ALL THAT MONEY. My $55 dollar GW2 purchase gave me a working game with no sub which I can continue to check in a kill a few hours each week for essentially free. MO has taken over $100 from me (Client bought at release and approx 5 months of subs) and all I paid for was a "dream" and "ideals" (which turned out to be hype and lies)-

Every Xpac SV has released they have milked another month or two off of me and produced what? A game which is in Beta State over two years AFTER RELEASE. More lies and more hype. More incompetence. Two things "broken" for every 1 thing "fixed". More promises.

So, GW2 may be shallow (it is IMO) but it WORKS unlike MO. And since this is a forum dedicated to discussion of MO...

I did find it hilarious that a GW2 Fan "popped in here" to tewll you how wrong you are Death =P

• ShyaticShyatic Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

LOL- A GW2 fan was able to hear a whispered 'complaint' about their game and came charging in here to tell you how you are wrong for not liking the 'precious' =P

I agree with you Deathshroud (for the most part) GW2 is a Themepark and quite 'dumbed down' . However, for the money I spent on GW2 I am quite pleased as its FUN and CASUAL (a nice game to screw around with a few hours a week) and NO SUB. I am enjoying GW2 myself- But I knew what to expect and didnt buy the hype.

MO on the other hand has been a bottomless pit of money sucking with very little progress to show for ALL THAT MONEY. My $55 dollar GW2 purchase gave me a working game with no sub which I can continue to check in a kill a few hours each week for essentially free. MO has taken over $100 from me (Client bought at release and approx 5 months of subs) and all I paid for was a "dream" and "ideals" (which turned out to be hype and lies)-

Every Xpac SV has released they have milked another month or two off of me and produced what? A game which is in Beta State over two years AFTER RELEASE. More lies and more hype. More incompetence. Two things "broken" for every 1 thing "fixed". More promises.

So, GW2 may be shallow (it is IMO) but it WORKS unlike MO. And since this is a forum dedicated to discussion of MO...

I did find it hilarious that a GW2 Fan "popped in here" to tewll you how wrong you are Death =P

I've actually been following MO for some time. I had hoped it would turn around in terms of what they promised but from everything I've seen they can't do it, and the game is headed for a shutdown in the future. GW2 is what I bought because it promised PvP and that is something I want to engage in, even if it is "themepark". I have leveled pretty well in solely PvP so I really don't know what the big deal is there.

Originally posted by SaintPhilip

I've actually been following MO for some time. I had hoped it would turn around in terms of what they promised but from everything I've seen they can't do it, and the game is headed for a shutdown in the future. GW2 is what I bought because it promised PvP and that is something I want to engage in, even if it is "themepark". I have leveled pretty well in solely PvP so I really don't know what the big deal is there.

:)

I know that bro- I was just trolling a wee bit at your expense =P

I actually am having a blast with GW2 atm and playing some decent Single Player games on my PS3- I agree with everything you said here as I too have been following MO since the begining and will continue to the end (which I feel willl be sooner rather than later)

I just found it funny that even in the darkest corners of MMORPG.COm (the MO forum lol) a word against GW2 is quickly countered. No offence and I hope you take none.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

I guess you'll be disapointed with GW2 only if you bought the absurd hype and really thought it would change the MMO scene in a fundamental way (as the faithful zealots have been proclaiming for years).

Personally I've never considered it anything else than a super-casual triple-A themepark with all the slightly "new" features of several recent games thrown in together, and a clever "btp" business model tacked on to lure people in. I'll probably try it after all the launch hysteria has died down, but I won't expect anything really new from it.

MO on the other hand could have been an innovative game for real if all the promised stuff had been implemented in a working manner. Too bad they weren't and never will be.

Originally posted by Biskop

I guess you'll be disapointed with GW2 only if you bought the absurd hype and really thought it would change the MMO scene in a fundamental way (as the faithful zealots have been proclaiming for years).

Personally I've never considered it anything else than a super-casual triple-A themepark with all the slightly "new" features of several recent games thrown in together, and a clever "btp" business model tacked on to lure people in. I'll probably try it after all the launch hysteria has died down, but I won't expect anything really new from it.

MO on the other hand could have been an innovative game for real if all the promised stuff had been implemented in a working manner. Too bad they weren't and never will be.

hows vanguard :)

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Biskop

hows vanguard :)

It's ok, nothing more nothing less. A great themepark game at the core but dated combat-wise and without PvP which is a huge downer for me.

And yeah, it's also free now, so I don't feel ripped off because of the numerous bugs and technical issues.

Funny how this thread has derailed btw :D

Patch notes for the next patch have been posted, some good things in there:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/tba-version-sept-14-patch-notes.78755/

• Sentries are now blue flagged.
    • Optimized skill updates to UI transfer.
    • Optimized item updates to UI transfer.
    • Fixed gazzel idle animations not looping correctly
    • Removed the funny NomNomNom response from your pet when you give it good food.
    • You now get a error message when you try to transfer a house to someone who allready has a house.
    • You now get a error message when you try to transfer a house but you don't seem to have one to transfer.
    • You now correctly gain experience in Bribe.
    • You now correctly gain experience in Threathen.
    • You now correctly gain experience in Persuade.
    • Tindrem is now the default starting location in character creation.
    • Tindrem now has a tutorial section for new players.
    • Pets leveling has been fixed!
    • You should now correctly see the max amount of taxes you can pay in the house ui.
    • House UI has been cleaned up, you can now see how many days you have missed paying taxes.
    • You should now be able to build siege weapons again.
    • You can no longer lockpick when dead.
    • Fixed a minor issue where the house sign wouldn't show the correct cost per day
    • Fixed an issue that made it so that the AI didin't release their follow-pos, making it so that ai would be to much inside players when fighting.
    • Ai should now be at a slightly larger distance away from their target if that target is a client, this to avoid them moving inside the player too much.
    • Resynced springbok animations with attack.
    • Made it slightly easier to pefect block ai.
    • Perfect blocked ai will now correctly trigger the perfectblock message and a counter chance.
    • Purify now correctly works again.
    • Mindblast now correctly works again.
    • Fulminaton should now work correctly.
    • Corrupt should now work correctly.
    • The crafting tutor now gives you one more skill to get your weapon crafting career started.
    • One handed shaft handles now use the correct skill when crafted.
    • Player loot decay increased from 900 to 1800. Note that the decay will speed up a lot if there is nothing in the loot.
    • You are now allowed to safely loot the contents of your dead pet without turning grey.
    • Using a single lockpick will now correctly destroy it if broken.
    • Horse armor should correctly work again.
    • Trade broker listing should now work correctly.
    • Increased the update rate of house taxes.
    • Pages on the broker should now work.
    • Fixed issues with old pet recipts not correctly getting removed.
    • You should now be able to craft handle only weapons too.
    • Lynx should now correctly spawn
    • Fixed a crash caused by the broker interface.
    • Fixed a crash where clients would go down if they requested more info on a bag.
    • Update char-creation tips for cities
    • Fixed several portables that have the correct skills connected to them.
    • When extracting with a skinning knife the window now says "Skinning"
    • Fixed an issue where portables wouldn't be correctly picked up by the code and couldn't be correctly used.
    • Fixed an issue where new skills wouldn't always correctly get added to the skill book due to skill update overload.
    • World chests now correctly lock again after being picked or opened.
    • World chests closing while you are looting should now correctly close the looting window.
    • Looting world chests should now work a lot better.
    • You should now be able to add more items as catalysts for the extractor.
    • Fixed issue where calx powder couldn't correctly be used.
    • Fixed issue with glassblowing not giving the correct item.
    • Dyeing skill should now correctly work and level up.
    • Mobs with ai-attacks that should drop loot will now do that.
    • Guild invite popup now UI converted.
    • Fixed a couple of bad guild messages.
    • House stables should now correctly spawn a stable keeper.
    • Fixed an issue where you could stable a infinite amount of pets in a single stable. It's now correctly limited to 5.
    • Fixed issues with old pet-receipts not correctly moving to the stables. (This would have to be done by a GM before)
    • Stables will now change you response depending on if you have pets to stable/unstable.
    • Stables can now create a receipt for any pet you have stabled there:
    • A receipt will be named after the type of pet and its level.
    • It costs you 50 silver to create a receipt.
    • After a pet is made into a receipt it will no longer count towards your stable limit.
    • If you have receipts that can be used at the stable you are talking to, you will get a "Use a receipt" option. Once you choose to use a receipt the pet in the receipt will be stabled at that stable.
    • Pets stabled using receipts will have a fairly low loyalty when brought back out so make sure you have food ready!
    • The receipt description will give you more info about the pet (works on broker too!)
    • Pets with dynamic stats (mounts) will show their stats on the desc of the icon, even in the broker.
    • Fixed a couple of custom-weapons not being connected to the correct skills, making them worse then they should be.
    • Severly optimized chat to avoid freezes when too much chat has been saved.

big patch but now im getting this error message...

unknown file version, your installation is corrupted, please reinstall the client.

sigh....

edit- its patching now but they should consider changing that error message, i mean if i didnt need to reinstall then they shouldnt tell me that i  do.

New patch notes for today - they've been tightening up the game pretty nicely:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/awakening-patch-notes-18-09-2012.78896/

Added tab to target to the tutorial help.
    Fixed issues with NPCs that wasn't correctly holding their weapon when doing idle animations.
    Fixed defaults in the chat window.
    Aggro drop on AI has been slightly decreased.
    Vendors can now override the default buy rules.
    The Herald in Tindrem should now be able to do this and should therefore buy the Megnaton weapons.
    Broker window should now correctly close when you move away.
    Fixed issue where axes made using the 2h short handle would count as poleaxe.[Yay]
    Fixed a bad message when trying to open a loot that was too far away.
    The 25s axe that the utility vendor sells should now correctly work.
    Fixed it so that the tower UI can no longer send glitched values. 
    You can no longer have several splits open in the UI.
    Fixed a couple of issues with the dynamic coloring of icons.
    Found a bug that could cause all kinds of strange UI-saving behaviour.

• CroniteLoreCroniteLore Member Posts: 99

More patch notes for today

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/awakening-patch-notes-20-09-2012-tba.78978/#post-1367494

(beat you to it Rohn haha)image

Fixed issues with some icons showing color when they shouldn’t.
    Strength Requirements should now correctly show on ranged and melee weapons icons.
    Fixed a couple of unique armors not correctly working.
    Mount damage is now correctly saved when you dismount.
    Fixed issue with mount health not being accurate when you dismount.
    Third-person unarmed frontal block t-pose fixed.
    Fixed the odd coloring on the armors.
    Added support for material blood on several creatures.
    Pre-made weapons (loot-weapons) tooltip will now correctly work.
    Fixed a couple of animation issues with fist-weapons.
    Dismounting players who get hit by an arrow on their mount will now correctly be handled as a mount strike.
    Triple strike should now correctly work with dual fist weapons and single fist weapons.
    Moving a stack onto something it can stack with but can't add the entire stack will now add as much as it can instead of swapping.
    Fixed several issues with items going invisible after being moved to bags.
    Fixed issues with items being moved to pet back and going invis.
    Splitting stacks and moving it straight to pets should now work as intended.
    Splitting stacks and moving it straight to bags should now work as intended.[Let us know if you see any issues here please!]
    Fixed an issue where un-equipping armor from a mount didn't correctly move the item to the inventory.
    Fixed an issue where un-equipping armor directly to a bank didn’t correctly move the item to the inventory.
    Fixed issue with swapping mount equipment from a mount to a bag not working correctly.
    Fixed a couple of problems with pet armor not correctly being re-calculated.
    Fixed tool tips and some other issues with equipped items.
    Fixed the default icons in the broker and some other places too.
    Level locks on pet should now correctly be saved when stabled etc.
    Made it easier to set what type of food each creature eats.
    Pigs should now like any type of food.
    Campadons should now correctly like non-meat food.
    House stables should now correctly spawn.
    Client only doors now correctly block.
    Increased axe-heads combat trace.

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

New patch notes for a patch that will hopefully go live tomorrow:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/awakening-patch-notes-27-09-2012-tba.79263/

Sound

• Added a ton of new tracks to the music list in the game.
    Crafting
    • Fixed issues that made it so that you couldn't create exceptional vials.
    • Butcher tables in houses should now correctly work.
    • Lore skills should now gain more correctly.
    TC and Taxation 
    • You can now buy a tax manager from the overseer.
    • Added a tax-system for player houses. The rules are as follows:If a house is within the range of a tower that is connected to the keep it's considered part of the guild's land.
    • The guild have the ability through the tax manager, to change the taxes they want from their population.Taxes range from 0 - 200%, the amount each house have to pay is related to their upkeep.
    • If you have a upkeep of 50c and the guild requests 100% tax you must pay 100c per hour rather than just the upkeep.
    • Taxes paid by houses will be instantly moved to the keeps tax manager.
    • You can make withdraws from the task manager if you are high enough rank.
    • It takes some time after changing the taxes before it changes on all of the houses in your territory.
    • The taxes and the territory it's connected to is shown on the house sign.Tower sentries should no longer give MC.
    • Fixed a couple of issues with keeps and territory control, mainly that the CP cost for staff wasn't correctly used.
    Pets / AI
    • Pets on follow can now override their set move speed a bit when following you.
    • Pets on follow will now follow you slightly closer.
    • Fixed up a couple of items that was not correctly working as good food for pets that don’t eat meat.
    • Fixed an issue where pets wouldn't correctly "like" the correct food.
    • Fixed an issue with the "too much weight" message you get when adding too much to your pet.
    • Increased the amount of xp you get for taming larger creatures.
    • NitreQueen drop now have a real mesh.
    • Fixed annoying "you dont have a taming skill" when dominating.
    • You can no longer transfer dominated creatures.
    • Fixed an issue where swapping things from pet-bags with inventory could cause a item to go invis.
    GUI
    • Icons for unique armors should now correctly work in the inventory.
    • Right click to loot will now correctly work again.
    • Right click to loot will now try to auto-stack what you loot with other things in your inventory.
    • Items affected by this will be moved to the first slot of your inventory when you first login your char.
    • Fixed a bunch of issues with the looting UI.
    NPC’s / Newbie 
    • Fixed a couple of librarians selling the wrong books.
    • Changed tutorial disabled text to hints disabled to avoid confusion.
    • Changed a couple of minor errors in the newbie tutorial.
    • Cleared up some extraction messages and made them more newbie friendly.
    • Some items in the broker will now show a better item name to make it easier to find what you want without having to go through everything.
    • Boulders have been moved to the keep engineer.
    • Boulders now cost 5 pp to buy.
    • Keeps now correctly have a much higher upkeep.
    • Made some changes to the durability calculations of handles.
    • Re-balanced a couple of handles.
    • Fixed a crash in the overseer.
    • Made some changes to spoongewood.
    Loot ‘n weapons
    • Megnaton items that all use to look like swords now have a real mesh.
    • Added a couple of new blades.
    • Added a new crushing head.
    • Added a couple of new handles.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    I find it funny when a lot of you refer to shit that was working and became broken as these awesome patches.

New patch notes announced:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/awakening-patch-notes-05-10-2012.79469/

Version 17.00.25

Items and Loot 

• Improved item updates. This should solve node-crossing, gathering and all other freezes related to items.
    Skills
    • Fixed some rounding errors in the petpoint zoology calculations..
    • Added "hidden skills" these skills will NOT show up in the skill tree until learned.
    • Added missing skill books. And some skill books on libraries.
    GUI / Noobs 
    • Added more information to the "modifications bar" in the bottom-right corner.
    • Modification bar buttons now animate when added to get attention.
    • Default names of crafted items are now more specific.
    • Fixed some text in the noob-tutorial.
    • added new command /endtutorial this will instantly finish the Tindrem tutorial.
    • Made the tutorial arrow more noob friendly.
    • Fixed book icon not correctly updating at login to account for offline reading.
    • Fixed some typos.
    AI 
    • Fixed issues with special-idle node NPCs running their idle animations when not appropriate.
    • Creature control and advanced creature control will now gain experience every time a pet levels up. (amount gained depends on the animal)
    • Sebastian the meek is back!
    Territory
    • Setting the targets on TC towers should now correctly show.
    • Finishing walls should now work again.
    • Sliders on towers are now limited by their tier.
    Weapons / Movement
    • Fixed an issue where durability loss when a weapon hit a armor didn't correctly round.
    • Movement calculations now uses a curve rather then being linear. In short, the speed gained from going from 10-20 dex is a lot more then from 100-110.
    Inventory / bags
    • Fixed issue where you could have 1 more item in banks/inventory then the cap intended.
    • Fixed an issue where bagged items would take up a slot when items where spawned to characters.
    • Fixed a couple of issues with bags and items moving from and to banks.
    Housing / Keeps
    • HP for house info should now correctly show.
    • The overseer can now correctly moves and dismiss NPCs.
    Sound
    • The sound volumes now correctly work

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Rohn

• Movement calculations now uses a curve rather then being linear. In short, the speed gained from going from 10-20 dex is a lot more then from 100-110.

This is hilarious.  I told them to do this in beta... could have saved years of bitching about veelas.

This curve could end up gimping many vet builds.

Damn...The Patch notes are growing to the size of War and peace and YET the game is still completley riddled with bugs upon bugs upon bugs.

-Seriously you (SV) should be ashamed. I am ashamed for you.