It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Ok, so this isn't a review, an objective first impressions or anything remotely thorough. It's just my personal 5 reasons why Gulid Wars 2 looks by far more promising than anything else the last years.
5. Performance - Hell yea Anet! That's how its done. My rig (PheX6, 6850HD) went down crying on rifts zergs, it threw up and fainted on SWTORs ilum. Guild Wars 2 WvW, 50 players on screen, 20+ effects, still >20 fps. Never invent a new engine if your old one works. Way to go. They even recycled the animations from 2004, and they still rock compared to the crap other devs have churned out.
4. Public quests - Warhammers quests were environment related but almost never soloable. Rifts events are pure chaos, often repetetive and generic with usually no link to the area you're in. They just "happen". Guild Wars 2 just nailed it. You go somewhere, something environment-related is going on and its scaling in difficulty. Finally you feel like you're actually defending the keep.
3. Crafting - God, finally someone gave crafting bags and crafting chests and crammed inventoriy the axe. Ingredients are there when you need them and gone when you're off fighting stuff, they're sorted, they're always accessible without running. I remember running my heels off in Vanguard for crafting the simplest stuff. I always liked exploring and gathering, not friggin logistics. Thanks Anet.
2. Exploration and down-leveling - And no. I DO know that this game is not free roam columbus style like Dark and Light or Star Wars Galaxies. It even has zoning. But it REWARDs people for exploring, not with crap, but with actual progression related stuff. And downleveling guarantees that no matter how epic you think you are, a level 5 drake CAN kill you. Love it.
1. PvP/WvW. It's the best part of Warhammer reanimated. It's - for me - even DaoC again. Finally, after the idiocy of SWTOR, Warhammers late RR80 trains, after crashing sieges in AoC and ridiculous gear-one-shot battles in Aion. A game that captures the spirit of RvR again. With an uncompromising "No bullshit"-attitude, no heal-wars, no CC fest and a lot of utility for every class. Dodge, run, hide, cast while running. Perfect 10. I think I'll stay, just because "hop in and beat people up"-RvR is finally back and breathing. For me, after 10 years since DaoC.
Kudos A-Net. I haven't enjoyed myself as much since well before 2005.
P.S: Oh yea, and I do aknowledge the bumps. Like 2 hour WvW queues on prime, or broken auction house, or inability to play with friends when in overflow... That's all really bad and stuff, but not even close to the rolleyes I've been through on other releases the last years.