Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So it has started with im bored, i cant log in due to bla bla bla

TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

GW2 is not rush to level cap if you did that good for you I guess, dunno why but you had your reasons for it but don't come here to whine you missed about half the game.

Yes I've heard the old story I tried this I tried that stil kuddos for rushing I guess.

Sure some people don't really like the game and thats all ok due to well not everyone likes the same thing.

But I find it somewhat wierd that those players who whine and/or maketopics about the subject kinda miss the point with the game, sure you can rush all you want, for what end? be on the vip 80s club?

Yes this is a rant and yes I'm getting old but still I get stunned why some gamers just rush a MMO and then go on mmorpg boards to say hey this game sucks or it dont have endgame,

Why dont you try the old MMOs out there, they have plenty of challenge, steep levling curve...ahh I forget the game has to be top noth graphics.

Atleast you bought It and had fun with it, no?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Comments

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by Torgrim

GW2 is not rush to level cap if you did that good for you I guess, dunno why but you had your reasons for it but don't come here to whine you missed about half the game.

Yes I've heard the old story I tried this I tried that stil kuddos for rushing I guess.

Sure some people don't really like the game and thats all ok due to well not everyone likes the same thing.

But I find it somewhat wierd that those players who whine and/or maketopics about the subject kinda miss the point with the game, sure you can rush all you want, for what end? be on the vip 80s club?

Yes this is a rant and yes I'm getting old but still I get stunned why some gamers just rush a MMO and then go on mmorpg boards to say hey this game sucks or it dont have endgame,

Why dont you try the old MMOs out there, they have plenty of challenge, steep levling curve...ahh I forget the game has to be top noth graphics.

rushing in MMOs has been done since MMOs existed. The ones who have depth are still fun after rushing (WoW, DAoC etc) and the ones that don't get boring as soon as you hit max level (GW2, SWTOR etc). Maybe you are new to the genre?

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by krakra70

rushing in MMOs has been done since MMOs existed. The ones who have depth are still fun after rushing (WoW, DAoC etc) and the ones that don't get boring as soon as you hit max level (GW2, SWTOR etc). Maybe you are new to the genre?

I'm 80 and the game just started for me. Swtor has a much more similar endgame to wow than gw2 so not sure how you're putting them in different brackets.

• MrRealityMrReality Member Posts: 43
    Most people rush, it is in their mmo blood to consume large amunts of content within 1 week and be bored. Though ask yourself, if it only takes a week for most to get to the top you wonder how much of the content is really that interesting ? Just a thought...
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Seems like you are new to the genre, you cant rush to "max" level in UO in the same level, you cant "rush" to max level in EQ, and how in hell are you suppose to rush to max level in in EVE.

SO are you new to the genre or did you started your mmo gaming career with WoW?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

This happens with ever game, what it boils down to; some people read  quests, some people don't.

• KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831

The difference here is WoW is and was designed from the ground to be a facerollingly easy level-up experience followed by an endless endgame of gear grind.  That's a fundamentally different approach compared  to a game like EvE or GW2. 

Maybe you didn't realize that not every MMO is an EverQuest/WoW clone.

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122

Seems like you are new to the genre, you cant rush to "max" level in UO in the same level, you cant "rush" to max level in EQ, and how in hell are you suppose to rush to max level in in EVE.

daoc came out in 2001. So im playing MMOs for 11 years now (and rushing to max level in every one of them). In gw2 i actually got bored even before 80(around level 70) which hasn't happened to me before. I blame the lack of proper PvP endgame to keep me motivated.

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

I think they should pass a law against rushing in an MMO.

It drives our insurance rates up, you know.

SZ

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Getting really tired of this. Most of the "I'm bored" topics aren't even from people that hit 80. Which isn't hard to do if you focus on one toon, played many an mmo, and since there isn't a leveling curve. You guys need to give the slamming 80s past time a rest.

The game simply isn't for them or they bought into the haphazard philosophy some were throwing around this is a revolutionary mmo. Big surprise...it isn't. For most others that didn't go into the game with that frame of mind they're having a blast. For those that did? To some it is their utopia. For others it fails or they turn on it as they always do after the new car smell wears off.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MrRealityMrReality Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Getting really tired of this. Most of the "I'm bored" topics aren't even from people that hit 80. Which isn't hard to do if you focus on one toon, played many an mmo, and since there isn't a leveling curve. You guys need to give the slamming 80s past time a rest.

The game simply isn't for them or they bought into the haphazard philosophy some were throwing around this is a revolutionary mmo. Big surprise...it isn't. For most others that didn't go into the game with that frame of mind they're having a blast. For those that did? To some it is their utopia. For others it fails or they turn on it as they always do after the new car smell wears off.

Well if someone is bored why would anyone reach level 80 ? Makes no sense.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by MrReality

Kind of my point in a way. Like I said the majority posting they're bored aren't at level 80.

There are some just as there are others at 80 or close to it really enjoying the game. It isn't about how quickly a person levels in this game for most far as whether they like the game or not.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by MrReality
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

I don't think you comprehended what he said.

But yes, if you are bored, stop playing.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

Probably. He also started his mmorpg.com career with 5 negative posts about GW2. Don't feed him or he'll come for more image

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• NikecowNikecow Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Originally posted by Korusus

The difference here is WoW is and was designed from the ground to be a facerollingly easy level-up experience followed by an endless endgame of gear grind.  That's a fundamentally different approach compared  to a game like EvE or GW2. 

This is absolutely not true. I dont know how you got this information but it's clear that you must have started wow somewhere this year (edit: that is only if you played it at all).

They see me lurkin' they hatin...

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by airwolf1
    Originally posted by Korusus

This is absolutely not true. I dont know how you got this information but it's clear that you must have started wow somewhere this year (edit: that is only if you played it at all).

I agree, it took me six months to hit level cap in vanilla WoW the first time I played. I think GW2 players were posting about level cap after a few days.

It is just the trend for MMO's: I don't like it, the fast leveling in games today, I think the leveling process is the best part of an MMO. (But that is just my playstyle)

This discussion has been closed.