Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I cant bring myself to log in

GeschaeferGeschaefer Member Posts: 117

Its too easy.

Theres absolutely zero reason to group up until u hit lvl 30. Then by the time u get 30 and head to AC,, no one knows how to play their characters in a group environment; and your left with one big clusterfudge of a grouping experience.

Characters are too balanced. - Yes - I said too balanced.

A mesmer can stand and take a melee beating just as long as a Warrior or guardian.. (somethings wrong here)

Vice versa a warrior can melee hit for the same damage that a caster can drop a nuke... (somethings wrong)

Why cant a tank be that and only that,, just a tank,, and why cant a caster be taught a painfull leson when he gets too close to melee range.

It feels like soccer moms created this game.. this game where everyone wins; despite no scorekeeping and you all go home with gold metals and a false sense that somehow youve earned it.

G.E.Schaefer
Played: EQ1. EQ2. FFXI. SWG. Aion. WAR. LOTRO. TabulaRasa. Hellgate London. Diablo 1. Diablo II. Diablo 3. STO. WOW. Vanguard. Guild Wars. Rift. Terra. The Secret World. EVE. Guild Wars 2. Firefall. Neverwinter.

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Geschaefer

Its too easy.

Theres absolutely zero reason to group up until u hit lvl 30. Then by the time u get 30 and head to AC,, no one knows how to play their characters in a group environment; and your left with one big clusterfudge of a grouping experience.

A mesmer can stand and take a melee beating just as long as a Warrior or guardian.. (somethings wrong here)

Vice versa a warrior can melee hit for the same damage that a caster can drop a nuke... (somethings wrong)

Why cant a tank be that and only that,, just a tank,, and why cant a caster be taught a painfull leson when he gets too close to melee range.

It feels like soccer moms created this game.. this game where everyone wins; despite no scorekeeping and you all go home with gold metals and a false sense that somehow youve earned it.

Guess I'm lucky with [pugs because I haven't had any issue with dungeon runs.

As for the game being too easy? How is that exactly if apparently you're having issues in dungeons? Of course world PvE is going to be easier. What game in recent mmo history is remotely difficult outside dungeons?

Game seems no harder or easier than many an mmo to come down the pipeline.

Is it unique really? No

Is it too easy? No...not unless you're comparing it to a game like EQ or UO.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• kulhatkulhat Member Posts: 36

I can't bring myself to log out :)

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Ya... It was much more fun having a tank round up the mobs while someone spams heals and everyone else nukes the mobs to death.
    /sarcasm

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Ya... It was much more fun having a tank round up the mobs while someone spams heals and everyone else nukes the mobs to death.
    /sarcasm

Yes it was. Or are you seriously shitting on the way MMO's have played for almost everyone all these years?

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

only problem i have come across is arriving at a location has an event ended(not on purpose i may add) and find i,m given a gold rating for completing the event which to me does'nt seem right..being rewarded for doin nothing..not sure if its supposed to be like that has i know very little  about the way this game works atm.

i would really like to  see changes in that department mainly cos i feel has if i have cheated the game.dont know if its happened to anyone else.but this happened to me twice yesterday.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Originally posted by Psychow
    /sarcasm

Yes it was. Or are you seriously shitting on the way MMO's have played for almost everyone all these years?

Yes. Not all MMO's played this way and yes it's old and overdone. 

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

Its too easy.

Sounds like it's not your kind of game.  there are others.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    /sarcasm

I don't get this thinking either. I like this game for the most part but I also enjoyed games that focused on the trinity. Only time it irritated me really in those games is when you were jonsing for a class to take on group oriented material.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    /sarcasm

Just because it has always been done one way, does not mean that one way is the better or more fun way. People have limited abilities for change. Some embrace change and some hate it.

I have played MMOs a long time and I dont recall the trinity system being more fun. It was simply more organized and easier for people to learn a clearly defined role. If anything I would say the trinity allowed people to play mindlessly because your role was defined when you created your character and all your skills were generally geared toward your obvious role.

Are you playing GW2? Do you hate the way it plays?

• GeschaeferGeschaefer Member Posts: 117
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Its too easy.

GW2 isn't a traditional MMO and it's been known for a long time it wasn't going to utilize the Trinity system for combat. You don't have to have Tanks, DPS and Healers to have an MMO. You're used to that system so GW2 being different is going to make you hate it. It's quite human to hate something you don't understand. However, GW2 is proving you don't need that system in order to have a fun and engaging game.

I guess you can either get used to the new system or go back to a traditional MMO. Unless ArcheAge comes out any time soon, GW2 is the only game I'm going to be playing.

Dude. its not that I dont understand the "mechanics" of the game..

Its simple.. someone wearing cloth,, can witstand direct toe to toe melee as someone wearing metal.. (this isnt a great groundbreaking enhancement on GW2's part... its retarded)

Theres braking the traditional rules (which im OK with,, then theres being just plain silly,, like a warrior doing the same damage with 1 swipe of his sword, as a caster can nuke,, Its silly,

So your contending that this is a fantasy MMO; where 1) you can go from lvl 1 to 80 and completely disregurd the "MM" part and 2) a caster can be a tank, DPS and healer? - this is one awesome break from tradition we have here!

G.E.Schaefer
    Played: EQ1. EQ2. FFXI. SWG. Aion. WAR. LOTRO. TabulaRasa. Hellgate London. Diablo 1. Diablo II. Diablo 3. STO. WOW. Vanguard. Guild Wars. Rift. Terra. The Secret World. EVE. Guild Wars 2. Firefall. Neverwinter.

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by kevjards

only problem i have come across is arriving at a location has an event ended(not on purpose i may add) and find i,m given a gold rating for completing the event which to me does'nt seem right..being rewarded for doin nothing..not sure if its supposed to be like that has i know very little  about the way this game works atm.

i would really like to  see changes in that department mainly cos i feel has if i have cheated the game.dont know if its happened to anyone else.but this happened to me twice yesterday.

Since the event is open zoned you may have been contributing before you even showed up, without even knowing it.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by Geschaefer Its too easy. Theres absolutely zero reason to group up until u hit lvl 30. Then by the time u get 30 and head to AC,, no one knows how to play their characters in a group environment; and your left with one big clusterfudge of a grouping experience. Characters are too balanced. - Yes - I said too balanced. A mesmer can stand and take a melee beating just as long as a Warrior or guardian.. (somethings wrong here) Vice versa a warrior can melee hit for the same damage that a caster can drop a nuke... (somethings wrong) Why cant a tank be that and only that,, just a tank,, and why cant a caster be taught a painfull leson when he gets too close to melee range. It feels like soccer moms created this game.. this game where everyone wins; despite no scorekeeping and you all go home with gold metals and a false sense that somehow youve earned it.

So don't log in. Why should it bother you? Unlike the MMO's you are comparing it to, you aren't paying a dime if you want to take a break. So why the bitching?

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Its too easy.

GW2 isn't a traditional MMO and it's been known for a long time it wasn't going to utilize the Trinity system for combat. You don't have to have Tanks, DPS and Healers to have an MMO. You're used to that system so GW2 being different is going to make you hate it. It's quite human to hate something you don't understand. However, GW2 is proving you don't need that system in order to have a fun and engaging game.

I guess you can either get used to the new system or go back to a traditional MMO. Unless ArcheAge comes out any time soon, GW2 is the only game I'm going to be playing.

Its simple.. someone wearing cloth,, can witstand direct toe to toe melee as someone wearing metal.. (this isnt a great groundbreaking enhancement on GW2's part... its retarded)

Theres braking the traditional rules (which im OK with,, then theres being just plain silly,, like a warrior doing the same damage with 1 swipe of his sword, as a caster can nuke,, Its silly,

So your contending that this is a fantasy MMO; where 1) you can go from lvl 1 to 80 and completely disregurd the "MM" part and 2) a caster can be a tank, DPS and healer? - this is one awesome break from tradition we have here!

So you reached level 80 and did no events with other people?

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Maybe we should list for you all the games that have never used the trinity. There are a lot out there. 
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Its too easy.

Things get a lot more challenging the deeper into the game you get. I'm a little confused, though, that on one hand your complaint is that it's too easy and on the other hand that dungeons are too hard. You seem to want more forced grouping, but then you seem to not want to go the extra step of finding a good guild and putting together non-PUGs for dungeon play.

It sounds like Dungeons are the content you are looking for, you just need to find the right people to group with.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

That's not how it is though. Guardians have insane mitagation capabilities compared to Mesmers.

Originally posted by Velocinox
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta
    /sarcasm

Just because it has always been done one way, does not mean that one way is the better or more fun way. People have limited abilities for change. Some embrace change and some hate it.

I have played MMOs a long time and I dont recall the trinity system being more fun. It was simply more organized and easier for people to learn a clearly defined role. If anything I would say the trinity allowed people to play mindlessly because your role was defined when you created your character and all your skills were generally geared toward your obvious role.

So don't log in. Why should it bother you? Unlike the MMO's you are comparing it to, you aren't paying a dime if you want to take a break. So why the bitching?

Huh? I am saying the GW2 system is BETTER than the way most MMos have done it in the past.

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122

Its too easy.

You mean there is no reason to group until 80, not 30. (aside from dungeons)

It's the after-WoW age of MMOs, better get used to it. GW2 wanted to be a WoW-killer and ended up being a WoW-clone.

• unkillable9unkillable9 Member Posts: 29

i havent responded to a single GW2 thread since early start. but i cant help but agree here.

it seems as though the game just runs you through the motions of an MMO experience, using a false sense of grouping and community, propped up on stick like an MMO scarecrow.

the only real fun ive had is being on a multi user skype call doing 5v5 tourneys with all guildmates. and even then the experience seemed a bit unreal when my "Shout specced" warrior didnt even take any dmg/ easily survived, surrounded by 3 enemies on cap point.

admittedly i havent played the game as much as some of you, but to us guys that bought the game preorder and have dabbled a bit since beta weekends but never fully committed... it seems like everytime i play im putting my toes in the water wondering "is this gonna be fun to jump all the way into?"

the bottom line is this "its a new MMO that many people like, and many people dislike. its not the first or last time this varience in opinion will grace the MMO world" with that said ive tried every new title and beta from Planetside 2 beta to Forge Alpha, and theres still something missing for me in all those places, im yet to find an MMO as of late that can peak and hold my interest/ demand dedication.

maybe some of you guys are in the same boat? if so let me know.

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

you may be taking advantage and exploiting a situation that the Devs did not intend.

now you better hide and watch out because word is that they are looking to ban cheaters like you.

they explained it as: 'if you know you are getting something for free from GW2 that you knew you shouldn't be getting for free, we are going to ban your cheating butt!'

i pray for you,

SZ

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta
    /sarcasm

Yes I am playing GW2. Yeah, it's been ok. I'm not going to say it's the best MMO ever tho.

The Trinity was fun to many people. And not everyone was good at evey role. You'd never want me to be your healer unless you had a death wish...heh. But if you needed a Tank or DPS I'd be ready to roll.

My comment was he basically belittled the trinity based upon...what...11 days of GW2 game play?

I will tell you I kind of whish I had a dedicated tank or healer roaming around during some Group DEs. There was a reason for the trinity and, to me, it made the encounters more interesting because everyone had a role to fill instead of the DPS zerg I am seeing now.

Originally posted by fiontar

Its too easy.

Things get a lot more challenging the deeper into the game you get. I'm a little confused, though, that on one hand your complaint is that it's too easy and on the other hand that dungeons are too hard. You seem to want more forced grouping, but then you seem to not want to go the extra step of finding a good guild and putting together non-PUGs for dungeon play.

It sounds like Dungeons are the content you are looking for, you just need to find the right people to group with.

Sorry, its not that dungeons are too hard, its that no one knows group mechanics,, because..

1) Classes are too balanced anyway.. so theres no dire need for a puller, a tank, a dps and a healer,, (theyr all one and the same)

2) The game has soo easy up until that point that you havent even considered forming a group.

Whats even the point of grouping when your enginner is a tank, a Dps and a healer.. oh and by that way,, so is the mesmer.. and the warrior,, and the guardian..

G.E.Schaefer

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by SaunZ

you may be taking advantage and exploiting a situation that the Devs did not intend.

now you better hide and watch out because word is that they are looking to ban cheaters like you.

they explained it as: 'if you know you are getting something for free from GW2 that you knew you shouldn't be getting for free, we are going to ban your cheating butt!'

i pray for you,

SZ

They won't ban you for this. It happens to me as well though. They seem to err on the side of giving rewards instead of erring on the side of restricting rewards for participating in events. So every now and then, you get credit for an event that you barely did anything for.

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by kulhat

I can't bring myself to log out :)

This.

Also i guess i got past halfway to the field medic achievement cause it's too easy and no one dies... Ever. Right?

Edit: or whatever the rez achievement is called!

Originally posted by unkillable9

i havent responded to a single GW2 thread since early start. but i cant help but agree here.

it seems as though the game just runs you through the motions of an MMO experience, using a false sense of grouping and community, propped up on stick like an MMO scarecrow.

the only real fun ive had is being on a multi user skype call doing 5v5 tourneys with all guildmates. and even then the experience seemed a bit unreal when my "Shout specced" warrior didnt even take any dmg/ easily survived, surrounded by 3 enemies on cap point.

admittedly i havent played the game as much as some of you, but to us guys that bought the game preorder and have dabbled a bit since beta weekends but never fully committed... it seems like everytime i play im putting my toes in the water wondering "is this gonna be fun to jump all the way into?"

the bottom line is this "its a new MMO that many people like, and many people dislike. its not the first or last time this varience in opinion will grace the MMO world" with that said ive tried every new title and beta from Planetside 2 beta to Forge Alpha, and theres still something missing for me in all those places, im yet to find an MMO as of late that can peak and hold my interest/ demand dedication.

maybe some of you guys are in the same boat? if so let me know.

Ye, I gues thats why im so upset.. I play every new title hoping it will be the one. and it never is.

I feel like I have MMO A.D.D

G.E.Schaefer