Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Anybody else getting bored?

Comments

• IntrospectreIntrospectre Port Charlotte, FLPosts: 40Member
    Originally posted by AI724

Here's an advice.

1. Work five days a week 9-5 (full time job) - Normal

2. Go out and meet people often - Normal

3. Hang out with friends (non-gaming event) - Normal

4. Meet a girl and go out on dates (on regular basis) - Normal

5. Eat home cook food (non junk or microwave food) - Normal

6. Exercise and play sports every day - Normal

7. Play video games (on spare time 1 hr a day max or 2 hrs max on your weekends) - Normal

If you do this.. .I guarentee that you won't be so bored so quickly playing any video games :-)

Nobody had to try to make arguments like that for how to enjoy WoW and other games, because there was content in other games both for casual players AND for hardcore players. You're trying to say that everyone getting bored should completely change their lifestyle and make it so they can only play an hour or so a day, and then they'd enjoy the game more? So GW2 is for casual gamers only then?

Sounds like pretty lame excuse-making for the fact that there's no end-game. If you divide your time amongst a bunch of different things of course its going to take you longer to do anything, that is in no way shape or form is a valid argument for the quality of this game itself. There has to be things to do because even the casual non-gamers are going to hit 80 eventually and face the same problem.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob lexington, KYPosts: 871Member

Personally the more I'm delving into the game the more I'm liking it, which I didn't think was possible.

I've really done very little since this game come out other than work, eat, play guild wars 2.   It's pretty ridiculous.  =P

• Chilli2kChilli2k New York, NYPosts: 14Member

I'd get bored of screwing Scarlett Johansson if that's all I did solidly for a week stopping only to eat, defecate and occasionally sleep.

• thunderCthunderC miami flPosts: 470Member Uncommon
    I know this game is winner ( For me at least) because usually week 2 is when most sub par MMO's start to pose the question "Ugh why am i still playing this " . Granted I am only lvl 30 but I find myself still having the same enthusiasm to play tonight as i did 2 weeks ago. Really having a fun time paying this game, Have not had this much fun proably since Vanilla WOW. A-Net really made a fanastic game IMO.
  • FionFion Montour Falls, NYPosts: 2,351Member

Anyone else getting bored?

No, but then again I force myself not to play 12 hours each day. I get a few hours in mid-afternoon when I have some free time and thats it outside of weekends. So I'm still having a blast on all my characters, highest being an Elementalist lvl 23.

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Stanksville, OHPosts: 269Member Common
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Isnt there supposed to be a giant dragon made out of smaller dragons or somethin?

That's unpossible!!

• DistopiaDistopia Baltimore, MDPosts: 16,905Member Uncommon
    I love these replies.. "Stop playing so much, that'll make it fun!!" I didn't get bored of Skyrim in a week and I played the crap out of it for several months. I didn't get bored of SWG after playing for a year straight regularly. You don't get bored after a week of solid play in a game that grabs you fully. The problem is quite simple, the OP ran out of things to do that interest him, which says absolutely nothing about GW2.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

• D3lit3D3lit3 MoscowPosts: 95Member

Wait, you're telling me a themepark MMO with fast leveling is getting boring already a week into release? 

Impossibru! 

Don't say I didn't tell you so. Once again I am glad that I did not spend my coin on games that my savvy intuition can see through. I usually spot intelligence and potential in such games as SWG and DFO, and indeed these games grow to be epic and never boring...alas, they are usually destroyed by the playerbase or developers in some way or another.

Even the simpletons & kiddies can enjoy a sandbox nowadays. My theory is that technology is making each generation more aware until we reach a global quantum consiousness like 5000 years from now. This is our time to wake up. NO MORE WOW CLONES. NO MORE GUILD WARS. May The Repopulation save us all. 

• Originally posted by Distopia
    I love these replies.. "Stop playing so much, that'll make it fun!!" I didn't get bored of Skyrim in a week and I played the crap out of it for several months. I didn't get bored of SWG after playing for a year straight regularly. You don't get bored after a week of solid play in a game that grabs you fully. The problem is quite simple, the OP ran out of things to do that interest him, which says absolutely nothing about GW2.

Sorry I get sick of everything after a while.  I can't eat 10 pancakes with syrup and butter even though they taste good.  

If you think people don't regularly burn themselve out with obessessive play in MMORPGs then you have been living in a hole.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 NonePosts: 719Member

My main is L44 now and I'm not bored at all. I did mostly PvE so far and usually I get bored with PvE very, very quicky but in GW2 it's fun probably because it's not completely predictable like in other MMOs. One wrong step may easily cost you 50% HP and that's while fighting trash mobs.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• NaralNaral Solway, MNPosts: 751Member Common
    Originally posted by oubers

ooh man i am so excited right now that many of you are already leaving, plz do get it of your chest that the game bores you to hell now that you rushed it to 80.......i specially would like to thank all you rushers for testing this game out and finding the bugs b4 i got to the bugged content.....but now that you guys have reached 80 and MOST bugs are out, i am thankfull that you guys are leaving (read: not logging in) and making room on the servers so the REAL (moehahaha) gamers can start playing the game the way it was originaly designed to be played.

So thanks guys for testing it and see you on the next hypetrain :)

If you read a lot of the bored posts, you will see many, most even, have not made anywhere close to level 80. 

I like the game a lot, but my highest is 20. I play in small doses and am massively busy IRL.

I love this game, but I see a lot of warning signs that point to the fact that this game will be a let down for those who staked being able to play it steadily for years to come. It seems it is turning out to be more typical of recent MMORPG fare than many thought it would be.

But then with no sub fee, who cares? I will play until I don't have fun with it, whenever that might be, then move on and maybe come back another day. 

• Originally posted by D3lit3

Wait, you're telling me a themepark MMO with fast leveling is getting boring already a week into release? 

Impossibru! 

Don't say I didn't tell you so. Once again I am glad that I did not spend my coin on games that my savvy intuition can see through. I usually spot intelligence and potential in such games as SWG and DFO, and indeed these games grow to be epic and never boring...alas, they are usually destroyed by the playerbase or developers in some way or another.

Even the simpletons & kiddies can enjoy a sandbox nowadays. My theory is that technology is making each generation more aware until we reach a global quantum consiousness like 5000 years from now. This is our time to wake up. NO MORE WOW CLONES. NO MORE GUILD WARS. May The Repopulation save us all. 

Quantum consciousness?  You keep using this word "quantum" I don't think it means what you think it means.

• Originally posted by Naral
    Originally posted by oubers

ooh man i am so excited right now that many of you are already leaving, plz do get it of your chest that the game bores you to hell now that you rushed it to 80.......i specially would like to thank all you rushers for testing this game out and finding the bugs b4 i got to the bugged content.....but now that you guys have reached 80 and MOST bugs are out, i am thankfull that you guys are leaving (read: not logging in) and making room on the servers so the REAL (moehahaha) gamers can start playing the game the way it was originaly designed to be played.

So thanks guys for testing it and see you on the next hypetrain :)

If you read a lot of the bored posts, you will see many, most even, have not made anywhere close to level 80. 

I like the game a lot, but my highest is 20. I play in small doses and am massively busy IRL.

I love this game, but I see a lot of warning signs that point to the fact that this game will be a let down for those who staked being able to play it steadily for years to come. It seems it is turning out to be more typical of recent MMORPG fare than many thought it would be.

But then with no sub fee, who cares? I will play until I don't have fun with it, whenever that might be, then move on and maybe come back another day. 

It is funny to see people say the game has no use for groups.

They clearly haven't tried getting to Orr much less actually playing on Orr.  I laugh and laugh at them.

• Felheart5Felheart5 OsloPosts: 35Member

Maybe not bored as such, but GW2 has failed to inspire me to play it. Got to 27, the account got hacked last friday and I have only logged on once since it was restored to see if anything was gone. I don't know, it's certainly a well crafted game, but at the end of the day it just didn't win me over.

So it's back to TSW for me (not that I left), it may not be without flaws either, but it's the better game for me of the two. For now at least. :-)

• alexminoalexmino davenport, IAPosts: 132Member
    Originally posted by Sylvarii
    Originally posted by Raven
    I don't get people saying they shouldn't have rushed to 80 yet on the other thread claim that down leveling makes all of the content challenging surely it doesn't matter if you are level 10 or level 80. Either that or down leveling is uther bollocks.

The rushing to 80 is also b.s. I just hit 80 yesterday completed every single area I was in leveling up DEs etc. Just did the ice dragon yesterday there was already a massive horde of people at 80 too. Didn't rush through anything as I said completed the areas I was in. Didn't buy any crafting mats and just used what I got from the areas to craft at the end of the play session. The game throws xp at you like there is no tomorrow you have to literally make an effort not to level. Because you decided to just stay on the level 1-15 area when it became trivial and didn't move on to get a challenge doesn't mean everyone will.

Exactly,people who claim the rushing to 80 is wrong are using that as an excuse to rebufff the OP because he didn't slate the game so they look for any excuse to discredit him/her.

What will they say about your post or experiance which is very like my own.

As i ssaid before,GW2 is BTP and it's designed for people to leave and return as and when they want,it's a second MMO that you play along side a full scale MMO,at least that's my way of approaching it.

non sub based mmos are very smart in that it keeps it from falling into the trap of sub based mmos where people run out of a content in 2 weeks.

Because theres no investment in coming back, you just click the shortcut.

• D3lit3D3lit3 MoscowPosts: 95Member
    Originally posted by gestalt11
    Originally posted by D3lit3

Impossibru! 

Quantum consciousness?  You keep using this word "quantum" I don't think it means what you think it means.

Really? That's the only contribution you thought you would add to my post? A grammatical correction you pointed out that is actually valid? No offense but you sound like one of those pedantic a-holes. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mind

Otherwise known as quantum entanglement. 

• cronius77cronius77 Fairfax, VAPosts: 1,347Member Uncommon
    anyone who is putting in 50+ hours a week into any game is going to get bored . Also not sure what you expect with an mmorpg as while the combat and systems are not state of the art , they are creative enough to entertain people and there is no lack of world zones for stuff to do. I think we have now went back at least 5 times to kill the shatterer in blazeridge steppes , just because that is one cool looking dragon and we are into our 50s now playing. Im glad I didnt rush to end game like i did in rirft and miss out on half the game with GW2 as ive found so many cool zones to visit , each with their own story and events going on. Also while the World vs World is lacking , its still fun as hell if you run with the right people and destroy zerges that make bad decisions.
  • DistopiaDistopia Baltimore, MDPosts: 16,905Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by gestalt11
    Originally posted by Distopia

Sorry I get sick of everything after a while.  I can't eat 10 pancakes with syrup and butter even though they taste good.  

If you think people don't regularly burn themselve out with obessessive play in MMORPGs then you have been living in a hole.

I've played lots of MMO's and I've known many of those obsessive players, I saw very few of them leave a game in 7 days. Not saying MMO burnout can't happen, but burn-out simply means a person has had their fill, which seeing everything an MMO has that may interest you in a week isn't that normal of a thing. On the other hand putting weeks into hardcore gaming sessions in MMO's is for some people. 7-days for complete MMO burnout in a game that takes a different approach says to me the game isn't for that person.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

• DrachasorDrachasor Columbus, OHPosts: 2,678Member

Eh, I really don't see what about GW2 would make it boring compared to games like WoW or other themeparks.  For me the experience is more varied and interesting since I'm not making a checklist of activities to do with a questing system.  Or rather, if I do make a checklist, pretty soon it is tossed out the window as I come across stuff.

The repetition seem a lot worse in other themeparks.  Especially at max level.

• BrizlynBrizlyn Ladera Ranch, CAPosts: 70Member Uncommon

Been playing every day since head start and I'm level 37 and loving every minute.  Some days I craft, some days I WvW. Some days I do events.  Some days I explore.  Some days I work the personal story.

I have 15% map completion playing 3 hrs or so a day weekdays, and maybe 5 or so on weekend days.

Haven't had this much mmo fun in a long time.  Don't think I'll be bored for a long time.

-briz

• gravesworngravesworn charleston, WVPosts: 324Member
    Between jobs. Relationships ect ect. I dont have a clue where people get the time to play to 80 already. If you have that much time on your hand then I would suspect leaving to 80 and being bored isnt going to be remedied by another game.
  • RCP_utRCP_ut ...Posts: 263Member

Im lvl 80 for a couple days and im not bored..

Right now im missing 2 members for level 60 dungeon. Come come :). Story mode btw

• AdiarisAdiaris RomePosts: 381Member
    Nope. In fact, now that levelling is over I find myself with 100s of different things I want to do!
  • jarosujojarosujo zilinaPosts: 9Member
    LVL 20 and bored already. Not a bad game, it's just same things over and over. WvW was fun at first, but there is no long term goal. 
  • lilHealalilHeala ZwollePosts: 512Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Introspectre

Yes getting bored, because the entire game is spent either spamming the same 2-3 skills solo or mass zzerging and spamming 1-2 aoe skills. Gets old real fast.,

People saying "well you're playing too much then.."... it's 2012, it's a new MMO release, its standard procedure to play the hell out of a game the first month you have it. Getting bored after week 1 means there's a problem with the game, not with me

I've played fulltime (14 hrs per day) since headstart (but with a lot of semi-afk'ness in between) and am still having a blast.

So no for me there's no problem with the game so I guess it must be you after all.

I've got a lvl 42 ele and a 27 engi in that time played btw that's because I don't follow zergs, just explore and also do a lot of things that don't give much exp (spvp, wvw small group objectives). I'm not in a race.