Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[poll] Was it ready?

1235»

Comments

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

Ready enough. Zones have content, game is stable, major systems worked, even the ones that couldn't handle the numbers and had to be taken offline. (I mean the trading post worked, it just failed under the crush.)

I don't think you can point at major aspects of the game that simply weren't there or that you would have been able to know needed work without throwing a lot of people in.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    Yeah it was ready.  The Trading Post being down was a pain but understandable.  Other than a few bugged zones, I had little trouble leveling.
  • EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116

The game was ready but the servers weren't.

I have a friend still unable to log due to authentication server issues.  Three support ticket submissions later, and still no response.  He likes (even loves!) the game, but is getting pretty cheesed off with the situation.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

The game itself was ready enough for MMORPG standards.  Pretty well polished for an opening game, even the later zones.

On the other hand, Arenanet obviously wasn't ready for it to be that popular.  As opposed to a lot of other games lately where they've been ready for it to be more popular (But it wasn't).

On another note, now you've got to buy the game, right Foomerang?  RIGHT?

I've seen your list of games, you've bought lots of games with significantly less gameplay.

Just pretend it's not an MMORPG but a whole brand new genre, and you can enjoy it.

I mean, you enjoy PSO, and as an MMORPG, it's shit. :)

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468
    I love the game, but tbh i expected much better launch, so imo, no it wasnt ready.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Level 80 content should easily answer this question.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

I voted yes.

The problems that came up would not have unless it launched so it's kind of a trick question.  Could they have been better prepared? I would say yes.

• windluvianwindluvian Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I think it was ready, the main issue is that nothing can be 100% ready for commercial release, hell even movies and books when released can sometimes if not most times hav somethings to fix with them.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by Foomerang Anet repeatedly said they would release GW2 "When its ready" What do you think?
    All you established was that there are 50% fanboys and 50% haters.

Did you really think this people would answer honestly and this poll would be accurate?

Nope. I was asking for everyones opinion. Wasnt looking for facts or trying to prove/disprove anything
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Meowhead
    The game itself was ready enough for MMORPG standards.  Pretty well polished for an opening game, even the later zones.On the other hand, Arenanet obviously wasn't ready for it to be that popular.  As opposed to a lot of other games lately where they've been ready for it to be more popular (But it wasn't).On another note, now you've got to buy the game, right Foomerang?  RIGHT?I've seen your list of games, you've bought lots of games with significantly less gameplay.Just pretend it's not an MMORPG but a whole brand new genre, and you can enjoy it.I mean, you enjoy PSO, and as an MMORPG, it's shit. :)

Yeah im gonna buy it. Ive bought every friggin mmo to come out the past two years, why stop now heh

• Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84

Yes, I vote it was ready.

Just because some mouth breathers sitting in their dark basement eating hot pockets and downing one mountain dew after another can't get everything and a bag of chips 100% their way they say the game wasn't done.  Anyone who's been around mmo's long enough understands being ready and being done are two different things. Things are never "done" in mmo's.

A better question to be asked is, was it launched in a state that I can have fun in? The current bugs, AH closure don't make the game un-fun to me therefore I had to vote it was ready!!