Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

/age, % complete,

Comments

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

Lvl 80 - 140h - 63% completion

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

reading through this thread im almost scared of posting this lol

- 26h and 50m /age  (on my main char)

- only 6% map completion (nearly done with my 2nd 100% map)

bloody enjoy this game tho and realising i ONLY did 6% of it is ... AMAZING :o

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Sheez.  Missed the last three data entries.

http://i.imgur.com/4Tkiu.png

One trend I see is that individuals over ~80 to 100 hours played, the amount of map explored is slowed. This might be due to having reached the maximum level (or close to the maximum), thus individuals maybe did not want to explore more once reaching this point?

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by Djildjamesh

reading through this thread im almost scared of posting this lol

- 26h and 50m /age  (on my main char)

- only 6% map completion (nearly done with my 2nd 100% map)

bloody enjoy this game tho and realising i ONLY did 6% of it is ... AMAZING :o

It does get a grind feeling tho. I did all map to 100% while leveling to 80 and i'm like a 52-54% Now I don't know if i'm pissed or amazing that i still have 46% to do haha

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

http://imgur.com/8HFnR

Everyone so far, from those who game me % completed with hours played. 

Edit:  And yes I suck at making graphs, as this was my first time.

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

84h 27m on Main|Level 37|26% Complete

110h 14m Total Time Played

Activities: Exploring, DEs, Map Completion, Limited WvW and sPvP, Gathering, and Crafting (Armorsmith/Weaponsmith both ~115), no Personal Story yet as I'm saving it to play through with a friend together so we can see more options.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Level 54 | 99hours 55mins | 26% map completion.

I've barely even PvP'd. I'm just taking my sweet time with this game.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

79 hours

lvl 56

38% complete

• ManifoldManifold Member UncommonPosts: 29
    80 hours over 8 days, Level 62, 30% Complete.

WildStar is like if Ratchet and Clank had a baby with Beyond Good & Evil and that baby was raised by World of Warcraft and Spore and babysat on the weekends by the aliens from Space Jam. It's an ugly bastard worth a few laughs but not much else.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Edit: Just saw your edit about doing % Complete vs Hours played.

Just want to point out that there is no meaningful data you can take out of that graph. There is no room for discussion without knowing exactly in which context those hours were played, was the person AFK? Was the person crafting? Was he doing the same events over and over? Was he just doing PVP? 

Too much speculation and no clear data at all, the only meaningful correlation is Level versus %Complete at which point you can deduce a lot of things to do with leveling speed, what activites they might have done and if they have seen a lot or not.

Someone that has played 120h and has 10% complete versus someone that played 120h and has 40% complete says absolutely nothing without pure speculation.

Are people really surprised that the graph is trending towards 100% the more hours you play, I could have told you this before without having to waste everyone elses time :P

• DarkmothDarkmoth Member Posts: 174

lvl 22

31 hours played

12% world completion.

Just a thought...crafting and WvW activity is going to make the hours-to-completion ratio very different for everyone. Theoretically you could get to 80 without going to any PvE maps at all.

Originally posted by Raven

Edit: Just saw your edit about doing % Complete vs Hours played.

Just want to point out that there is no meaningful data you can take out of that graph. There is no room for discussion without knowing exactly in which context those hours were played, was the person AFK? Was the person crafting? Was he doing the same events over and over? Was he just doing PVP? 

Too much speculation and no clear data at all, the only meaningful correlation is Level versus %Complete at which point you can deduce a lot of things to do with leveling speed, what activites they might have done and if they have seen a lot or not.

Someone that has played 120h and has 10% complete versus someone that played 120h and has 40% complete says absolutely nothing without pure speculation.

That is true, but I shall leave that up to someone else...already wasted too much time.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

28 Nord Ranger, almost 40 hours played, a whopping 14% map completion :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• pal18pal18 Member UncommonPosts: 45

level 44, 118 hours, 30% complete

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

The heck, guys.

You know what really astounds me? - How can you invest 120 hours of gameplay in 10 days. You know what kind of average you get out of there, right?

It's 12 hours per day!! Even in my glory days in college with practically unlimited time and no responsibilities I hardly ever broke the 8 hour barrier.

Now I work 50 hours a week, so yea. 4% and 9 hours played. 

M

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Level 36, 21%, 97 hours. :)
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Math majors should be rolling over in their grave! Does sPVP add to your/played time? If so your results should be ommited. Did you do /played the instant you hit level 80? Otherwise that 80 could have explored more and probably has played a lot more since hitting cap. In other words this really doesn't give an accurate account of anything...just saying.
    Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L
    Math majors should be rolling over in their grave! Does sPVP add to your/played time? If so your results should be ommited. Did you do /played the instant you hit level 80? Otherwise that 80 could have explored more and probably has played a lot more since hitting cap. In other words this really doesn't give an accurate account of anything...just saying.

Raven has already brought that up, and you are both right.  I nominate you to compile the data ;)

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Meridion

The heck, guys.You know what really astounds me? - How can you invest 120 hours of gameplay in 10 days. You know what kind of average you get out of there, right?It's 12 hours per day!! Even in my glory days in college with practically unlimited time and no responsibilities I hardly ever broke the 8 hour barrier.Now I work 50 hours a week, so yea. 4% and 9 hours played. M

I can't figure it out either. How do you earn a living playing a game 10 hrs a day? I need all of your jobs. I have a stable of lvl 10 - 15 approx 30 hrs played...I think 10% complete.
  • HarttzHarttz Member Posts: 91
    level 33, 36 hours played, 22% map complete. I am aiming to complete the entire map before I do any other game modes so my playstyle isn't typical. 
  • WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by Mardukk

The heck, guys.

You know what really astounds me? - How can you invest 120 hours of gameplay in 10 days. You know what kind of average you get out of there, right?

It's 12 hours per day!! Even in my glory days in college with practically unlimited time and no responsibilities I hardly ever broke the 8 hour barrier.

M

I can't figure it out either. How do you earn a living playing a game 10 hrs a day? I need all of your jobs. I have a stable of lvl 10 - 15 approx 30 hrs played...I think 10% complete.

This is the point i'm trying to make in another thread. It's not that these level 80 players are playing it wrong to get bored, they're playing to much!

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    level 80, 88 hours 54% complete
  • ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

85.5 hours
    46%
    lvl55

Norn Necro Giantess and loving every second. i do not PvP at all - only PvE

Just my 2 cents...

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

The heck, guys.

M

Actually, it's 12 days, so more like 10 hours. Also, weekends help alot.

But yeah, i don't know where people get all this time. I can't play the same game over and over for hours upon hours without getting bored myself. I always be a break for other games o wahtever to clear up abit. Sometime i do more intense sessions of course, but 10 hours every day is too much for me.

And i'm not even old!!

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    lvl 41, 85 hrs over 11 days.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)