Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back to WoW................

Comments

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by quon2k9
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

I followed the game, and it sounded so good. I guess I'm one of the players who always thought I was better than I actually was, but GW2 PVP just isn't for me.

I don't like CoD pvp, I don't like BF3 pvp. The only games I like PVP in is WoW and TF2. Maybe I'm not the gamer I thought I was.  This has been an eye opening experience for me. I want dumbed down, I want simple, I want PVP that I can do when I'm so drunk I stumble to the fridge to eat once I'm done.

I'm starting to think that my competitive PVP is past me, like an old soldier who knows the young guys have passed him. Hopefully there will be another MMO like WoW that allows me to have fun with PVP in the future, if not, make the PVE I enjoy, something GW2 does not do.

That's...interesting. What I don't/didn't like about WoW is just that, how everything is dumbed-down to the LCD. I want my PvP to be challenging, where if I'm tired or not concentrating, I'll get totally & completely rocked/owned. Walking that razor's edge gives me my thrill, not autopilot PvP-Lite.

I need decent PvP in the MMO's that I play, & the harder/more active, the better. I suck at FPS's, & don't have the time nowadays for anything that's gear-based. so this is right up my alley. I didn't play GW1 but was looking for my PvP fix after I left Rift & GW2 is filling it. There need to be more sPvP objectives, more maps & a few broken abilities need to be looked at, but the rest of the PvP is quite enjoyable.

Yeah, the GW2 PvE is horrid, blah & meh don't even describe it, especially after coming from TSW, where, IMO, it was the reverse. I was gathering, crafting & doing events to level but I guess I'll just go W-v-W like everyone else since it's apparently ridiculously easy to progress that way. If I overdo it, I can see myself getting burned out like I did in Rift, running BG's 24/7, but I hope they'll add things to make sPvP more interesting before that happens.

What's fun for me isn't fun for you, nothing wrong with that, at least in my opinion. Different strokes for different folks, huh?

Now I have to figure out the new WoW talent trees. It's been a couple of months, and I didn't keep up with any of it because I thought GW2 was going to be my mmo.

• sargey123sargey123 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    For each time I saw "Back to WoW...." from the OP I could be a millionare... I am not sure if it annoys me to see it every time or I just say wow I never saw anything like this before lol.
  • alexminoalexmino Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Tibernicus
    WoW does not offer anything that other MMOs don't do better.

Population, amount of content.

That's all i can think of.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Alright here we go. See the website logo with the title? Look below is a Home tab. Now look to the right Game List. Alright, click it. Those are your options over wow. Sure some won't be as good, but there are plenty of better choices, many of which not purposely sabtaging their own game.

Not saying of course WoW is terrible (am jabbing at it, sorry!) but there are many choices there if you willingly give them a chance.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Regarding other games: Some things are done better, yes.  Sadly these "better things" aren't all consolidated in one game, but rather they are scattered amongst several games which also have their own chunk of poor or terrible features.  If there was some other game that kept everybody happy, we'd ALL be playing it, wouldn't we.

With apologies to Winston Churchill for misusing a famous quote, "WoW is the worst MMO out there... apart from all the others."

• notusernotuser Member Posts: 12

I don't care about massive battles, I want to kill the guy in front of me.

WHY PPL DONT GET IT, I WAS FINE IN 1.5 AION KILLING 1 OR 2 PPLS MAX 4 JUST FOR FUN

DONT FUKING CARE ABOUT RACE OR FACTION ...

devs dont get it

• quon2k9quon2k9 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by quon2k9

I followed the game, and it sounded so good. I guess I'm one of the players who always thought I was better than I actually was, but GW2 PVP just isn't for me.

I don't like CoD pvp, I don't like BF3 pvp. The only games I like PVP in is WoW and TF2. Maybe I'm not the gamer I thought I was.  This has been an eye opening experience for me. I want dumbed down, I want simple, I want PVP that I can do when I'm so drunk I stumble to the fridge to eat once I'm done.

I'm starting to think that my competitive PVP is past me, like an old soldier who knows the young guys have passed him. Hopefully there will be another MMO like WoW that allows me to have fun with PVP in the future, if not, make the PVE I enjoy, something GW2 does not do.

That's...interesting. What I don't/didn't like about WoW is just that, how everything is dumbed-down to the LCD. I want my PvP to be challenging, where if I'm tired or not concentrating, I'll get totally & completely rocked/owned. Walking that razor's edge gives me my thrill, not autopilot PvP-Lite.

I need decent PvP in the MMO's that I play, & the harder/more active, the better. I suck at FPS's, & don't have the time nowadays for anything that's gear-based. so this is right up my alley. I didn't play GW1 but was looking for my PvP fix after I left Rift & GW2 is filling it. There need to be more sPvP objectives, more maps & a few broken abilities need to be looked at, but the rest of the PvP is quite enjoyable.

Yeah, the GW2 PvE is horrid, blah & meh don't even describe it, especially after coming from TSW, where, IMO, it was the reverse. I was gathering, crafting & doing events to level but I guess I'll just go W-v-W like everyone else since it's apparently ridiculously easy to progress that way. If I overdo it, I can see myself getting burned out like I did in Rift, running BG's 24/7, but I hope they'll add things to make sPvP more interesting before that happens.

What's fun for me isn't fun for you, nothing wrong with that, at least in my opinion. Different strokes for different folks, huh?

Now I have to figure out the new WoW talent trees. It's been a couple of months, and I didn't keep up with any of it because I thought GW2 was going to be my mmo.

I don't recall bashing you, just stating our differences. Agreed, to each his own. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Originally posted by tank017
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpXAknykeg

Yes, yes, I'm the loser re-subing WoW. This thread is sort of therapy for me to let my feelings out. I know that there are many who love the changes GW2 brought to the market, and I have no bad feeling towards them.

/crawlsbacktowow

Those folks never liked MMORPG's as they were designed and finally have a title that resembles more of what they wanted, sort of MMORPG light, with all the "pain" removed from them.

They play these games for fun...... go figure.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Familiarity is a funny thing; I think that’s exactly what Bliz counts on, the feeling of attachment to WoW as you have played it for so long.

Nothing wrong with going back to WoW, whatever floats you’re boat but I think one week into GW is a little premature, it will take time to become familiar with a game to the same level as WoW.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

If you have fun fun in wow...well that´s great! go back there...

I just find it amazing that some people just seem to be unable to enjoy any other game 6 years after....

some even try to "wowize" any other game that comes out....

seems like they cannot enjoy anything different....

oh well....

just weird, wow isn´t that good in my opinion after all....

Game & combat is sooooooooo outdated & static...but hey! it´s all about tastes...

• IndolIndol Member Posts: 189

To me it sounds like you weren't ready to give GW2 a fair shake.

I'm sure it took you time and effort to learn how to pvp in WoW, and similarly it takes time and effort to learn another game.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I didn't want to do it, I wanted GW2 to be my last hope...

But, it's not. GW2 has it's place on my hard drive, and it will continue too, but it isn't going to be my mainstay MMO. I really, really wanted it to be, but the PVP is just not what I was looking for. I thought the "balanced" pvp and the lack of gear differences would of been enough, but sadly it isn't. There is nothing in GW2 that is like my rogue in WoW....

Maybe I'm getting to old to PVP, maybe I do need gear to balance it out when I have had too many beers (my favorite time to pvp). But I'm finding myself wanting to go back to the PVP my fingers know.

It's funny that I'm sad that I have to go back to WoW, but it's time for me to realize that nothing out there in the MMO market gives me what WoW gives me. And that is simple, fun, killing of others. I don't care about massive battles, I want to kill the guy in front of me.

I know now not to prepurchase another MMO because I always end up back on my rogue, ganking at will, under stealth. I'm sorry GW2, you will be a great game for many.... just not me image.

If something makes you sad don't do it. Seems a simple concept to me.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

nothing wrong w returning to a mmo you enjoy

at least you are open-minded to try other mmos beyond WOW

next year,

im sure ill return to WOW for a few weeks/months to poke around, but WOW doesnt keep me interested long

but thats *me*

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

I love hearing all these people say they are bored with GW2 already.   I cant wait for the server populations to normalize and WvW queues to lessen. 

WoW is waiting for you all........why wait to go back.

• trenshodtrenshod Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by itgrowls

mediocrity is never better then innovation. Went and played WoW to see what they changed since i played in the beta. Nothing. Sure they finally at long last fixed the issues with my class but not with my profession (hunter.engineer) they didn't do anything else accept dumb down as a fix the talent trees adding talents that really aren't all that great or creative and then they took elements from other titles and put them into their game as if it were their idea (AOE looting anyone?)

since the D3 was released and their devs for D3 said what they did on FB about the main creative mind behind D2, I lost what little respect i had for blizzard. 

Welcome to the wonderful world of video game development. Fresh ideas are hard to come by and anything revolutionary is for the most part none existant. Pretty much anything unique and ground breaking has already been done. Have a new idea which probably isn't new but rather a rehash of something else, throw it in the pot and let the masses have at it.

Sorry but your not stating anything that any true gamer doesn't already know. Lets pick on WoW because its developed by Blizzard and of course they are the evil empire lolz.

Grow up!!

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

So not true... WoW does it better bub... quit kidding yourself.  MoP is better than GW2. Just stating the facts.  See ya on the 25th in game.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Dibdabs

With apologies to Winston Churchill for misusing a famous quote, "WoW is the worst MMO out there... apart from all the others."

I like it, that will be my new sig. Back to WoW.... doesn't have the same ring to it.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Zzad

If you have fun fun in wow...well that´s great! go back there...I just find it amazing that some people just seem to be unable to enjoy any other game 6 years after....some even try to "wowize" any other game that comes out....seems like they cannot enjoy anything different....oh well....just weird, wow isn´t that good in my opinion after all....Game & combat is sooooooooo outdated & static...but hey! it´s all about tastes... 

Lol some people just can't help but be bitter.Don't worry man, he's not making you go with him.
    Originally posted by Indol

To me it sounds like you weren't ready to give GW2 a fair shake.

I'm sure it took you time and effort to learn how to pvp in WoW, and similarly it takes time and effort to learn another game.

And you would probably be right, but my patience with MMOs has been growing thinner and thinner with each launch. I gave SWTOR three months, TSW two weeks, and now GW2 a week and a half. My frustration is not about the money spent, I'll always be able to go back to GW2 and soon SWTOR without spending any money. My frustration is that a game that is 8 years old is still, in my opinion, the best MMO on the market and it only took buying a half dozen games to figure it out.

I'm just starting to realize the grass is greener on my side, I'm not going to be jumping the fence anymore.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Ausare
    Mentioning anything good about wow will only get you attacked here.

True. Ask me if I care... ^^  WoW for all its faults (which are legion) is still a good game up to level cap.  After that, its mainly raids and PvP. Neither of which I'm interested in.  I will most likely be going back for MoP. I'm interested in how the new monk class plays.  It remains to be seen if I'll be running my four 85's (Warrior, Rogue, Death Knight, Hunter)  up to 90. It depends on the new system. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • fixiffixif Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by Krystalmyth

There is nothing in GW2 that is like my rogue in WoW....

No, there is nothing like the ez mode stunlocking class you're used to in GW2. It seems you will have to return to WoW to feel like you're a good player.

No offense, but this was very pathetic, but expected. World of Warcraft was designed to make people feel really good about themselves with a constantly shifting balance cycle that often made its more popular classes quite broken. You're a product of that. Not sure why you expected a game that strives to be balanced to make you feel as strong as you did when you were overpowered.

Please get off your high horse. GW2 in nothing different. It's made for the masses with profit in mind. It is a textbook example of a themepark game. As any other MMO. Stop praising GW2 like it is something different. It isn't. Only different thing is lack of trinity, which is arguably a better thing - lots of mixed feelings about that.

I won't take this to a personal level but you sound awfully like many other exWoW players who just wan't to believe their new MMO will trump WoW, or is better in every way possible. So bitter and angry. What did WoW do to you?

Of course GW2 is perfectly balanced as every single class can do every single thing equally good. Where is the challenge in that? And I am SURE after a few weeks when people figure out best ways to play classes everything, will be exactly like in WoW.

Originally posted by Krystalmyth

There is nothing in GW2 that is like my rogue in WoW....

No, there is nothing like the ez mode stunlocking class you're used to in GW2. It seems you will have to return to WoW to feel like you're a good player.

No offense, but this was very pathetic, but expected. World of Warcraft was designed to make people feel really good about themselves with a constantly shifting balance cycle that often made its more popular classes quite broken. You're a product of that. Not sure why you expected a game that strives to be balanced to make you feel as strong as you did when you were overpowered.

It's pathetic that I like rogue? I guess this type of response is to be expected posting something positive about WoW on these forums.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Your right, if you take ALL the other MMO's and but them together.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

title

. . . needs more dots .  .  .

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Enjoying GW2 and TSW at the moment

I use to really enjoy the journey to cap in WoW when it wasnt so easy, at one time it was a good balance for me. I my last return was with Cata release and I was excited to level a new toon through the revamped zones. After getting to the level and going through the new deadmines. I was completey turned off by how easy it had become. The only time I would even consider returning is if they had a harder server more in line with the difficulty level of vanilla.

Remember the original Scholomance, razorfen downs, Scarlet Monastery, etc. etc.

those were fun times for me

I did the original raids up to Nax but it got too boring having to run them too many times and the time investment being in a so called hard core guild was just too costly. But I always enjoyed the world that WoW offered.

Then after the Lich King was released they just dumbed down the leveling content way too much for my tastes.

RIP

WoW 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee