Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Class balance is broken

spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

They need to work hard on balancing the current pvp in my eyes, 2x thieves can destroy any build in just 2 seconds. Doesnt matter if you have a defensive build or not. They mow down everything. Overall class balance needs probably a lot more fixing aswell. Iam not really motivated to leveling up a toon when I see such things with instant lvl 80 pvp.

Just an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuEoA6FnUIk&feature=player_embedded

Comments

• DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156
    two of any class should be able to beat any 1 of any class, That sounds fairly balanced to me.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Of course it is and it will take a long time before it is close to right. Most games never becomes really balanced but GW1 is one of the best, ANET have a guy whos only job is watching PvP and suggest changes.

It will be right sometimes next year. 

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275
    Why, would you post this. I'm not saying that the game doesn't need some balancing. I'm sure it does. However, the fact that you think the Thief profession is unbalanced because two of them can zerg you down is laughable and makes your entire argument mute. 
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Originally posted by xr00t3dx
    Why, would you post this. I'm not saying that the game doesn't need some balancing. I'm sure it does. However, the fact that you think the Thief profession is unbalanced because two of them can zerg you down is laughable and makes your entire argument mute. 

Why ? Because this is only a part of the class balance issues, but it is one of the more significant ones which even a blind one  recognize. It is not laughable since more and more players are playing this class and this is an overall issue currently.

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

Thieves, more specificly, daggers have a huge burst damage ability.  It should be toned down a tad, because no one should die in 3 seconds with only 2 against 1.  Assuming all equipment is equal.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    So 2 thieves should not be able to take down one person, but let's say 2 eles should? I don't get this thread. If you were trying to make a point, it isn't clear at all.
  • just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by spizz

Why ? Because this is only a part of the class balance issues, but it is one of the more significant ones which even a blind one  recognize. It is not laughable since more and more players are playing this class and this is an overall issue currently.

It's an over all issue that two thieves can take down one of any build of any other class?  Are you actually reading what you type?  I would be complaining if two players COULDN'T take down one......

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Nevulus
    Ao 2 thieves should not be able to take down one person, but let's say 2 eles should? I don't get this thread. If you were trying to make a point, it isn't clear at all.

Yeah, now I start to get confused as well... The balance do needs some fixing, but I cant say I think thieves are especially powerfull.

Then again as thief I am somewhat partial.

The game do need balancing as all MMOs though. I will not point to anything specific however, we all heard about the boy who cried nerf.

Originally posted by just1opinion

It's an over all issue that two thieves can take down one of any build of any other class?  Are you actually reading what you type?  I would be complaining if two players COULDN'T take down one......

Actually I complain that you can down a fully defensive class in 2-3 seconds, yes...even they are two players. So yes I have a different opinion here. It is a problem with gameplay since no other class can do it that fast, you just hop from one player to the next...how is this balanced. This is bullshit.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    Wrong. Class balance is just fine. If you don't know how to deal with heartseeker spam, just ask for help. I've done many hours of tourney play and they did an amazing job. Most balanced mmo to date.
    Originally posted by sonoggi
    Wrong. Class balance is just fine. If you don't know how to deal with heartseeker spam, just ask for help. I've done many hours of tourney play and they did an amazing job. Most balanced mmo to date.

Well for me it offers crappy pvp currently and Iam sure they will change it, because they are aware of it.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Its the best PvP I've ever played. Gw2 will be pretty big in esports
    Originally posted by sonoggi
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Its the best PvP I've ever played. Gw2 will be pretty big in esports

Well Iam sorry that you have a different taste of pvp, but this is alright. Iam playing games  for fun, I do sport outside. But you will see changes in class balance for sure, be prepared.

Heartseeker IS cheesy as hell.  To say otherwise is just not being fair or honest to yourself.  Pretty much all the classes that use dagger is a bit... high in damage, and it could very well be intended this way.  But they truely do need to tone down the burst damage just a tad across the board with the dagger.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Wait you mention class balance... then you mention probably the WEAKEST class in pvp right now? Not to mention you mention 2v1... which is pretty bad. The only thief that really does good damage:

A.) Dual Pistol utilizing Combo field (without it, the damage isn't all that amazing.

B.) Dual Dagger which can do great damage... but its basically a gimped warrior (much less survivability for basically the same damage). Its a blast but good luck trying that in a team fight, your going to get rocked down while the warrior next to you does about the same (even possibly more) while having the ability to take a beating and needing to hide away and be useless for a bit.

I was about to argue that class balance does not exist (and never will with any game, sorry its a fact) but it seems that this is a troll thread that makes a statement and their 'proof' or 'argument' is not only a bad one, but it also discredits itself by basically making it a joke mentioning it being 2v1.

• MacecardMacecard Member UncommonPosts: 142

I think the OP needs to rethink what he is writing or something.

Think about it in terms of us readers OP. If you posted that a same level same geared warrior took down 2 thieves in pvp and was happening a lot (to discount player skill) then wouldnt you be like wtf over powered warrior need nerf?

I understand that your saying that 2 thieves over 1 thief and another class or 2 other class seem to be much stronger and can take someone down damn fast compared, but its not whats coming across in your posts. What id have said:

It seems thieves has burst damage that is so high that if 2 thieves were to drop on you and burst then you'd die pretty much instantly regardles of your class/spec. thief burst damage needs a nerf.

edit - The above is not my opinion but me trying to articulate what the op is trying to say throughout this thread

If you continue to make sweeping statements like you know what everyone everywhere thinks about a certain topic then I am going to shout at you.
    It easy to type 'I think this is the worst game ever'
    Rather than the 'This is the worst game ever'

• vardarvardar Member Posts: 282

Maybe it's your skills that are lacking, cause if you truly knew, and are specc'd right, you can pown thiefs....

I wonder what happens when you get jumped by 2 Elementals?  Think about that...

• NewmoonNewmoon Member UncommonPosts: 126

*is confused* so two of a class that completely specialized in single target damage took you, a single player of any class, out fairly fast?

As an engineer, I'd expect to be taken out that way.  However, if I get a chance to keep distance between me and them, I don't care how many of them there are. I do a hell of a lot of aoe damage from distance. Seems perfectly balanced to me:)  I die when just about any class but mesmer gets close. Distance classes have a realllllllly hard time taking me down. I don't die very much in world v world. I die in microseconds when melee single target fighters get close enough to melee single target me. I'd call this extremely balanced.

Oh yeah, /obnoxious   l2p    /endobnoxious

Originally posted by Newmoon

*is confused* so two of a class that completely specialized in single target damage took you, a single player of any class, out fairly fast?

As an engineer, I'd expect to be taken out that way.  However, if I get a chance to keep distance between me and them, I don't care how many of them there are. I do a hell of a lot of aoe damage from distance. Seems perfectly balanced to me:)  I die when just about any class but mesmer gets close. Distance classes have a realllllllly hard time taking me down. I don't die very much in world v world. I die in microseconds when melee single target fighters get close enough to melee single target me. I'd call this extremely balanced.

Oh yeah, /obnoxious   l2p    /endobnoxious

No need to be rude hoss.   As an engineer you can utilize a LOT of knockback in addition to your mini AoE.  So I don't know why those Thieves are staying close to you in the first place.

And no class ; 2 vs 1 or not, should kill someone within a couple of seconds.  5+ on 1 yeah you are just toast, done.  Bring more people with you next time.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I'm not here to say that one class is better than another. I will say that Anet will be making tons of changes and tweaks as the months roll on. So get used to that idea right now. 
  • dellirious13dellirious13 Member Posts: 205

They need to work hard on balancing the current pvp in my eyes, 2x thieves can destroy any build in just 2 seconds. Doesnt matter if you have a defensive build or not. They mow down everything. Overall class balance needs probably a lot more fixing aswell. Iam not really motivated to leveling up a toon when I see such things with instant lvl 80 pvp.

I own thieves with my support guardian....

EDIT: Im not saying classes are completely balanced, but I am saying that there is not an overpowered build out there that cant be beaten.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by dellirious13

I own thieves with my support guardian....

Sad to say I do as well, Mace and Shield + 2h Hammer has pretty much always resulted in dead thief for me. 

My Warrior does even better with axes. 

My Engineer can struggle at times but it's about 50/50

I suck on my thief, to squishy for my liking. 

So... I don't see what the OP see's. Not sure if it's skill level or what but... 

In any case, 2v1 = dead 1 should be considered working as intended in my eyes lol. 

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Ive held off a thief and a ranger with my guardian. Its difficult, sure. Lots of dodging, yes. But its not impossible. This is where the 'equal' stats/abilities are outshined by better skill and knowledge of how to face a foe. Its not the professions that need balance. Its the players skill.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Greatsword warriors were pretty lulzy in beta...I hear its still the same from my bro's that are playing the game.  Not sure what that means exactly but I hear a knockdown into their channeled ability can do a garunteed upwards of 5k+ damage everytime unless someone comes to your rescue.
  • vardarvardar Member Posts: 282

2 Thieves that are specced for critical and burst damage, especially if both of them land a successful "crit" backstab, will kill you, i applaud the 2 thieves if they pulled that off, that is what you call a successful assassination,  exactly what the class is meant to do, you where at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and paid the price of what is called, teamwork..........