Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG! It's a new EVE news site, and it's good! Brought to you by goons.

UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Seriously though.

Gud news site is gud.  Check it out.

http://themittani.com/

Yes, yes, it's named the Mittani.com.  Everyone who's who knows who Mittani is, naturally, but that doesn't change the FACT that it's the bestest most awesome news site for EVE.

I'm :sadface: that this isn't top news on MMORPG.com.  This is MMORPG at it's finest.

No need to thank me for bringing this to you, your praise is enough.

Enjoy. 

(And click often)

Edit:  Before this responce gets lost in a bunch of nonsense, lies, and unnecessary responces:

Please allow me to clear a couple of things up.

1) We are not a corporation named "goonswarm". Goonswarm Federation is the name of our immediate alliance. Our corporation name is GOONWAFFE. The Mittani dot com was made by members of Goonwaffe, with contributors from all across EVE; that includes contributors of corporations allied AGAINST us.

2) There is absolutely NO reason to assume anyhing about the site. Afterall, we all know what it means to ass/u/me something. The proof that the site strives for unbiased news reporting is exactly a click away.

It's funny that the only people who are claiming it's only for goons, or intended as propaganda, are people who refuse to actually check it out. Oddly enough, even people who don't like us have stated that it's simply the best EVE news site available today, and not because EN24 was a sperg filled cesspool of bad posting, but because it's simply that good.

And it's not JUST an EVE news site, there are articles about other games. Granted the articles on other games are because they are games that it's believed that EVE players would be interested in, such as World of Tanks and Planetside 2, but they are there non-the-least.

Not an EVE player? That's fine. I know lots of people that follow EVE, but don't actually play the game. The Mittani dot com is THE BEST place to follow what is happening in EVE for those people that enjoy following what's going on but not actually playing the game.

It's not really possible to be a "biased" news site when there are contributors from corporations and alliances that do not like us. That's like saying a real world news site is biased towards one polotician when they have extensive coverage by people who support that poloticians apponent. It's a little difficult to maintane a level of bias when you continually provide counter viewpoints.

Lastly, it's NOT JUST a news site for following what is happing in 0.0; even though it is THE BEST NEWS SITE to follow what is happening in the meta game. You'll also find articles and editorials for things that don't have anything to do with 0.0, such as articles on faction warfare, small roam pvp, and even the life of a solo pvper in the EVE universe.

Don't let your own biased form an opinion without actually checking the site out first. Check it out first. Otherwise, yeah, kind of a bitch move to talk crap on the site when you haven't even visited it and checked out some of the many articles published there. Now think about that the next time you decide to generalize all members of the GSF as being shit people, whe you're saying such things about a site you couldn't be bothered to even look at first.

BTW, Goonwaffe, The Goonswarm Federation, and Somethingawful.com have managed to raise nearly 100 THOUSAND dollars for the familly of Sean "Vile Rat" Smith. Think about that the next time you want to generalize the members of those communities as horrible individuals. Horrible individuals do not collectively provide such kindness and generocity.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/18/fundraiser-for-sean-smith_n_1894060.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_details?url=benefitforseansmithsfamily&fundraiser_id=9332

As of this posting there's still 71 days left, and less then $7,000 to reach the goal of 100 thousand.

Not bad for a group of individuals that Rednecksith described as:

" the sort of people who would think shitting in the sink / urinal of a public restroom is funny."

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

The ego...

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Uhwop

Yes, yes, it's named the Mittani.com.  Everyone who's who knows who Mittani is, naturally, but that doesn't change the FACT that it's the bestest most awesome news site for EVE.

The bias is strong with this one...

• sundraziw889sundraziw889 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Nice web design!
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    He named the website after himself?  What a douchenozzle. 
  • QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    He named the website after himself?  What a douchenozzle. 

Douchenozzle.. hahahah.

Oh god that made me laugh.. 

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

No, Mittani didn't name the site after himeself, he actually wanted to call it something bland and generic.  It was decided by others to use Mittani as the name because it's a very well known name both in and out of the EVE playerbase.

Websites require exposure.  Bland, generic named news site is harder to gain awareness then it is to use the name of one of the most notorious characters in the EVE universe.

The Mittanie dot com is striving to be as unbiased as possible.  It may have been created by goons, and is run by goons, but it has many contributing writers from all over EVE; including members of corps and alliances that are at war with the GSF/ CFC.

The site has nothing to do with bolstering someones ego or promoting goons.  The guys who dedictaed many, many months to developign the site did so becasue they wanted to give to the EVE community.  I know that's hard for some people to swallow, goons wanting to do stuff for a game because they actually like the game.  There is a reason goons is listed by CCP as one of the best corps for new players, goons are all about getting more people playing EVE and continuing to play beyond the first month.  

The Mittani dot com is dedicated to being a GOOD news site for EVE.  If you want to know what's going on in null space sov wars, what it's like to solo PvP, faction warfare, various perspectives on different aspects of the game, or just a book review, The Mittani dot com seeks to be the best, most reliable site to visit for all things EVE news.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

http://www.lostineve.net/2012/08/31/lost-in-conversation-episode-13/

PS:  The above link is a podcast interview with Mittani himeslf that was linked on the Mittani dot com.  Lots of information in regard to the news site.

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692
    The url chosen is unfortunate.  I refuse to click on it based soley on that.  Ego aside, I understand that the Goons are a neccesary part of EVE and they are, in point of fact, a NEEDED part of this game.  That said, I still won't click the link.  Ignorance is bliss?
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by kovah

The url chosen is unfortunate.  I refuse to click on it based soley on that.  

Same here.

While I pretty much always prefer content over form, this is too much even for me...

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    You can hate goons and  muttanti  but site is very good. One of best i saw about eve. Ty for that link
  • bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434

No, Mittani didn't name the site after himeself, he actually wanted to call it something bland and generic.  It was decided by others to use Mittani as the name because it's a very well known name both in and out of the EVE playerbase.

Websites require exposure.  Bland, generic named news site is harder to gain awareness then it is to use the name of one of the most notorious characters in the EVE universe.

The Mittanie dot com is striving to be as unbiased as possible.  It may have been created by goons, and is run by goons, but it has many contributing writers from all over EVE; including members of corps and alliances that are at war with the GSF/ CFC.

The site has nothing to do with bolstering someones ego or promoting goons.  The guys who dedictaed many, many months to developign the site did so becasue they wanted to give to the EVE community.  I know that's hard for some people to swallow, goons wanting to do stuff for a game because they actually like the game.  There is a reason goons is listed by CCP as one of the best corps for new players, goons are all about getting more people playing EVE and continuing to play beyond the first month.  

The Mittani dot com is dedicated to being a GOOD news site for EVE.  If you want to know what's going on in null space sov wars, what it's like to solo PvP, faction warfare, various perspectives on different aspects of the game, or just a book review, The Mittani dot com seeks to be the best, most reliable site to visit for all things EVE news.

Ok, ok thats enough! I like eve to much to let you make goon propaganda. Goons are best corp for new player??? Are you sure about that? Maybe best corp to destroy eve online comunity

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275
    This is laughable. Yet, sad at the same time.
  • xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    You can hate goons and  muttanti  but site is very good. One of best i saw about eve. Ty for that link

Perhaps you should leave the house more often. 

• wolffinwolffin Member UncommonPosts: 193
    I could never trust a site run by goons

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by xr00t3dx

Perhaps you should leave the house more often. 

Name one other EVE site that has some type of discussion that doesn't make you lose faith in humanity.

I saw AAA grunts and Black Legion FCs writing battle reports with quotes from both sides on that site.

You can't get any more non-bias then that.

When both sides say 'XYZ happened', I'm pretty sure it happened. 

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• EvgireonEvgireon Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by jpnz
    Name one other EVE site that has some type of discussion that doesn't make you lose faith in humanity.
    kugutsumen.com
  • SerignuadSerignuad Member UncommonPosts: 98

If  it's a website brought to you by the Goons, I expect its an attempt to farm for account names and passwords from non-Goons.

We need to start thinking of MMO's as we do music or literature or the movies. There is not one MMO or one game that will be universally satisfactory to everyone's taste. MMO's don't come in one genre just as books or music doesn't come in one genre. Change and innovation is a good thing in the MMO industry just as it is in literature and music, but every MMO doesn't need to push the envelope or be cutting edge to be "good" or fun. It just needs to be good. The same is true for music. The same is true for books or for movies. Music evolves. MMO's evolve. Storytelling evolves. And in doing so, it doesn't make obsolete or not enjoyable everything that's been done before. 
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Ok, ok thats enough! I like eve to much to let you make goon propaganda. Goons are best corp for new player??? Are you sure about that? Maybe best corp to destroy eve online comunity

They're the best corp for their new players, and they definitely bring a lot of new people into the game with their recruitment drives. Very few corps indeed can boast of giving the support and entertainment for their new recruits that Goons do.  They don't really engage much with non-goon new players, but why should they?

The news site is excellent, leagues above the dross-filled EN24. I'm preparing an article for it myself. People who think they're showing some kind of principled objectivity by refusing to click on it are fools to themselves.

And no it's not a password harvester. No log in required to read a free news site :eyeroll:

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

The Mittanie dot com is striving to be as unbiased as possible.

Then you CERTAINLY chose the wrong name...

As you said yourself, names can be important. This one sends a stong signal: Mittani = Manipulative PR

Sorry, but no matter how many times you say unbiased, the name still says the direct opposite. But at least its honest about its bias...

Originally posted by hfztt

The Mittanie dot com is striving to be as unbiased as possible.

Then you CERTAINLY chose the wrong name...

As you said yourself, names can be important. This one sends a stong signal: Mittani = Manipulative PR

Sorry, but no matter how many times you say unbiased, the name still says the direct opposite. But at least its honest about its bias...

So read the stories fortified with your awareness of possible bias.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

They're the best corp for their new players, and they definitely bring a lot of new people into the game with their recruitment drives. Very few corps indeed can boast of giving the support and entertainment for their new recruits that Goons do.  They don't really engage much with non-goon new players, but why should they?

The news site is excellent, leagues above the dross-filled EN24. I'm preparing an article for it myself. People who think they're showing some kind of principled objectivity by refusing to click on it are fools to themselves.

And no it's not a password harvester. No log in required to read a free news site :eyeroll:

Being a better news site than EN24 is about as difficult as being a better person than Stalin.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by sketocafe

Being a better news site than EN24 is about as difficult as being a better person than Stalin.

Issue is that if you wanted to know what was happening in 0.0 without losing brain cells by reading EN24, there wasn't much else.

Kugu had some but most were really bad posting with lots of propaganda (hi propagandas from PL) from each side.

Themittani.com has NC. and AAA writing their version of the BR on the site with CFC side explaining some of the logics behind why they did XYZ in that BR.

Its actually really cool if you are into the whole 'metagaming' / fleet doctorine.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Apart from anything else, a little thought will make it obvious that TheMittani is much more useful to goons as a credible, reliable news source than it is as a source of one-sided simplistic propoganda.

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    Personally I found the site quite good, some of the articles are rather useful to me. Who cares if it's named after The Mittani?

Where's the any key?

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

The Mittani is leader of a corp composed entirely of the sort of people who would think shitting in the sink / urinal of a public restroom is funny.

No thank you.