Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I tried my best...

12346»

Comments

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by DKLond
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

I have a guild of 60 people who are all having a blast.

The game, like all games, is not for everybody, so be it. Time to move on then, get away from the game, from the forums, and do something else.

All 60 people are having a blast? Not a single one of them is getting bored?

Time to get back to the game then - and get away from the forums :)

Well ... if you believe actually he is guild with 60 people and all having a blast. :-) 

I plan to play it sooner or later (most probable) ... but for now from what I have seen or read I'm not really encouraged.

• xholyaccxholyacc Member Posts: 57
    GW 2 is the only mmorpg that caught my attention. others mmorpg? i always stop half the max level, and btw i really dont like wow and grinding
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by sr7olsniper
    Originally posted by DKLond

I think I'm starting to burn out with the game. I'm 28th level now, and it's just really bland to me. I mean, it has a nice flow in terms of combat and movement - and it looks and sounds pretty good. I like that they're trying to reward exploration and crafting - but nothing seems to really matter in this game. 

After level 30, you pretty much only have traits to look forward to. Gear is boring and doesn't give you that feeling of power progression. 

WvW is removed in an instance and doesn't really mean anything (beyond a few percentages of bonus stuff) - and it resets every 2 weeks. sPvP is ok - but is exactly like all the other modern themeparks - except there's no meaningful reward. 

I find the zones too similar and none of the 6-7 I've seen so far stand out like the beautful zones did in WoW back then. They don't have a strong atmosphere and the music is average with limited variety. 

I don't know... The entire game just seems so mainstream/accessible that there's really no way to excel or stand out. 

Even without a sub fee - I don't see this game lasting very long. 

Oh well....

Said it before and I'll say it again the "gear grind" needs to be in a game for it to have any major retention rate.  If everything you get absolutely cosmetic then your game is now officially a Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat; go check what is the retention rate of 1 of those this year. 

Having better gear possibilities accomplishes 2 things, 1 it easily represents your character progression as you can readily tell that yur character is stronger than before, and 2, it gives the player something to look forward to so they log on more often. 

People moan about the lack of skill in said games because they can't kill people with better gear in pvp. The  matter of fact is, howeve, is that these people are just lazy. In the competitive scene gear doesn't matter because people with the same rating have the same gear, but the difference is that they had to work to get to this level. They had to play the game and in return learned tthis classes inside out. If the whiners had taken the time to progress like everyone else, they would have only fought against people their same gear level and if their money is where their mouth is, they would have eventually gotten to the top. 

Unfroutunately though, these people just can't accept that there are better players out there and in retur just blame it on the gear

I think you're wrong. The gear grind is only a timesink. Skill has nothing to do with it.

Only when you take that away will you have an even playing field, where the better players are simply better, instead of only the people with the most time being on top.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Krytycal
    Sounds like you're burned out on fantasy themeparks, it's okay, same thing happened to me. I've revisited some single player non-fantasy RPGs and I'm having fun again. 

Oh, like SWTOR?

• YaosYaos Member UncommonPosts: 153
    You're angry that the game is not World of Warcraft.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Krytycal
    Sounds like you're burned out on fantasy themeparks, it's okay, same thing happened to me. I've revisited some single player non-fantasy RPGs and I'm having fun again. 

Oh, like SWTOR?

I doubt. SWTOR have a looot of group content. But I love this game for - among miriad of other things - a lot for fact that this group content is NOT forced. You can level and play as you wish, grouped or solo. If you want to progress, only class quests are mondatory. At start I even liked grouped but as altholic and with strange time schedule (even if playing really a lot) I could enjoy SWTOR at any time not only when all OTHER people have time.