Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Anybody else getting bored?

Comments

• LyveanLyvean AthensPosts: 7Member

I am not getting bored, no. I am talking my time exploring and living in this fine world. No need to have the best armor or weapons, no need to run around finishing everything in one go. 

I'm a little worried about some of the features of the game, though, like waypoints for example. I mean, they are great, but I feel they are too many and as soon as players discover them, there will be no one left to travel in the world. 

That's when the world will fell empy and that's when I'll certainly get bored.

• MeowheadMeowhead New Carlisle, INPosts: 3,716Member
    Originally posted by Lyvean

I am not getting bored, no. I am talking my time exploring and living in this fine world. No need to have the best armor or weapons, no need to run around finishing everything in one go. 

I'm a little worried about some of the features of the game, though, like waypoints for example. I mean, they are great, but I feel they are too many and as soon as players discover them, there will be no one left to travel in the world. 

Waypoints get mad expensive, yo.  Who the heck would teleport everywhere, when running places get you crafting materials, DEs, experience and is a lot cheaper?

I hardly teleport at all.  In fact, I was surprised when my friends pointed out that the higher level you get, the more expensive teleporting gets...

... because by level 35, I hadn't teleported enough times to realize that was true. :)

I could probably count the times I've paid to teleport to a place (BESIDES when I just died) on one hand.

Lazy people are lazy (And are missing out)

Like the people who complain about teleporting in Skyrim then teleport all the time.  Sheesh.

In fact, that's my new pet theory for why people have problems hitting max level for a zone while 100%ing it.  They teleport or something.  More running!  If you missed a point of interest, RUN TO IT.  Run!  RUN.  Yay free xp and finding new places and things.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,810Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Zecktorin
    After playing for the week. I have found that everyone hyped it up to be something its not. I don't really feel as if im progressing. especially when a zone down levels me. Not to say ti isn;t a good game. Im just not satisfied with the exp at all. Before someone says I just want instant gratifacation... I'm an eve vet... come at me bros. However the hate for this game is misplaced as well. It does bring some good elements to the table, but it does lack as well in some areas.

What level are you?

If you go to a zone that is some 20 levels lower than you, you'll be pretty much unstoppable by anything but champions/world bosses.

Traits, runes, glyphs, make a big difference.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• seiturseitur ZabrzePosts: 14Member
    Originally posted by Divona

Sound like burn out, and that's perfectly fine. As the dev said, with no subscribtion fee, you're free to go and play other games and come back to Guild Wars 2 when you feel like it.

Yeah either OP burnout or he found out that he don't like game long-term after all, but I do exactly same thing with sub fee or no sub fee.  If I get bored I just stop playing.   Not obsessed because 'omg I payed 13$ but I just played "only" 20 h this month and don't want to play more this month'.

• ResetgunResetgun OuluPosts: 471Member
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw
    I got bored at level 60-65. Another MMO disappointment. What's next?

I believe that next hype train is ArcheAge. Or maybe Blizzard announces their next big thing.

My char is at level 77 now and I am kinda starting to see some burnout effects on me. Like not going to help 3rd time with same DE event  and just running to next target instead of exploring every cave and corner. And generally getting bored to follow designed gameplay path with all those invisible borders and artificial zones.

Generally I am pretty happy with GW2 - it is good themapark MMO. There is lot's of interesting things to do and quest have some fun variety (like cannon shooting range where you try to hit targets far away and quest where you catapult yourself to top of high tower). Armors and clothes are also good looking and this maybe first themepark MMO where I actually like from player crafted armors look. Fighting with warrior is also pretty nice: you can stand still and hit buttons and kill one mob - or you can actually move around, dodge and use different tactics to kill multiple mobs same time. Most importantly - you are not forced to group with anyone, wait that healer or tank  for your group. And there is no kill stealing or ninja looting - players can help each others freely.

However - GW2 is missing social gaming dimension and longevity. I have no reason to make new friends. We can't build city, build and decorate our houses and have nice tea parties where some entertainers are dancing. Also we can't start our own evil country and control lands around us. Crafting seems to also be pretty typical linear path to top without possibliity to further customization and exploration.

I am going to level my char to top level, try to get black dye to see how my armor looks with that, maxout my armor crafting skill, maybe occasionally do some WvWvW combat and maybe even try some EvE-online style market trading. I guess that I am also going to clear out most of world map - or - just create a new character with different profesion (haven't decided yet). I may also buy next thema park oriented expansions (if they are not forcing me to groupping and raiding), but I guess that 1-3 months and I am done current content.

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

• KareliaKarelia HeraklionPosts: 668Member
    Boooooriiiing...
  • RecoreRecore Posts: 5,095Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by alexmino
    ....Hasn't the game only been out for a week?

Exaclty, I dont think I have ever seen a mmo to where people starting saying they are bored and cant login anymore with in the first week of release.

Raptr Gamercard
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by alexmino
    ....Hasn't the game only been out for a week?

Exaclty, I dont think I have ever seen a mmo to where people starting saying they are bored and cant login anymore with in the first week of release.

People were saying that before the game was released... :)

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• NBlitzNBlitz ZwollePosts: 1,904Member
    Originally posted by Resetgun
    I got bored at level 60-65. Another MMO disappointment. What's next?

I believe that next hype train is ArcheAge. Or maybe Blizzard announces their next big thing.

I would love for that to be so but it's South-Korean. The latest Korean MMO attempt on our shores ended with a whoopee cushion sound.

Yes. I strongly believe the next title with cult-like following will be Western.

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by Zecktorin
    After playing for the week. I have found that everyone hyped it up to be something its not. I don't really feel as if im progressing. especially when a zone down levels me. Not to say ti isn;t a good game. Im just not satisfied with the exp at all. Before someone says I just want instant gratifacation... I'm an eve vet... come at me bros. However the hate for this game is misplaced as well. It does bring some good elements to the table, but it does lack as well in some areas.

unlocking skills and traits doesnt feel like progression to you?

when you get downscaled, your gear/skills/traits are still better than what youve been downscaled to

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,587Member Uncommon

I am not bored yet, But I can see where it's going to happen in the near future.

• khameleonkhameleon Miami, FLPosts: 372Member

I've played more DOTA 2 than GW2 since release and by a landslide.

GW2 is not as good as I thought it would be at all. It is a solid game, fun, but I can only play 1-2 hours max a day before I lose the will to play and gain the will to play DOTA or the new counter strike or the other games I had been playing before it and others.

GW2 is not the super innovative, addictive, next-gen MMORPG that was promised. It is good, but people will become bored of it easily and if a new game is out, they will try it and switch as well.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Arrow, ALPosts: 207Member
    Originally posted by Meowhead

Waypoints get mad expensive, yo.  Who the heck would teleport everywhere, when running places get you crafting materials, DEs, experience and is a lot cheaper?

I hardly teleport at all.  In fact, I was surprised when my friends pointed out that the higher level you get, the more expensive teleporting gets...

... because by level 35, I hadn't teleported enough times to realize that was true. :)

I could probably count the times I've paid to teleport to a place (BESIDES when I just died) on one hand.

Like the people who complain about teleporting in Skyrim then teleport all the time.  Sheesh.

In fact, that's my new pet theory for why people have problems hitting max level for a zone while 100%ing it.  They teleport or something.  More running!  If you missed a point of interest, RUN TO IT.  Run!  RUN.  Yay free xp and finding new places and things.

Is it coincidence that all the famous in this forum fanboys are level 20-40 still? This game is made for casuals tbh. The people who get bored are the hardcore players.

• NaeviusNaevius Houston, TXPosts: 334Member Uncommon
    Hardcore players should be in PvP, which never gets boring.
  • DwarfZZZDwarfZZZ MadridPosts: 197Member Uncommon

I try not to play everyday, any game, for that matter, to avoid feeling borred quickly and that "starts to get repetitive" feeling. I'm liking GW2 in fact more than GW1, but it seems to me that there's too much action, too many players blowing things around each other but no time to stop and talk or any thing else. People don't group, you don't have too, you just join an event and that's it... Something is lacking...

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: UYXTV3K3

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,587Member Uncommon

While this may be the reality of the situation, I didsagree that it is bad to teleport. Sure now, you get XP and mats by travelling, but what happens when you no longer need to gather mats or need the XP?

Who wants to run everywhere all the time? We don't have mounts, we don't have Griffin Taxi services and we don't have hearthstones. For now, you have a benefit to not teleporting. Doesn't mean everyone does or that it's good to do. 

Yeah, I noticed yestarday after eunning around Metrica with my friends when I was done and wanted to TP home, it was a silver. I only had about 30S to begin with. And at 2AM. I'm not "Running" home. Its not being "lazy" either.

Is it coincidence that all the famous in this forum fanboys are level 20-40 still? This game is made for casuals tbh. The people who get bored are the hardcore players.

That's because they tried more than one profession. It's why I'm yet to ding 30 on one character. And I'm slow and doing, exploring, sightseeing everything I come across.

I don't believe that. It's completely possible since headstart to this day that if someone devoted all his energy on one character he/she would be anywhere between level 50 and 80.

Taking a fart even yields you EXP in this game. I don't see how levelling COULD be any slower thanks to that...

Originally posted by DwarfZZZ

I try not to play everyday, any game, for that matter, to avoid feeling borred quickly and that "starts to get repetitive" feeling. I'm liking GW2 in fact more than GW1, but it seems to me that there's too much action, too many players blowing things around each other but no time to stop and talk or any thing else. People don't group, you don't have too, you just join an event and that's it... Something is lacking...

Do you generally group with other people in open world?

Now, if you want coordination, have you tried dungeons or organize a WvW or Orr raid?

Nothing prevents you from stopping and talk - you don't need to do all the events.

It is true the world is very populated. In BWE I remember being in kessex hills with a guildie and some random person came along and auto invited and played with us for like 2 hours.

But not having to play with people you don't want, playing your own way is part of GW2 attraction.

Originally posted by NBlitz

That's because they tried more than one profession. It's why I'm yet to ding 30 on one character. And I'm slow and doing, exploring, sightseeing everything I come across.

I don't believe that. It's completely possible since headstart to this day that if someone devoted all his energy on one character he/she would be anywhere between level 50 and 80.

Taking a fart even yields you EXP in this game. I don't see how levelling COULD be any slower thanks to that...

It is because they know what they got into.

There is no rush to get to level 80. There is no point in playing a single main character.

• hikaru77hikaru77 buenos airesPosts: 1,035Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DMKano

Probably just hitting GW2 burnout - but not feeling any aspect of GW2 lately - even WvW is feeling uninspiring to me. I am stting at 75 and no will to even get to 80. Crafting is boring and sort of a deja vu from countless other MMOs I've played. PvE I feel I am just completely fed up with - can't stand to do another DE.

I think I need a break - maybe I'll load up Vanguard - had a max toon there years ago and a mid 30s shammy that was fun.

You are not the only one, i have a warrior 40 and a ranger 30, im just loggin now to play Spvp while i wait in queue for WvWvW, but after 1 hr of queue i just log out. Im in a guild of 500 members also, we went from 300 active players at primetime to less than 140 in a week. GW2 is a good game, but is casual, and it get bored after a while.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Ehrenfeld, PAPosts: 2,977Member
    Originally posted by DMKano

Probably just hitting GW2 burnout - but not feeling any aspect of GW2 lately - even WvW is feeling uninspiring to me. I am stting at 75 and no will to even get to 80. Crafting is boring and sort of a deja vu from countless other MMOs I've played. PvE I feel I am just completely fed up with - can't stand to do another DE.

I think I need a break - maybe I'll load up Vanguard - had a max toon there years ago and a mid 30s shammy that was fun.

I am personally burnout on the 'Themepark' mmo style games we got out there now. There is nothing deep and complexed when it comes to mmorpgs. They all play like single player experience and I can get that type of game on any of my consoles "Dragon Age, Skyrim and Witcher come to my mind".

I am looking for more of the complexed sandbox mmorpg that support a persisent world where it changes differently day by day. The only 3 games I am personally looking at  is 'World of Darkness, The Repopulation and possibly ArcheAge".

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne LondonPosts: 1,420Member

Only children and students on holiday have the time to really enjoy computer games.

I reckon this is due to the difficult economic climate - things seemed different before 2008.

Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by NBlitz

It is because they know what they got into.

There is no rush to get to level 80. There is no point in playing a single main character.

I know plenty of people who are only interested in ONE profession. Why look down upon them when even the systems in place facilitate them (downlevelling, portals) to see almost everything there is if they focus their energies on one character?

Excluding personal story lines, which are totally hit or miss for someone so not everybody feels compelled to check out the different stories.

So focusing on one character one would not be rushing as everything in place zips you past the game. Which is what I meant earlier.

• LorkiiLorkii Vancouver, BCPosts: 88Member
    I honestly can t remember a game I got bored of as fast as GW2. Oh well , will check in one day.
  • aSynchroaSynchro azeaze, AKPosts: 176Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Vesavius

Some people playing in this genre simply are not made for it, they are just here because it's the sparkly new title. At heart, they want a 12 hour single player game that moves them through a set of events and then lets them go to jump on the next bandwagon. Most of these 'I am bored now' posts are coming from low post/ low activity accounts, which says to me a maybe couple of things about them (and maybe their motives). 

This!!!

Of course GW2 may be boring after a while (or you may just not enjoy the gameplay/setting/themepark thingy...), but you can't play it and expect what you have when playing ME3 or CoD.

Did you try to join a guild ? Did you try to talk to people around you, maybe even roleplay with them (it's not gross you know!) ? Or did you even just wondered around to discover what this new world was all about ? 

In fact, what do you expect from a MMORPG ? Think about it for a while, seriously.

If you just want to PvP endlessly in battleground then maybe you should play a FPS instead. If it's only raids and gear grind that drive you, well i've got a surprise for you: you'll *never* find a game that offer this kind of content fast enought for you to consume it. And if you just want to enjoy a nice story in a fantasy setting, then please, go play Skyrim/Watcher2/Zelda/Fable... they are very good games that will offer you just that.

MMORPG are (or should be) first about the world and players interractions.