Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Storm Legion Coming November 13th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Rift team has unleashed a brand new trailer for Storm Legion, the upcoming expansion set to bring 'dimensions' (housing) and cross-faction play to the game along with a massive content expansion. Storm Legion is now confirmed to be coming our way on November 13th!

RIFT: Storm Legion will be unleashed November 13th -- you can pre-order today to lay claim to our first expansion. Overflowing with content, two massive new continents that triple the size of the world await you with 10 new levels, 4 new souls, personalized Dimensions, capes, and more -- Chase the storm at www.StormLegion.com

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I´ll try to find sometime from GW2 but i´ll most probably buy this expansion.

Trion is trully doing a great job with this game. I´m pretty sure the world will become more & more dinamic with time.

I´ll surely enjoy the expansion untill the Raiding part....then i´ll stop again....or not...who knows^^ but i can´t stand traditional raiding anymore...

Kudos to Trion anyway for working so hard & so good on Rift !

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Excited!!
  • tiddytiddy Member Posts: 23

Awesome! Can't wait .

I just checked out the prices for this expansion, on their website and I just can't belive it. Freakin' bargain! It blows my mind how these guys at Trion are breaking the mold for MMO developers on soooo many levels. <3

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    I hear it's going to effectively increase Rift's world size 3 times? That's great work, Trion!
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Awesome trailer, but what is there for new players.. With the level cap raising the entry level will be that much more daunting.. Why does it seem blizz is the only company wiling to curve things for new players so they can catch up to max lv players..
  • WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245
    Instant adventures are being implemented for new players and they have already said there will be some content for low level players.
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Im buying it for sure. Will be there on release or early on.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Not buying it and its not because rift isn't awesome.  I played EQ for 13 years and have played rift since launch.  I no longer play either and its because I refuse to play a game when the population is too low it really sucks because rift is awesome, but with only around 200k active subs the population sucks. 
  • roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

I really like Trion and think Rift is one of the few fantasy mmos worth a sub . But the problem is for me that currently I'm enjoying GW2 too much and I dont have to pay a sub at all for it . I only have x amount of hours a week for gaming so sadly I wont be buying the expansion on release . But I may buy it in the new year sometime when it comes down in price also I may buy a years sub after christmas when they have that good years subscription offer for 60 pounds .

But really everything depends on GW2 longevity .

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I'm a big Trion supporter and RiFT fan but after playing GW2 this last week I’m finding it hard to think about playing any other MMO. I'll see how it goes just before launch but currently I can’t see myself buying it which is a shame as prior to playing GW2 I was going to buy it and play both.

I still rate Trion way above any other company in the MMO industry though and I’m sure this xpac will be great.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

it looks great as would be expected from a top of the line company such as trion.

it's between this and rohan for me...  i know rohan releases first, so i guess it's going to get the first chance to draw my attention... but if it doesnt i know i'm gonna end up getting SL and getting back to my rift character :)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Gonna have to give a " I second that " to the guy talking about population in games. Low population just is not the same experience.
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Another expansion I will eventually get but not right away like I have over the years for other games.  A certain new game has me hooked so deep I can't pull away right now.  This is a good thing, I can actually ask for these expansions for Christmas without annoying anyone when I go and buy them before they get a chance to.  Namely my wife.  Lol, she hates when I do that.  
  • BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163

Excited.  I will be buying on Day 1.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

image and congrats Trion. I hope the expansion pays off for them. They defenatly deserve it. I'm not going to buy it myself (yet), but maybe in the future. Rift is just not what i seek for now.

But with all this, and their other upcoming games, i honestly would love for Trion to make a more sandboxy mmorpg in future. Keep it up guys.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    @ Warbs

Thx, didn't know instant adventures was being introduce for new players..

200k sub seems ok for a game like this and to support trion dev size.. But I guess they could merge a few of the servers after the xpac is release, and the new feeling of the xpac has died down..
  • DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515
    If they don't fix the animation, this game still can't draw my attention !! :(
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by William12
    Not buying it and its not because rift isn't awesome.  I played EQ for 13 years and have played rift since launch.  I no longer play either and its because I refuse to play a game when the population is too low it really sucks because rift is awesome, but with only around 200k active subs the population sucks. 

I could not care less if being alone on server as long I can actually PLAY. But game design is such with their main flag, rifts, that having a lot of players around is MONDATORY. And this is bad, really bad. When first time cancelled my sub was out of frustration.

I remember many times I was unable to play with any of my alts few days in a row at late evening when returning from job. At all times when I logged in I was in middle of zillion invaders, rifts everywhere, that killed all npc's in quest hub seconds after they respawned from previous death. And killed me to, of course. Was impossible to play, to do anything. At end just logged out. Day after day. I could start new alt, but that is silly. I already had 8, 4 for every faction. As I level them concurrently many times happend through gameplay that they were all in same area. That was at all times when logged back to be war zone. I know timer is not 24hours, but it looks I have been "fortunate" enough. No matter at which hour between 20h or 23h or even later I have returned from job, at that hours there was armageddon.

And same problem happening now. This is only reason I have not resubbed in summer. Instead have tried back CO. Have purchased TSW, now WOW, ....

They should find mechanics that would influence rift spawn rate and strength according to number of players online. Or move annyoing invaders out of main quest hubs at least.