Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Defiance: PVP at PAX Prime 2012

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During PAX Prime last weekend, we had the opportunity for some quality hands on time with Trion Worlds' Defiance. We got a good look at PvP in the game and have a full preview for our readers. Read on!

I’ve been eagerly watching Trion’s Defiance. I know most folks who are shooter fans love them some PVP, but for me I love it when I can mix in both PVE content and competitive shooting. We’ve seen Defiance’s PVE content in action, big open world battles, quests, and events similar to what we’ve grown to love in Rift. But what we saw at PAX Prime was an example of the game’s instanced PVP. I sidled up to one of the PC stations (the game is also launching simultaneously next year on the Xbox 360 and PS3, though each will play separately from the others), and chatted with Bill Trost, Defiance’s Lead Game Designer.

Read more of Bill Murphy's Defiance: PVP at PAX Prime 2012.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689
    Added to my list of can t waits. So many I m looking forward to.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    LOOKS SICK... can't wait
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• NemajnebNemajneb Member Posts: 12
    Well...this makes it more interesting, but i'm picturing it as nothing more than scenerio based owpvp now...I like total owpvp...if they do that, i'm alllllll in.  Although i'm not sure how they could incorporate that into the show.
  • starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230

So basically your queing for "instanced" pvp but they call it seamless lol. That was a pvp qued instance lol wtf are they smoking?

I still dont get why they didnt do with this falling skies its a better show from what i seen of this it just looks like a halo ripoff with instanced pvp hmm.....

• coretestercoretester Member Posts: 64
    Thanks but I dont want a console port shooter let alone a MMO. Should be a blast for lowly console players though.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by coretester
    Thanks but I dont want a console port shooter let alone a MMO. Should be a blast for lowly console players though.

It's actually not a port at all. The best way to put it is that here developing it with three different teams and code bases across each platform. It's not ported from one to the other, but rather developed in line with each other.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    I smell tabula rasa. Count me out. Not interested in this at all.