Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Guild Wars 2: Professional League Recruits 'The Last Pride'

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,595MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Professional gaming league, Azubu, has recruited The Last Pride from Guild Wars 2 to join its growing ranks of professional gaming groups. Azubu sponsors professional gamers in titles such as League of Legends, Starcraft and now Guild Wars 2.

The coach of Azubu Last Pride, Ji-hoon Park stated, “By combining with the official sponsor Azubu, The Last Pride [Evil] will be performing to their maximum capabilities as Azubu Last Pride in Guild Wars 2. We hope the world continues supporting the team.”

Azubu will provide gaming streams, VOD, and game tips among other features for Azubu Last Pride on a special Guild Wars 2 site: gw2.azubu.com. Also, Azubu will try to recruit other skilled teams to increase e-Sports league content.

Find out more at the link above.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo fort lauderdale, FLPosts: 1,405Member Uncommon

exciting!....

oh 'First!'

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,183Member Uncommon
    Don't understand why anyone watches esports when you can play the game yourself.  What is the point?
  • orbitxoorbitxo fort lauderdale, FLPosts: 1,405Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Don't understand why anyone watches esports when you can play the game yourself.  What is the point?

you watch look for strats ..game play, then go and play yourself...i can say the same for basketball-football- Tennis...list can go on!

just go outside and play them yourself!

• leviboleyleviboley Columbia, MOPosts: 5Member
    I can say as a gamer that suffers from severe anxiety, competative games such as League of Legends, Starcraft II and WoW's Arena all cause me panic attacks, but I absolutely enjoy the games. Watching e-Sports casts allow me to enjoy the game without any adverse effects.
  • QSatuQSatu WarsawPosts: 1,735Member Uncommon
    I watch when I'm too tired to move my mouse. =]
  • RocknissRockniss Youngstown, OHPosts: 1,034Member
    I don't watch tv period, watching anything is boring, I'm more of a doer
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Mississauga, ONPosts: 912Member
    Most GW2 gamers don't even know who The Last Pride [Evil] is. You'd have to go back to the early days of GW when they were the top GvG team and won a bucket load of money and prizes when ANet actually handed out prizes at tournaments. It's nice to see them finally get a sponsor.

• CoolitCoolit FalkirkPosts: 468Member Uncommon
    I'm looking forward to watching the e-sports side of the game develop and the fact Anet have already said they are going to fully support it, now companies like this "want in" it's all a good sign.
  • OvumOvum SofiaPosts: 102Member Uncommon
    what?

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

• EtherougeEtherouge Candler, NCPosts: 514Member

I have to agree. I can only watch TV when it's something engaging, like on Nat Geo or History Channel. Though, nowadays, they're just airing bullshit that involves hillbillies catching reptiles or fish. Can't stand the commercials either. And watching e-sports is just as boring as watching basketball or football.

• ZeGermanZeGerman Andover, MAPosts: 196Member
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Why does anyone watch proffession sports anyone can play them?  the answer is the pros are better and it makes it more exciting.

• woodard2040woodard2040 marion, INPosts: 20Member
    I'm not really sure this is news but meh.
  • ichihaifuichihaifu nullPosts: 259Member Uncommon
    You can watch the matches directly from the game in future (if it will function like it did in GW).