Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

All reviews and op pieces are laughable, a tale of 2friends.

124»

Comments

• k-damagek-damage ParisPosts: 738Member
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

and I don't get credit for heals, like people don't think I'm awesome for healing them because I'm not in groups and stuff.

Are ... people like that really existing .. ?

I thought such vulgar and pointless desires were reserved to caricatures ?

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• MindTriggerMindTrigger La Quinta, CAPosts: 2,596Member
    Originally posted by k-damage
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

and I don't get credit for heals, like people don't think I'm awesome for healing them because I'm not in groups and stuff.

Are ... people like that really existing .. ?

I thought such vulgar and pointless desires were reserved to caricatures ?

Actually, playing a support role does come with a lot of satisfaction, and people who have much simpler roles, such as DPS are often thankful about it. A good tank is reward with positive feedback as well, and it's nice to be appreciated.

I take it you play DPS roles usually.  Even though I knew how this game was going to play, I still wanted to act as a pure healer in WvW, but couldn't.  It's not just about being thanked.  Without support in most games, the other players are useless fin sustained combat.  It's fun and challenging to keep people up.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• BladestromBladestrom edinburghPosts: 4,946Member Uncommon
    Complaining about lack of dedicated heal role is pointless, it is not part of this game. Everyone is responsible for healing and should be resizing people to benefit the battle- e.g. Resizing someone will give greater benefit to the fight than dpsing. There is also a very good reason why there are no dps/hps monitors in gw2. It discourages the mentality where appearing to be the top player is more important than doing what is correct.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BladestromBladestrom edinburghPosts: 4,946Member Uncommon
    ^^ not to mention the old tanks and healers are great, dpsers just care about dpsing aka I'm important your not mentality.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• loulakiloulaki PatrasPosts: 918Member
    Originally posted by Betaguy

I have played to level cap, game is severly lacking... I will go to MoP on the 25th....

thats why i wait one month to start heavily play the game, in order all these WoW-ers will go back to their mizery ^^

• IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

If anyone thinks this is clunky... I dunno what to tell them. They must literally be married to exactly one thing and totally unable to adapt to the slightest nuances.

You just described 99% of the posters on this message board.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

124»