Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost 50 silver at the cow launcher

LeononaLeonona Member UncommonPosts: 225
I was standing next to the guy operating the cow launcher when some dialogue popped up. I didn't really read it and just clicked something to move on. Something about putting a wager in on where the cow would land. I had a little more than 50 silver in my inventory and only after I clicked something did I realize I had just put in a wager of 50 silver on where the cow would land. Oh sh_t, oh sh_t I thought as I watched the cow launch into the air. You lost, the next dialogue window said. So I guess I learned to pay better attention to those dialogue options.

Comments

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    My brother did the same thing, waited 30 mins for the event to start just so he could get a vista and then wager on it hastily without knowing it was 50 silver.. Lost all his money lol

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• mustang2750mustang2750 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Ditto! Lol
  • Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    Cattlepault and Cow Race Wagering... GW2's most effective "in-game deflationary tool!!!"
  • TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    I did that too, had 2 silver left after it was done. Sucked!!

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

I missed the first bet as the windowed popped up and vanished so fast I thought I was just seeing things. I stood around and listened to them talk about where it landed and that they wanted to go again, the second window popped up and I picked the nest for and sure enough one cow and one nest later I had won one gold. When the third bet came in I didn't get a window, I assume that's because I already bet or I had won the bet. Either way I'm glad I didn't bet as I was going to pick the tower and it landed in the roost. ;-P

I rather enjoyed betting on the cows and plan to return and see if it will let me do it again after some time has passed.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.