Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite class so far?

Comments

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Chose at random a mesmer and not regretting it. :)

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126

My Longbow/ Sword-Axe Warrior

My Greatsword/ Scepter-Torch Guardian

Also My Necro and Ranger and Elementalist

Loving every minute of my altoholicism in this game, Each profession ive tried offers something fun and different from the last.

I am really enjoying GW2!!

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Ranger is most well rounded class in GW2 - period.

Its great for PVE , Great for WvW , and not shabby in sPvP

You have AOE almost as good as Ele

You have single target melee almost as good as Warrior

You can place 2 combo fields and use them yourself ! (Only one that can do that)

You are good soloist and very wanted in groups

And you have a tank...

Its almost eezy mode class

Erm... I have fun w/ the ranger too, but almost none of what you posted is actually true.

- Elementalist has way more AoE than the ranger gets (on almost every weapon).

- Warrior has much higher melee burst than ranger gets on any of the weapons (especially w/ the greatsword or axe)

- Almost every class can lay down multiple combo fields on themselves, as well as multiple finishers. I think the warrior is the only one that can only do 1 combo field (with the longbow).

- Every class is good solo, and I haven't found any class but the guardian who is ever specifically asked for.

Don't get me wrong, ranger is a pretty solid class, but they are fairly average all across the board. It's what makes them good. They have 'good enough' in most areas, and they have a pet to help makeup the difference.

• ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168

Every class I tried bored me after a couple levels...until I tried thief. It's a very fun class.

Not sure what I'll try later, maybe a necro

• ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128

I do like my engineer (main of sorts) but I also fancy my ranger, thief, mesmer, guardian and necro. I haven't played my warrior and ele yet beyond level 2 so can't talk about those. I hope I'll hate them as it's confusing enough as it is.

In other words, no, I haven't found my one true profession yet.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Warrior, thief, guardian, engineer AND ranger. I have already created the first three and I plan to create the last two soon. All different races.
  • Gamer1o1Gamer1o1 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by maji

I really wanted to like the mesmer but dps is so low :(

but otherwise they are a fun class

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Thief all day erryday.

I love flying around the screen with my Ebony skinned Asura. 

LDB>LDB>dodge>steal>LDB>dodge>HS   best mobility class ive ever played (aside from the war in wow during cata before they got nerfed)

Just so much fun to play. I havent even tried another class yet. I dont think I will either.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Mes

Quite like warrior - using ranged. And there's some fun self harm builds you can do with necro

Wasn't keen on ranger, shortbow and great sword were fun enough, other weapons a bit meh (although warhorn is nice off hand)
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Engineer  (w/ multiple kits) is a lot of fun, Elementalist too.  The other classes are extremely boring, they have only a handfull of usable skills are are extremely generic.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Oh for pure fun and giggles. I highly recommend aura warrior with 2 handed hammer.
  • spiritglowspiritglow Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by Nevulus

I was dead set on Mesmer for release, with an ele alt....then I tried a thief by accident. I will never be the same again. An actual melee class with REAL strategy and different playstyles. Truly amazing. I hear Warrior is also as surprising.

This reminds of the first time I played bard on EQ1, it was sheer genius. I was never the same after that.

• Gamer1o1Gamer1o1 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Aori

I don't really like GW2 overall.. however the one class that just has me coming back for nibbles is the engineer. The various kits and omgawd mines.. give me joy.

LONG LIVE DA SAPPER!

Very fun class, wish the DPS was better but hey fun > dps

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by Gamer1o1
    Originally posted by maji

I really wanted to like the mesmer but dps is so low :(

but otherwise they are a fun class

Its only low the first 10-15 levels till you can start putting a decent amount of points into traits. Memser just keeps getting better and better imo.

Plus you are nigh unkillable with skills like blink and decoy plus i run staff or greatsword+sword/focus. Sword is great dps plus a distortion while focus has the most fun ability i've seen yet, Temporal Curtain. Once you master it you find it amazing in pvp and pve.

Mesmer is a blast to play.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

I'm loving my dual dagger (+ staff for weapon swap) Necro right now.  It took me a while since I loved my Asura Warrior in BWE3, but once I discovered the dual dagger Necro, I'm feeling pretty damn awesome....and I haven't even unlocked Lich Form yet!

My first alt is a Warrior which I still love and my second will be probably a Thief, unless they end up nerfing it too much within the next month or so.

Watching my wife play her Ele has given me a new respect for that profession.  My oldest kids Mesmer is pretty cool while my youngest's Ranger unfortunately seems a little same old, same old.  That's to bad because I was planning on a Ranger for my first alt, originally.

Anyway, my list would go like this (so far):

Necro

Warrior

Thief

Elementalist

Mesmer

Ranger

I have no interest in either Guardian or Engineer so won't even bother.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by Nevulus

I was dead set on Mesmer for release, with an ele alt....then I tried a thief by accident. I will never be the same again. An actual melee class with REAL strategy and different playstyles. Truly amazing. I hear Warrior is also as surprising.

I was very surprised at how fun and different the Warrior turned out to be.  Very versatile, I think.  Easy to mold to your particular playstyle.  Thief is a load of fun too (at least in the first two BWEs it was) so hopefully that hasn't changed much, and won't change by the time I'm ready to play my 3rd char.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by evolver1972

I'm loving my dual dagger (+ staff for weapon swap) Necro right now.  It took me a while since I loved my Asura Warrior in BWE3, but once I discovered the dual dagger Necro, I'm feeling pretty damn awesome....and I haven't even unlocked Lich Form yet!

My first alt is a Warrior which I still love and my second will be probably a Thief, unless they end up nerfing it too much within the next month or so.

Watching my wife play her Ele has given me a new respect for that profession.  My oldest kids Mesmer is pretty cool while my youngest's Ranger unfortunately seems a little same old, same old.  That's to bad because I was planning on a Ranger for my first alt, originally.

Necro

Warrior

Thief

Elementalist

Mesmer

Ranger

funny i had no interest in guardian at all throughout all the BWEs.. finaly got around to rolling one.. just hit 15 with it and its in my top 3 favorite classes

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Necro

Warrior

Thief

Elementalist

Mesmer

Ranger

funny i had no interest in guardian at all throughout all the BWEs.. finaly got around to rolling one.. just hit 15 with it and its in my top 3 favorite classes

Psh, everything is ur fav class. You change your mind faster than a... oh wait, you are a girl. Nevermind...

Warrior because I like being the center of attention, and by center of attention, I mean every mob focusing me first... but rly I don't, but they won't stop focusing me, like I'm cursed or something I swear. But versatility, damage and tankyness is nice.

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Math
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    The only ones being close to right in this poll is warrior and necro lol
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by eggy08

Necro

Warrior

Thief

Elementalist

Mesmer

Ranger

Psh, everything is ur fav class. You change your mind faster than a... oh wait, you are a girl. Nevermind...

Warrior because I like being the center of attention, and by center of attention, I mean every mob focusing me first... but rly I don't, but they won't stop focusing me, like I'm cursed or something I swear. But versatility, damage and tankyness is nice.

lol liar! although I do admit I have never had such a hard time sticking to a single class in a game before

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Originally posted by eggy08

Necro

Warrior

Thief

Elementalist

Mesmer

Ranger

lol liar! although I do admit I have never had such a hard time sticking to a single class in a game before

Don't you liar me. I'm still waiting on you to get to instance level. Chip chop chip!

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Rolled nothing but a Warrior so far all the way to 80. Working on getting full exotics at the moment. All I need is 4 more pieces of armor to complete the exotic set. Love the class and having a blast in the game.

Greatsword + Long Bow

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Warrior for PvP and ranger for PvE.