Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This AWSOME GAME needs Hype !!!

Comments

• anemisanemis Member Posts: 39
    Been waiting for this.. Hope there will be no delay

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    sorry to disappoint  You but in item shop You have only fashion mounts and books to increase crafting exp for certain duration
  • AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    i dont understand why developers want to make browser mmo's. I get turned off by it. When i hear a game is browser based I wont even thouch it, im not realt sure why, but i feel like its not hardcore enough:)  Maybe its just me..
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Isn't this the stupid game that guy paid like 16K for some OP weapon for?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2079095/Chinese-man-spends-16-000-sword-virtual-martial-arts-game.html

same game, but its not OP its purely fashion for collector

Originally posted by Andistotle
    i dont understand why developers want to make browser mmo's. I get turned off by it. When i hear a game is browser based I wont even thouch it, im not realt sure why, but i feel like its not hardcore enough:)  Maybe its just me..

browser? 7 958 474 752 bytes on hd with all updates that are on chinese server atm  

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,374

A bit out of my normal comfort zone, but then I'm getting so very bored with the MMO space I've been occupying these days, perhaps I'll give it a go when it releases.

What the heck?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by vojkan95
    Originally posted by doragon86

Gpotato? Noooooopppee. 

Whats wrong with Gpotato ???? i played aika online from G potato  .... its still my best MMoRPG    !

Hmm your "best mmorpg" is aika...hmm not sure what you consider awesome game is what i would consider "an awesome game"

i may try it out of curiosity, been trying a few asian f2p games on the side...typically by quest hub# 2 im done though

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Gpotato? Noooooopppee. 

This^

I will not touch anything associated with Gpotato.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

Gpotato? Noooooopppee. 

This^

Over priced cash shops, lots of gold spammers, and a whole bunch of kiddies ?  whats not to like?

• comrademariocomrademario Member Posts: 98
    I'm gonna try this out, not sure what the problem is with gPotato though as I play Allods and don't find it too bad. Some things could be better sure (take runes out of PvP for one) but overall I'm not seeing why gPotato are a producer to stay away from. Anyone care to enlighten me?
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by comrademario
    I'm gonna try this out, not sure what the problem is with gPotato though as I play Allods and don't find it too bad. Some things could be better sure (take runes out of PvP for one) but overall I'm not seeing why gPotato are a producer to stay away from. Anyone care to enlighten me?

I think pretty much every developer and publisher has a hateclub on this site so if you dont have a problem with gPotato then take it with a grain of salt.If it doesnt bother you then it really doesnt matter what someone else thinks.

Honestly if it was that big of a deal they could just play the NA version that is being hosted by the games developer Snail games,but I think some just enjoy the whine.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Asheram
    Originally posted by comrademario

I think pretty much every developer and publisher has a hateclub on this site so if you dont have a problem with gPotato then take it with a grain of salt.If it doesnt bother you then it really doesnt matter what someone else thinks.

Honestly if it was that big of a deal they could just play the NA version that is being hosted by the games developer Snail games,but I think some just enjoy the whine.

Except if you play the NS version as a european, you will have a tough time doing events, since most of them will probably be during european night time. The only benifit we would have, would be that we can kidnapp them while they are sleeping. :P I have no experience with gPotato prior to this game, and the only thing I don´t like that they did so far, is to hand out BETA keys through playing Allods Online. I sure as hell have ZERO interest in doing that. Other then that, I come into this with open eyes, and hopy gPotato will do fine with AoW.

• paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437
    Originally posted by csthao

It also looks so similar to 9Dragons...

That's the first thing I thought of when the person posted about sitting down on logout and becoming a store/shop.

I can't take any free to play/pay to win game seriously.  Only takes a few hours to see how silly most of them are.

I wouldn't mind if someone did one of these games right.  I'd enjoy it.  But, most of the time they flub it up.  In the case of this one, the flying and floating look awful.  Which, so did the wire flying in CTHD. 

I hated the endless button mash of 9Dragons to level up a skill/attack.  Repetition and more Repetition for each level.  I'd hate to see the sheer amount of bots people would use to level their skills.  9Dragons had it's share and that was years ago when I beta'd it.

[edit]Had to clarify something.[/edit]

Originally posted by paroxysm

That's the first thing I thought of when the person posted about sitting down on logout and becoming a store/shop.

I can't take any free to play/pay to win game seriously.  Only takes a few hours to see how silly most of them are.

I wouldn't mind if someone did one of these games right.  I'd enjoy it.  But, most of the time they flub it up.  In the case of this one, the flying and floating look awful.  Which, so did the wire flying in CTHD. 

I hated the endless button mash of 9Dragons to level up a skill/attack.  Repetition and more Repetition for each level.  I'd hate to see the sheer amount of bots people would use to level their skills.  9Dragons had it's share and that was years ago when I beta'd it.

Did you think the flying etc in CTHD was done badly? Wow... That´s one of the most beautifully shot martial arts movies EVER. The 4 oscars it won, outa 10 nominations, (you´ll never see a martial arts movie get that many nominees ever again) among those it won was Best Cinematography and I would dare to say your view on the subject doesn´t rly fit what the wide public liked. So for any1 that likes the flying and running on walls etc that they had in CTHD, AoW will suit you perfectly.

Originally posted by Lahuzer

Did you think the flying etc in CTHD was done badly? Wow... That´s one of the most beautifully shot martial arts movies EVER. The 4 oscars it won, outa 10 nominations, (you´ll never see a martial arts movie get that many nominees ever again) among those it won was Best Cinematography and I would dare to say your view on the subject doesn´t rly fit what the wide public liked. So for any1 that likes the flying and running on walls etc that they had in CTHD, AoW will suit you perfectly.

All of that is based on opinion.  Some opinions are more respected than others, but they are still opinions.

The reason I call it awful is the floaty and changing nature of the flight paths without any force actually being exerted in a direction.  Add in some more special effects to make the launches more dramatic to help suspend belief.  Make sure there is force being exerted by the person to achieve the mid air changes in direction.  Little things. 

Making people believe takes attention to detail and is still based on realistic things in order to achieve unrealistic things.

All of that is based on opinion.  Some opinions are more respected than others, but they are still opinions.

The reason I call it awful is the floaty and changing nature of the flight paths without any force actually being exerted in a direction.  Add in some more special effects to make the launches more dramatic to help suspend belief.  Make sure there is force being exerted by the person to achieve the mid air changes in direction.  Little things. 

Making people believe takes attention to detail and is still based on realistic things in order to achieve unrealistic things.

Well the thing with combat ala CTHD is to not have it grounded in reality. It´s suppose to be over the top and poetic in a sense. Making it more real or believable would take away the beauty of it. 

Ofc peoples opinion in this matter will be different. But haven said that, and taking the HUGE success of CTHD all over the world in consideration, I guess it´s safe to say that the once enjoying this kind of "floating fighting" etc is leading the race.

Well the thing with combat ala CTHD is to not have it grounded in reality. It´s suppose to be over the top and poetic in a sense. Making it more real or believable would take away the beauty of it. 

Ofc peoples opinion in this matter will be different. But haven said that, and taking the HUGE success of CTHD all over the world in consideration, I guess it´s safe to say that the once enjoying this kind of "floating fighting" etc is leading the race.

I appreciate a poetic/beautiful story as well as settings/art/etc in a poetic/beautiful sense.  But, in order for the audience to be able to suspend belief fully, you have to base unrealistic things on realistic things or thorougly explain why someone can perform unrealistic things.  It allows you to become more immersed in the story/movie/game.  It allows your mind to be more accepting that what you know to be unrealistic is possible. 

The only way you can claim people like something most is to show them the two options and let them choose.   You'd have to show them two versions of CTHD.  One with the original flight/floating combat and one showing what I spoke of changing.

[edit] To clarify.  When I watched CTHD, I did not see people flying through the air.  I saw people being pulled through the air.  I saw people change direction mid air without exerting any force in an opposing direction.  These are not people who are supposed to just fly or levitate.  They are supposed to defy gravity by overcoming it with power.  Power that is exerted with ease and grace.  But, power that must be exerted. [/edit]

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by redman875
    Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

Gpotato? Noooooopppee. 

This^

Over priced cash shops, lots of gold spammers, and a whole bunch of kiddies ?  whats not to like?

its almost like you don't even need to review the game itself...

but unfortunately i tend to agree with all the above..image

I appreciate a poetic/beautiful story as well as settings/art/etc in a poetic/beautiful sense.  But, in order for the audience to be able to suspend belief fully, you have to base unrealistic things on realistic things or thorougly explain why someone can perform unrealistic things.  It allows you to become more immersed in the story/movie/game.  It allows your mind to be more accepting that what you know to be unrealistic is possible. 

The only way you can claim people like something most is to show them the two options and let them choose.   You'd have to show them two versions of CTHD.  One with the original flight/floating combat and one showing what I spoke of changing.

[edit] To clarify.  When I watched CTHD, I did not see people flying through the air.  I saw people being pulled through the air.  I saw people change direction mid air without exerting any force in an opposing direction.  These are not people who are supposed to just fly or levitate.  They are supposed to defy gravity by overcoming it with power.  Power that is exerted with ease and grace.  But, power that must be exerted. [/edit]

First of. Both CTHD and AoW are fiction, or fantasy. It´s not real life. And if you can´t immerse yourself to movies like CTHD or games like AoW I feel sorry for you. And the makers of AoW had the choice to do it however they wanted when they made the game. And they went with this CTHD feel to the game. If you can´t take that, then I guess you will have to look elsewhere for a game that suits you more. Cause I doubt they will change their game for you, or the few out there that might want the same as you. The game is already a huge success in China, and prolly will be a nice nich game in EU and NA as well. I guess you have to take it or leave it. I´m taking all they have to offer with open arms. I guess you would have to look for something like a "The Ultimate Fighter MMO" or something to have it more real.

First of. Both CTHD and AoW are fiction, or fantasy. It´s not real life. And if you can´t immerse yourself to movies like CTHD or games like AoW I feel sorry for you. And the makers of AoW had the choice to do it however they wanted when they made the game. And they went with this CTHD feel to the game. If you can´t take that, then I guess you will have to look elsewhere for a game that suits you more. Cause I doubt they will change their game for you, or the few out there that might want the same as you. The game is already a huge success in China, and prolly will be a nice nich game in EU and NA as well. I guess you have to take it or leave it. I´m taking all they have to offer with open arms. I guess you would have to look for something like a "The Ultimate Fighter MMO" or something to have it more real.

Not sure why you seem upset that I have an opinion about it.  Also, the movie was ok.  All I'm saying is, in my opinion, it could have been better visually with some changes to make it less floaty looking.  As the game copies that style, in my opinion, it would look better as well from some changes to how it's done.  They need only look at pretty much any anime or cartoon to see it done better/right.

I don't expect them to change the game for me.  And no, a UFC game is nothing like a game like this.  Who says I can't enjoy both.  I was only commenting about a certain aspect that I do not like.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Gpotato? Noooooopppee. 

Whats wrong with Gpotato ???? i played aika online from G potato  .... its still my best MMoRPG    !

GPotato managed to ruin a great game like Allods Online with their P2W cash shop. I expect the same with this great title. AWESOME game, publisher that is known for twisting your arm for cash until it breaks. In fact it's not so much the publisher as the players that decide to throw thousands of dollars at a game just to win. It's just no fun to play if you only want to spend a couple of hundred dollars on it. And if you're not going to enjoy playing it once the cash shop comes into play, then why bother at all?

imageimage

Not sure why you seem upset that I have an opinion about it.  Also, the movie was ok.  All I'm saying is, in my opinion, it could have been better visually with some changes to make it less floaty looking.  As the game copies that style, in my opinion, it would look better as well from some changes to how it's done.  They need only look at pretty much any anime or cartoon to see it done better/right.

I don't expect them to change the game for me.  And no, a UFC game is nothing like a game like this.  Who says I can't enjoy both.  I was only commenting about a certain aspect that I do not like.

Ohh, I´m not upset at all. I just don´t get how some1 can say that the visuals of CTHD was done badly. I know this is your opinion, and your ofc intitled to have one. I´m just on the other side of the fence on this subject, and I´m glad that AoW has gone the same route as CTHD when it come to the visuals, and feel of the game. And since this is what they have, either you play it this way, or don´t. Quite simple really. I sure hope you do.

• comrademariocomrademario Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Gpotato? Noooooopppee. 

GPotato managed to ruin a great game like Allods Online with their P2W cash shop. I expect the same with this great title. AWESOME game, publisher that is known for twisting your arm for cash until it breaks. In fact it's not so much the publisher as the players that decide to throw thousands of dollars at a game just to win. It's just no fun to play if you only want to spend a couple of hundred dollars on it. And if you're not going to enjoy playing it once the cash shop comes into play, then why bother at all?

You mean the Cash Shop items like the Fear of Death, Incense, Battle Mounts, Patronage 5 and Runes? The ones the developers put into the game in Russia that worked over there that gPotato have mostly gotten rid of? 

For clarification, in Europe we don't have Fear of Death anymore (they even made the thing that blocked it for free until the devs removed it from the game altogether), Incense is given for free through quests (not the case in Russia), Battle Mounts had their OP abilities removed (in EU at least), Patronage 5 wasn't introduced (in EU anyway), mount food is for free through a quest (not the case in Russia) and mounts are for free through the Tropical Atoll. The only thing left is runes, which again is from the developer side of things.

Seems to me that gPotato, and publishers in general, often get a hard time of things whilst devs get a free ride.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    None of the videos have overly impressed me, Blade and Soul looks much more promising.
    Originally posted by evilastro
    None of the videos have overly impressed me, Blade and Soul looks much more promising.

To each his own ofc. But I think AoW beats the living daylights outa BaS. The aesthetics in AoW outclasses anything in BaS. And BaS has this crappy fantasy look that AION and most other asian MMOs have. So I pick AoW 7 days a week over BaS.

Edit. Although I´m not gonna play this one for the graphics. It´s the actuall gameplay that intrigues me.