Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: Secrets of Dragon's Spine Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom has announced the next series of updates for Age of Conan Unchained. Called "Secrets of Dragon's Spine", the content will be released in an episodic fashion with releases approximately every six weeks. The first update is slated to be released in the next few months and will feature a desert location filled with new dungeons, quests, monsters and rewards.

Within the new content, which is aimed at level eighty players, there will be several new dungeons, a new raid area, a massive outdoor region (roughly the same size as the coast of Ardashir), and a new PvP area, as well as a host of new rewards, armor sets, weapons and other cultural items. There will also be a new mount type that will be revealed later on, which is closely linked to the story in the new area. The new dungeons are called The Coils of Ubah Kan, The Sepulchral of the Wyrm and The Slithering Chaos, and will offer the same kind of selection of experiences as in ‘The Savage Coast of Turan’ update.

Read more about Secrets of Dragon's Spine on the Age of Conan Unchained site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• barezzbarezz Member UncommonPosts: 147
    "Next few months" ran through Google translator = "Don't expect this before Febuary 2013".
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Originally posted by barezz
    "Next few months" ran through Google translator = "Don't expect this before Febuary 2013".

Definitely NOT the impression I got talking to Craig Morrison at PAX. ;)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I would LOVE to be wrong!  I really would :)

However cutbacks to a team that had already faced delays over the past year does not provide much encouragement.  Still, I can afford to be hopeful :)

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

Craig talks out of his ass 99% of the time. The man is a pathological liar.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781
    Originally posted by Connmacart
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

Craig talks out of his ass 99% of the time. The man is a pathological liar.

As if you've ever met him, spoke to him, or know .001% of anything about him.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    I don't know why they even bother with adding more features to this dead game. It is just going to be more bugs. It is time to let this game just die already. I was playing on Deathwish a while back and there were 47 people from 1-80 on there.... It has to be the PVE that people still play and that is still a super small fraction. This was a good game but the bugs and dumb devs Funcom have killed it. More bugs every 6 weeks once they start patching lol.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

AOC is one of the best PVE mmorpgs games out there, sure thats not what it was origionally suppose to be but still its awesome fun.. so im glad they are adding more to the game :)

• ElSandmanElSandman Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Caldrin

AOC is one of the best PVE mmorpgs games out there, sure thats not what it was origionally suppose to be but still its awesome fun.. so im glad they are adding more to the game :)

I agree.  Funcom are amongst the best in the business with their instance design.

• NightglowNightglow Member Posts: 3

Tried AoC 17 month ago just to check if the new machine could handle it and curious how the swaying grass and water reflection worked out.  Ended up staying in Hyboria :)  bit more intesive adult MMO, and the graphics are great once u have the machine for it. . The episodes will just spice it up more between raids too (more adventure type), something I see they do in TSW.

• GeezerGaz82GeezerGaz82 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    always nice to see more added to this game, keep up the good work FunCom
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

The problem with this game, you are channeled everywhere.  It is not an open world, it feels like being in a cage all the time.

That is why it is pretty much dead, there are a ton of much better games out there.

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Mention a few please... just to let us know what are those "much better" games.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    It will be interesting to see how they fight a war on three fronts.  AOC expansion, TSW continued development, AO's engine upgrade scheduled for this year.  That's a bunch to do at one time.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I just bought a sub to Age of Conan and Im having a great time in the hame so far. The game is much bette than I what i expected. The best ting with this game is the community. Players are very helpful, friendly and mature. The guild i joined made me feel very welcome. So I actually cancelled my WOW sub, ans started subbing to AoC instead. The game is far from dead yet...
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

I would LOVE to be wrong!  I really would :)

However cutbacks to a team that had already faced delays over the past year does not provide much encouragement.  Still, I can afford to be hopeful :)

You people need to get a clue this is common practice to layoff workers , let contracted workers go after a release of a game WOW does it, and everyone does it and I know because I been in the industy, so this forum and the people   on it just like the media loves to blow things out of proportion as usually... Oh also they have proven people wrong with TSW with an awesome lauch!!

If I was funcom I would be happy to prove the fans wrong that they know how to release a good game they release way , way better then GW2 did thats for sure, GW2 is bug ridden...

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by XAPGames
    It will be interesting to see how they fight a war on three fronts.  AOC expansion, TSW continued development, AO's engine upgrade scheduled for this year.  That's a bunch to do at one time.

Ummm they have different teams, this surprising how many people do not have a clue about game design, thats scary .

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Played for 737 hours, One of the best games ive played.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    I liked the game when I played it till soon after achieving level 80.  After that is was either raiding or grinding faction to get any results.  I cancelled my subscription even though it is still active till near the end of the year.  I log on from time to time just to see any updates.  They need to allow the older content to become more solo accessible.  That would entice me to return & subscribe again possibly.  I think still a good game, but it slowly loses it's appeal once at level 80 if not into raiding, grinding, or PvP.  Whatever happened to their plan to redo the crafting system too?
    Originally posted by SBFord

Well.... at the risk of seeming like a jerk, here we are in January 2013 :)