Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how much money have you spent in the Cash Shop?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384

For me, I have spent close to 200$ in the cash shop already.
I just unlocked all my character slots for each class.
and been buying some exp boosters and bank slots.
also bought some Black Lion Keys, because I had a stash of chest in my bank.

havnt exchanged gems for gold yet. Because WOW its costly.400 gems for 50 silvers. lol no thanks!!!

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

None yet.

But i do plan to expend some in character slots & random godies to support it.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

None, see no reason for it since buying gems for silver currently is cheap.

I will buy all expansions for real money though, and if I am really happy with the game a month or 2 from now I will make a purchase to support the game but right now my $60 is enough. 

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

You do know that Black lion keys drop, right? And that you can get them from the personal story?

Yeah, not as much as the chest but I got enough to lock up 3 chests from a drop by that lvl epic schaman in the norn starting area with my alt yesterday.

Might be worth farming, I think selling unlocked chests in the AH will be a lucrative business for me. :)

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by Loke666

I will buy all expansions for real money though, and if I am really happy with the game a month or 2 from now I will make a purchase to support the game but right now my $60 is enough. 

^^This.  Game is great, but I still have 4 characters to take to 80 and tons of other stuff to do all within the current build.  I'll be buying expacks for sure and 3 more character slots for the other classes at some point in the future.  Otherwise, just like every other cash shop I come across, I'll rarely if ever look at it.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    None. Bought some gems with gold though. Only cost me 2 gold for 30 account wide bank slots. I'm probably going to just do that over and over again until they are all open.
  • dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182

Hi, nice topic. 10$ so I could upgrade my inventory and buy 3 pets that follow me around. That's it. I will expand bank later but right now there is not a problem and I don't expect exceeding 5 character slots.

Anyway, 200$ is kinda much. It's like 13-14 months of subscription payment right ? And you already payed around 60$ for the game. It's great you support ArenaNet but if you want to keep your expences below normal subscription - buy stuff according to your needs.

Also exp boost is kinda useless. Exp boost from fighting give you only +50% exp from mobs. That's almosost nothing because you mainly lvl up by doing events. They give you huge amount of exp compare to mob killing. Crafting exp boost is also useless because just by discovering stuff you get +2-3 levels in crafting. Make as many different insignias you can and then just "discover" multiple versions of the same item. Your crafting will reach the sky.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I bought a medium armor skin for my character, however since it is one use only, I don't think I'll be buying another until 80. It looks damn nice, though. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

Spent $70 so far on bank slots and some boosts.

Still have a bunch of gems left. Just keeping those for my wife's stuff. She will need some bank slots, but she doesn't play as much as I do, so she doesn't know that yet.  ;)

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    All I needed was bank slots and I bought gems with ingame gold. It is cheaper than anyone expected. I can farm 300 gems (1 gold) in an hour.
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

None. I'm going to use in-game gold to buy gems to buy more bank slots and other crap.

Originally posted by Loke666

I will buy all expansions for real money though, and if I am really happy with the game a month or 2 from now I will make a purchase to support the game but right now my $60 is enough. 

My thoughts exactly!

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    None.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by colddog04
    None. Bought some gems with gold though. Only cost me 2 gold for 30 account wide bank slots. I'm probably going to just do that over and over again until they are all open.

I thought that fans who really enjoyed what Arenanet has created showed their appreciation by supporting Arenanet through their item mall. Evidently I was wrong there?

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

OMG....I'm reading this thread instead of playing.

Bye.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

None so far. When i get home on Thursday i'll probably buy some bank slots though as the provided space fills up in the blink of an eye, bit of a pain while the auction is down. I won't be bothering with armour skins until 80 if even then and character slots i'll get if i run out in the future.

I don't really see the point in the XP boosts as everything comes in so fast in the game anyway.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    I bought a medium armor skin for my character, however since it is one use only, I don't think I'll be buying another until 80. It looks damn nice, though. :)

I wanted to get the dragon armor, but since its a one time use, I figured it would ne smart to use it when I reach endgame instead of on leveling gear.

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215
    None so far.  I'm making too much money on the trading post (when it's actually up) where I can just buy gems for what ever I need.  I really want to buy some gems just to support Anet though, even if I don't need to at all.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

I thought that fans who really enjoyed what Arenanet has created showed their appreciation by supporting Arenanet through their item mall. Evidently I was wrong there?

You clearly don't understand. It's same system like in EVE. In other MMO there are 2 kind of players. Those who pay and those who don't. With EVE system, you can buy games using real money or in-game money. But every person that use item mall stuff support the game.

Why ? Because in the end - someone payed for all those gems. Ask people how much gems they spend and you will have info about how much they support the game. Paying is optional.

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378
    ROFL - You guys are great, load sof you are spending more than a monthly sub, lol@you.

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384
    Originally posted by 7star

OMG....I'm reading this thread instead of playing.

Bye.

iam doing both right now. Iam in WvW right now, but my server is low. so not much going on. Bored.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by dariuszp
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

You clearly don't understand. It's same system like in EVE. In other MMO there are 2 kind of players. Those who pay and those who don't. With EVE system, you can buy games using real money or in-game money. But every person that use item mall stuff support the game.

Why ? Because in the end - someone payed for all those gems. Ask people how much gems they spend and you will have info about how much they support the game. Paying is optional.

Nope, Arenanet artificially stocked the market with a surplus of gems at the start. At some point the gems will be "player-stocked", but depending on how much they stocked, it may take quite a long time to reach that point.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Unlocked all of the bank slots. Bought the pirate costume set. Bought a pair of sunglasses and a pair of librarian glasses. Bought 3 mini's, so I have 9 pets. I bought 2 character slots to have one of each class, minus Necromancer. I don't think I will buy the individual bag slots per character. Add to that the Collector's Edition game and the Collector's Edition OST, and well... yeah quite a bit of change.

About a dollar.

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274

None.

And I have seen nothing in the CS that is worth RL $, not when you consider you can farm gems ingame with Gold > Gems.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

I think it was 35+ for 3 character slots so I can create all professions and reserve the names. :)

After that nothing cause I don't need anything else from there.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

For me, I have spent close to 200$ in the cash shop already.
    I just unlocked all my character slots for each class.
    and been buying some exp boosters and bank slots.
    also bought some Black Lion Keys, because I had a stash of chest in my bank.

havnt exchanged gems for gold yet. Because WOW its costly.400 gems for 50 silvers. lol no thanks!!!

So, not even a month since it launched and you've already spent the equivalent of about 13 months of subscription fees.

To look at it another way, you've paid the equivalent of 1 month's subscription fee for 13 people.

Further still, you did it during what would usually be the 30 free days included with the box fee.

Is it any wonder why ANet went with a Cash Shop instead of subscriptions? Not to me. I knew why as soon as they announced it. Two words: "Revenue Potential".

It also demonstrates even further how hypocritical ANet are with their "oh, sub-based MMO devs have to justify the sub fee to their players" nonsense. No, I think ANet has to justify why players should have to spend extra $$$ on things like freaking inventory space in a game they just spent $60 on. That's lame F2P-grade shenanigans right there.

Yet, I know people will rush in to defend it. So many are so bamboozled over this game that they'll defend anything ANet does.