Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welp back to WoW....

12345679»

Comments

• dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184

i think hes goin back to "eat" up all new stuff asap n thn go elsewhere after aving compålained over lack of endgame ofc :)

i dun understand whats the rush? y not take the time snd enjoy the game?

• Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by noseforauto

So, I got to 80 in GW2, dinked around in WvW, did some sPvP, and I think I'm done. Chasing achievements doesn't do it for me, and despite what people say, there is a grind at the end of GW2; you just don't get much out of it. I only imagine there will be many more people like me in the coming months. It seems like lack of endgame might hurt them after all. Who woulda thought?

So you sped thru all the content, complain about achievement chasing, then say back to WoW? Man you guys are driving me nuts today...

You dont want to achievement chase or grind, but are telling me youre going back to the king of achievement chasing and gear grinding. Have fun with that.

• noseforautonoseforauto Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by dorugu i think hes goin back to "eat" up all new stuff asap n thn go elsewhere after aving comp
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Originally posted by dorugu i think hes goin back to "eat" up all new stuff asap n thn go elsewhere after aving compålained over lack of endgame ofc :) i dun understand whats the rush? y not take the time snd enjoy the game?

For the same reason that I didn't stop and enjoy the WoW quests. They're basically the same thing, just busy work get get experience. And both games have equipment grinding at the end, but at least WoW changes things up with new and challenging dungeons, and ac actually allows you to get more powerful so you can do more content. In GW2, you just grind the same stuff over and over again. Even all of the DEs start to feel the same after a while. Also, the scaling really diminishes the feeling of accomplishment, not to mention that the low level content really sucks for experience and karma anyway. There's absolutely no point in going back. The scaling is a joke.

Sure sure, the AI in GW2 doesn't become harder at all during levelling, dungeons or Orr...

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• noseforautonoseforauto Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

Originally posted by dorugu i think hes goin back to "eat" up all new stuff asap n thn go elsewhere after aving compålained over lack of endgame ofc :) i dun understand whats the rush? y not take the time snd enjoy the game?
      For the same reason that I didn't stop and enjoy the WoW quests. They're basically the same thing, just busy work get get experience. And both games have equipment grinding at the end, but at least WoW changes things up with new and challenging dungeons, and ac actually allows you to get more powerful so you can do more content. In GW2, you just grind the same stuff over and over again. Even all of the DEs start to feel the same after a while. Also, the scaling really diminishes the feeling of accomplishment, not to mention that the low level content really sucks for experience and karma anyway. There's absolutely no point in going back. The scaling is a joke.
    Sure sure, the AI in GW2 doesn't become harder at all during levelling, dungeons or Orr...  

It doesn't really have that much to do with the AI. Only certain mobs have unique scripting. Any difficulty spike is mainly statistical. This game is not as skill-centric as the fanboys will have you believe. There wasn't a single player in Orr when I was there. It might become more fun once it populates, but it's still just the same old quests... just a little harder. I didn't actually finish any, but I checked out some of the objectives, and it was pretty much the same stuff I'd been seeing all game, so I didn't feel like I was missing out on much.

• SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323
    I can't take anyone who says they're going back to WoW seriously.  WoW has nothing to offer.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

So, I got to 80 in GW2, dinked around in WvW, did some sPvP, and I think I'm done. Chasing achievements doesn't do it for me, and despite what people say, there is a grind at the end of GW2; you just don't get much out of it. I only imagine there will be many more people like me in the coming months. It seems like lack of endgame might hurt them after all. Who woulda thought?

I knew a lot of people would play GW2 as it was WoW...

racing to max level to discover there are no raids or daylies...or gear grinding to become overpowered.

You should of have informed yourself a little better on what the game brings.

I knew this game wasn´t to be everyone´s cup of tea...at least not to trinity raiders players.... they are too used to that mechanic.

well...good thing is that you can come back anytime...for free.

enjoy your Pandaland & cya someday back,maybe you will discover then the wonders of GW2.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

you must be kidding or simply trying to misinform...

the first dungeon at lvl 30 is beeing called "too hard" due to its much harder AI....

anyone that has played it knows that.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

uh im bout 40 hours into the game and my guardian is only lvl 17 >.< 

i think the OP is trying to play the game with some moronic WoW mindset. he'll be back. 

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Originally posted by SkullyWoods I also suspect there will be more people like you. That being people who rush through the game without taking the time to enjoy the experience. If you swallow a strawberry in one gulp, you'll never know how sweet it is...and you'll probably choke to death. My guess is that for some reason you feel that the best stuff is always in the "end-game" so you rush to get there all the time. Anybody could have told you that gw2 is not that type of game, and this point has been made clear many a time.  Anyway, you seem very much like the WoW type, perhaps you should stick to that game for the rest of the duration of your gaming life instead of learning to enjoy new experiences. 

GW2 is totally a "rush to the end" type of game. It's pretty much the same as WoW. All you do is busy work for NPCs until you hit max. The only difference is that GW2 stops there. The DEs are quite overrated. Admittedly, they are better than regular quests, but not so much better that it makes it worth it, considering how much harder they are to make, and how much longer they take. It's going to be a long, long time before you see any more content for that game. GW2 still has the carrot that you chase, it's just not a very good one. You get gear that doesn't make you any better, but you're still supposed to grind for it. It's funny how people have delusioned themselves into thinking that it's totally different.

Pitting two games together, using opinion to state that one will outlast the other when it's barely been a week out, and claiming that the game is a "rush to the end" despite incredible and outstanding evidence (both in Anet philosophy, words and actual game structure) pretty much made this one of the must incredulous, ill thought out and lackluster threads posted that I've seen in days.

You should never treat a genre with one outlook, one single minded thought or approach it in the same way as you do others.  To do such is extreme folly, as there are MMOs that are intended to be "work", and MMOs that are meant to just be fun; to go with the flow, travel the land dozens of times and witness new things without worry about level.

The current MMOs that I play are FFXIV, WoW, GW2, UO, FFXI, among a few others that I can't speak of.  Most are paid subscription, and FFXIV in general is a pure "work" mmo that I've been dedicating a lot of time towards in perparation for the next version.  WoW is just a grind of dungeons, a weekly raid that's past it's prime and learning new classes in perparation for the next expansion, UO is about nostalgia, building new houses (or adding onto real estate for each account) and generally hanging with friends and creating player events, and GW2 is about exploration and the journey.  When you treat games as they were intended, whether it's by proper information retrieval about how a game is set up or by personal inquiry, and not just put them into confliction with one another, you actually see what the game is and what crowd it's for.  Rushing to max level in a few days, in most cases, is not the way to figure this out as it goes against everything that beta players have been saying, the developers have been saying, and quite simply, how the very game is constructed.

Enjoy a game for what it is, experience the content it has to offer (as GW2 has about 20x more content than any other $60 game, and I'd call someone a serious cheapstake and, quite frankly, a jerk if they try to get a refund) and don't worry about things like it's some massive job.  If WoW has ruined one's interpretation of how MMOs work, then I quite frankly feel sorry for said people; perhaps that game will always be for them (which is a good thing in a way), but it also disallows them from opening their eyes and experiencing something new, if only they don't actively try to treat it in the way they do something else.

Aside from that, I know what a boring grind is; I actually enjoy boring grinds in some situations.  It has taken me almost two years to get half of the crafting done in FFXIV as well has collect massive amounts of gil.  It took me about 9 months to get a Grand Master Blacksmith in UO back in the 90's.  Same with the Field Marshal title with WoW during Vanilla.  Though GW2 is perhaps one of the first games that does not incorporate a mandatory grind the the same manner as other games.  It's an adventure more than anything, and people just seem to pass up the ride, not looking at what's in front of them, and trying to compare it to something (which further stifles the genre).

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • IntrospectreIntrospectre Member Posts: 40

I don't like how 90% of people defending the game are using the same "enjoy the journey, not the destination" argument. The fact is, most MMO gamers today are conditioned to level as rapidly as they can so they can get started on whatever it is you do at max level..except in this case there is nothing tto work towards at max level except cosmetic changes.

if you have to slow down to enjoy a game for fear of blowing through the content in a week, the game has problems. You could take your time and  play a game of Minesweeper for 2 hours, that doesnt mean its a compelling game worth playing. I could watch paint dry in the corner for a couple hours, that doesnt mean it's an objectively entertaining experience for anybody else.

• kol56kol56 Member Posts: 124

Wait... wait... wait a second

Is... is it just me or OP said that he likes..... WOW?

No... that can't be it

But... yeah, im not wrong, HE ACTUALLY SAID THAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsxrTkLrkx8

HE LIKES WOW.... GET HIM!!!!!

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge."

"The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all the same; so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy"
    -Seinfeld