Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wow end game is the biggest content it seems

Looks like mist pandaria has the largest end game content ever 3 raid 14 raid bosses. No other recent mmo jays come close to wow end game content

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

WOW is not alone with giving alot of end game content

i dont play EQ anymore

but EQ's most recent expansion had 13 new raids

http://www.everquest.com/expansions

RIFTs expansion, Storm Legions

will have 3 raids and 7 dungeons -- and grow the game world to triple size

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/171621/RIFTtrade_STRIKES_WITH_ITS_FIRST_EXPANSION_STORMLEGIONtrade_THIS_FALL.php

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

you lost me at "Raids"....

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by ArcheAgeFan
    Looks like mist pandaria has the largest end game content ever 3 raid 14 raid bosses. No other recent mmo jays come close to wow end game content

Really?  Three raids is considered "biggest"?  My how some gamer's standards have fallen...

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

MoP's raids are gated.  So they could have millions and it would just seem like one to most.   Unless they pull a DS and make them so easy.

One thing Blizzard have never been good at, is providing players with a varied end game that is high in quantity.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203
    Originally posted by Nadia

WOW is not alone with giving alot of end game content

i dont play EQ anymore

but EQ's most recent expansion had 13 new raids

http://www.everquest.com/expansions

RIFTs expansion, Storm Legions

will have 3 raids and 7 dungeons -- and grow the game world to triple size

Yeah, the Rift expansion seems quite good. My biggest complaint with Rift was that the world just felt too small. This is a solid step for the game. Plus, they're always adding cool new stuff. Though I wish the rifts themselves were more "important" to the gameworld. Last  I checked, they came and went largely ignored.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

OP and I have a different opinion of what "end game" content should really be about....but hey, it's WOW, so working as intended.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• omidusomidus Member UncommonPosts: 99

end game is either pve or pvp, so when there's a game that can provide "end game" and the quality of that end game is better than most of what is out there; then that game has won the subscription war. Just like wow has in the past 8 years.

doesn't matter what you think of wow's end game, its what the majority flocks to that makes and breaks the game.

some people wants to endure high end pvp (2500 to 3000 rated players in both arena and BG) and there are others that battles for world 1st in raid content.

No game has been able to provide this type of in game competition on a much this big of a scale, not even guild wars/tera/aion/swtor.

• FurrballsFurrballs Member Posts: 30

The funny thing about wows end game content is how many players are actually doing it, Im talking about serious raiding here, From what ive seen most casual players dont do much raiding beyond the LFR system. i have no idea why wow keeps pumping all these hardcore dungeons that only a small percentage of players actually do..

Perhaps they should expand the LFR system with more ezymode/faceroll content that the bulk of players will actually do.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Furrballs

The funny thing about wows end game content is how many players are actually doing it, Im talking about serious raiding here, From what ive seen most casual players dont do much raiding beyond the LFR system. i have no idea why wow keeps pumping all these hardcore dungeons that only a small percentage of players actually do..

Perhaps they should expand the LFR system with more ezymode/faceroll content that the bulk of players will actually do.

I kinda wonder why they don't do this:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5285877#5285877

At least people would see the content and get the experience needed for harder raids at the end of leveling.

• MeGaTronPowerMeGaTronPower Member Posts: 80
    Yea mop end game bosses are pretty impresive, no other mmorpg matches the amount fo raid bosses for end game that is except mmm maybe rift from what ive seen.
  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by Kyleran

OP and I have a different opinion of what "end game" content should really be about....but hey, it's WOW, so working as intended.

Yeah same, and I play WoW actively. I have found other things to do at level 85 other than raid, which is something I hate spending time on. Some of it has to do with helping out my guild or playing with other players outside of dungeon instances, y'know... not just raiding and gear-acquisition.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

I read a statistic in a forum post on this site which referenced information gathered by Blizzard.  Basically, the conclusion was that less than 10% of players were able to complete the final raid dungeon before the next expansion was released.  To me, that says one thing:  raiding is not the content players want or have time to participate in.  Making eleventy million raids does not make a game fun.

If you're one of those people who actually raids, good for you.  Have fun and enjoy the content.  The rest of us can play games that don't have a tiered 6-month raid progression that requires playing 6 hours per night.