Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am in mood for some forum PVP. GW2 haters bring it on!

Comments

• Raiyu_DefiedRaiyu_Defied Member UncommonPosts: 23

My problem is with the classes.

There isn't anything wrong with them per se. It's just i can't get attached to any of them. None of them give me that same feeling other games have done. when ever i've tried to get a decent weapon setup that i like, i dislike the playstyle / abilities that are tied into such weapons.

There are usually only 2 things that keep me playing games, and that is enjoying my class and PvP. Since i can't enjoy my class, i can't even get into the PvP.

More a personal problem then one with the game though.

'I have long since closed my eyes... My only goal is in the Darkness.'

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Originally posted by Caldrin

boring boring boring PVE quests and also most of the so called dynamic events are also boring...

I find footbal boring. Some 100 millions of other people dont.

I also find football boring lol. More of a rugby man myself.

plus the WvWvW servers cant hold enough people so this ends up with massive qs and as thats the only reason i want to play the game i dont play LOL..

Victim of its own popularity, isnt it ;)

Or the servers jsut cant hold enough people.. but yes its the best part of the game.

Also as an exploration game it kinda suck as everything is put on the map for you to clearly see.. so it makes it pointless and basically just another grind to open every bit of the zone to get extra loot..

Basically not true at all

Yes it is check your map, all the points are clearly marked.. there are a few jump games or whatever that are not shown but thats it. Thats not exploring thats going from point to point.

better games out there for what i want at the end of the day..

Hehe, good luck with that. And if you find it. Please write us. We would surely like to play them as well !

Already have was lucky enough to get closed beta access to Planetside 2 :) its exactly what i was looking for good pvp :) I can say this now as they ahve lifted the NDA..

Im sure some people enjoy the PVE for some reason but each to their own..

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by GrumpyJester
    • Teleports all over the map, tripping over the same events, no seamless world; it's all incredibly gamey. About as much immersion as sitting in Orgrimmar to wait for instance pops.
    You do realize, you CAN walk, right?  I mean, if you want to trudge from Lion's Arch to the Black Citadel, you certainly can.  A couple of hours of spent trudging from A to B should give you that old-timey EQ1 feeling any time.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

boring boring boring PVE quests and also most of the so called dynamic events are also boring... plus the WvWvW servers cant hold enough people so this ends up with massive qs and as thats the only reason i want to play the game i dont play LOL..

Also as an exploration game it kinda suck as everything is put on the map for you to clearly see.. so it makes it pointless and basically just another grind to open every bit of the zone to get extra loot..

The part in red always amuses me. CHANGE SERVERS TO ONE THAT ISNT FULL. Problem fixed. Common sense FTW.

As for the xploration stuff.... I can grab a map of my state, or the US and easily see the locations and routes to any city I want. Doe sthat mean there snothing to check out and enjoy along the way? BTW if youre going to the points just to unlock them, and not actually paying attention to things along the way, enjoying the scenery, checking out what NPCs have to say, etc.... youre kind of missing the whole point of "exploring" and its clearly not what you want anyway.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

boring boring boring PVE quests and also most of the so called dynamic events are also boring...

I find footbal boring. Some 100 millions of other people dont.

I also find football boring lol. More of a rugby man myself.

plus the WvWvW servers cant hold enough people so this ends up with massive qs and as thats the only reason i want to play the game i dont play LOL..

Victim of its own popularity, isnt it ;)

Or the servers jsut cant hold enough people.. but yes its the best part of the game.

Basically not true at all

Yes it is check your map, all the points are clearly marked.. there are a few jump games or whatever that are not shown but thats it. Thats not exploring thats going from point to point.

Again. I beg to differ. Just hang on around the points or start walking around, you will see what i mean.

Hehe, good luck with that. And if you find it. Please write us. We would surely like to play them as well !

Already have was lucky enough to get closed beta access to Planetside 2 :) its exactly what i was looking for good pvp :) I can say this now as they ahve lifted the NDA..

You lucky dog ;)

Originally posted by kaiser3282

The part in red always amuses me. CHANGE SERVERS TO ONE THAT ISNT FULL. Problem fixed. Common sense FTW.

Chuckle.  Note: there is NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE.  (Speaking to WoW players who may be used to hearing the "KaChing" every time they punch the cash register).  AND IT'S NEARLY INSTANT, TOO.

Damn I hate all-caps nonsense.  Please let's not do it any more.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    • Teleports all over the map, tripping over the same events, no seamless world; it's all incredibly gamey. About as much immersion as sitting in Orgrimmar to wait for instance pops.
    You do realize, you CAN walk, right?  I mean, if you want to trudge from Lion's Arch to the Black Citadel, you certainly can.  A couple of hours of spent trudging from A to B should give you that old-timey EQ1 feeling any time.

C'mon now, I expect better from you, sort of like telling people they enjoy perma death game play that they are free to delete their characters whenever they die, you know it doesn't work that way.

The game play mechanics/rulesets have to be evenly enforced on every player for it to make any sense at all, and travel times are instrumental to creating immersion in a virtual world style MMOs.

But GW2 isn't one of those is it?  More of an extension of the game environment created by the first title when you think about it.

Which is fine since their goal was to create a fun game, just not so great if someone was hoping for a more virtual world experience. (they are in the wrong title in that case)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

boring boring boring PVE quests and also most of the so called dynamic events are also boring... plus the WvWvW servers cant hold enough people so this ends up with massive qs and as thats the only reason i want to play the game i dont play LOL..

As for the xploration stuff.... I can grab a map of my state, or the US and easily see the locations and routes to any city I want. Doe sthat mean there snothing to check out and enjoy along the way? BTW if youre going to the points just to unlock them, and not actually paying attention to things along the way, enjoying the scenery, checking out what NPCs have to say, etc.... youre kind of missing the whole point of "exploring" and its clearly not what you want anyway.

Maybe, just maybe a person's guild/friends all play on a particular server so this might not be a viable option.

Overlooking the obvious FTL.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585
    Still haven't seen a valid argument on why gw2 sux. Most are personal dislike. I was quite disapointed with the cash shop before launch but for now it seem acceptable for me. I was afraid it might get p2win and affect the WvW but as thing stand with the WvW reseting each day, it's kinda ok.
    Originally posted by zevni78

This is how I see the issue, judging from the amazing week I have had so far, GW2 is the best fantasy thempark mmorpg ever made, however the problem I think for many is the thempark part. If you don’t like GW2, for substantial reasons, and not because you are a WoW fanboi, or psychotically bitter over SWTOR, then I think sandparks are what you really want, which is fare enough. I always put them on a higher level than themeparks, in terms of potential as virtual worlds, but I think you could make a very good case that all things considered GW2 is as good a themepark as we will get for the foreseeable future. Like the OP I'd be happy to debate that with anyone here, if I wheren't so busy playing GW2.

Well said, GW2 might be the epitomie of the current evolutionary line of modern theme park MMO's begun back by WOW (OK, EQ 1 for you purists) but it also represents the road not taken.

There are so many other design choices discarded with this model along the years, yes, I know, because they weren't "popular" with the largest subset of gamers, so if you like this sort of design, you're in heaven I'm sure.

For the rest of us, not so much.

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Icewhite

C'mon now, I expect better from you, sort of like telling people they enjoy perma death game play that they are free to delete their characters whenever they die, you know it doesn't work that way.

Chuckle, I know that 'hardc0re' idiots, the ones that consider transit time=difficulty, are probably silly enough to consider jogging everywhere, whether its required or not.

Sandbox fans, on the other hand, want to 'see the world'...exploring and wandering are still present, if/when you want them to be.  I've actually been doing little else over the last week or so :)

Originally posted by channel84
    Still haven't seen a valid argument on why gw2 sux. Most are personal dislike. I was quite disapointed with the cash shop before launch but for now it seem acceptable for me. I was afraid it might get p2win and affect the WvW but as thing stand with the WvW reseting each day, it's kinda ok.

Well, the limits placed on the WvW in terms of queues could be argued as "sucking", but then again, not many titles have ever dealt well with larger numbers so they can be forgiven for this flaw I suppose.

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151
    Love the game! Hate how forums, Trade post, mail and Guild features are often unavailable.. Drives me insane! Some of the most important features of a MMO is non-functional.. (Pretty much all features are considered 'most important' though)
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Maybe, just maybe a person's guild/friends all play on a particular server so this might not be a viable option.

Well now, i suppose they couldnt possibly transfer too... oh wait.

I keep seeing people complain about the queues. If theyre such a huge problem and something thats ruining the game for so many people, I would think they would be happy to move to a server that doesnt have the queues.

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by channel84

The daily reseting is only Temp isn't it ?

Andit's to soon to comment on the cash shop .. it's only been a week so we will have to see what the future holds in terms of what they do end up selling.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well now, i suppose they couldnt possibly transfer too... oh wait.

I keep seeing people complain about the queues. If theyre such a huge problem and something thats ruining the game for so many people, I would think they would be happy to move to a server that doesnt have the queues.

Get all of them to transfer with al lthe issues there have been in GW2 and transfers ? err how about no..

The server was not full when we started btw

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

I am at work and very bored since i can not play GW2. And this is making me very angry image

And so does shere stupidity oozing from many hater posts here.

So lets do it ...

What do you hate GW2 so much ?

Bring it on !

So, haters are filled with stupidity, huh?

Ok, dude, whatever. I don't hate the game at all. Have my gripes, don't think it's that great, but still liked it in beta.

But this is really funny. We all make dumb comments at some point. There are troll and hater posts that make me facepalm.

On the other hand, there are fanboy posts that make me do the same, like when someone tries to call out haters by saying they "ooze stupidtiy" before anyone gets a chance to comment.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by Terminus-Est
    Originally posted by Loke666
    I am not a hater as such, but I am very disappointed. I have a problem where my right mouse button can't be used consistently for turning, and I am finding it impossible to enjoy this game. They have no forums, so no technical forums to ask for help, and no support to speak of. Seems pretty pathetic to me.

Change the camera setting in options, that should do it.

Don't you think i might have tried that? Jeez... some people...

And here I thought I was the only one having a similar issue.   Now for the thread, I haven't read every post, but the individual stories are total crap.  At least in SWTOR you get choices that earn you light/dark points.  It at least gives the impression that choices matter.  Here you get a few choices at character creation and...  No more that I've seen.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Latronus
    I am not a hater as such, but I am very disappointed. I have a problem where my right mouse button can't be used consistently for turning, and I am finding it impossible to enjoy this game. They have no forums, so no technical forums to ask for help, and no support to speak of. Seems pretty pathetic to me.

And here I thought I was the only one having a similar issue.   Now for the thread, I haven't read every post, but the individual stories are total crap.  At least in SWTOR you get choices that earn you light/dark points.  It at least gives the impression that choices matter.  Here you get a few choices at character creation and...  No more that I've seen.

Again. Not true.

If you bothered to actually play the game. You will see that your actions and conversation heavily influence Charm/Honor/Ferocity alignments.

So please stop spreading misinformation

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191

You make choices during your personal story as well, they matter and story takes different routes based on them. Haven't played SWTOR but as story was it's main selling point I'd imagine they did it better. Not that it's bad in GW2.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Or maybe you got bored with game and have nothing better to do :)
  • GODGANONDORFGODGANONDORF Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by bubaluba

Jus imagine if he got bored with this marvelous game, he maybe took to trash can all the others?

DARK AND LIGHT I GOVERN BOTH

Originally posted by bubaluba

Which game are you too bored to be playing?

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by DarkPony

Hi gusy.

Not hatin', just realizing it's just another themepark with dedicated rides in dedicated places, as shallow as any other game that came from the same mold and in general staying as far away from it as possible because I am more and more convinced that most mmorpgs that are intended for a very large audience are simply not for me (anymore). Hence my absence in the past months. edit: and my terribly outdated sig :P

Ah finally you have reached this stage, most of us MMO veterans are in this stage. And by veterans I mean us who have been around since UO, or maybe EQ 1, launch.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by vee41

You make choices during your personal story as well, they matter and story takes different routes based on them. Haven't played SWTOR but as story was it's main selling point I'd imagine they did it better. Not that it's bad in GW2.

Actually I dont recall your choices in SW:TOR impacting your story. They only impacted your companion loyalty and your light/dark side, which in turn only affected what gear you could craft/buy. Bioware single player games did branch based on decisions but I never saw that in SW:TOR.

If GW 2 stories actually branch based on your choices, then that is an improvment.

This discussion has been closed.