Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am in mood for some forum PVP. GW2 haters bring it on!

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I am at work and very bored since i can not play GW2. And this is making me very angry image

And so does shere stupidity oozing from many hater posts here.

So lets do it ...

What do you hate GW2 so much ?

Bring it on !

Comments

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I was hoping one of the bashers would have seom e-courage. I guess they only talk crap when they think no one will say anything back to them.
  • vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191
    I hate it because it's stupid, mean, ugly, too easy, grindy, I keep dying, PvP sucks, too hard and cash shop makes it P2W. Your turn.
  • FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129
    I laughed so hard at the title of this thread that I would like to find you one day and give you a high five.
  • PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532
    It's the worst game EVAH!
  • Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352
    I am not a hater as such, but I am very disappointed. I have a problem where my right mouse button can't be used consistently for turning, and I am finding it impossible to enjoy this game. They have no forums, so no technical forums to ask for help, and no support to speak of. Seems pretty pathetic to me.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Terminus-Est
    I am not a hater as such, but I am very disappointed. I have a problem where my right mouse button can't be used consistently for turning, and I am finding it impossible to enjoy this game. They have no forums, so no technical forums to ask for help, and no support to speak of. Seems pretty pathetic to me.

Change the camera setting in options, that should do it.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Crafting is so bad in this game I can't even stop doing it!
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by vee41
    I hate it because it's stupid, mean, ugly, too easy, grindy, I keep dying, PvP sucks, too hard and cash shop makes it P2W. Your turn.

And the Troll of the Year reward goes to...

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Hi gusy.

Not hatin', just realizing it's just another themepark with dedicated rides in dedicated places, as shallow as any other game that came from the same mold and in general staying as far away from it as possible because I am more and more convinced that most mmorpgs that are intended for a very large audience are simply not for me (anymore). Hence my absence in the past months. edit: and my terribly outdated sig :P

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    My only problen with the game right now is the lack of guild vs guild pvp. Hopefuly it will be implemented in future patches.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by Terminus-Est

Change the camera setting in options, that should do it.

Don't you think i might have tried that? Jeez... some people...

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by DarkPony

Hi gusy.

Not hatin', just realizing it's just another themepark with dedicated rides in dedicated places, as shallow as any other game that came from the same mold and in general staying as far away from it as possible because I am more and more convinced that most mmorpgs that are intended for a very large audience are simply not for me (anymore). Hence my absence in the past months. edit: and my terribly outdated sig :P

I don't get this repulse people have enjoying content created by professionals/people dedicated to it.

When I go to a bookstore I want to buy something written, not a blank book for me to writte.

And the gameplay isn't shallow at all - your build and the way you and your team stack boons/conditions and use combo fields with the appropriate finishers have huge depth.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• GrumpyJesterGrumpyJester Member Posts: 96

I really don't like the game, but if you guys do more power to you. However, since you asked, here's my list:

• The storytelling is too 'cute' to inspire me, there's nothing morally complex going on and almost all the NPCs are clichés.
    • Teleports all over the map, tripping over the same events, no seamless world; it's all incredibly gamey. About as much immersion as sitting in Orgrimmar to wait for instance pops.
    • Karma hearts...MMOs never felt this grindy, especially since they usually involve boring chores like collecting apples.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

To the OP?

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by Krematory
    My only problen with the game right now is the lack of guild vs guild pvp. Hopefuly it will be implemented in future patches.

Same, that really annoys me considering it's title. Other than that i'm itching to log back in when i get home again on Thursday.

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191
    Originally posted by jinxxed0
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

To the OP?

Nay! I wanna win something!

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Hi gusy.Not hatin', just realizing it's just another themepark with dedicated rides in dedicated places, as shallow as any other game that came from the same mold and in general staying as far away from it as possible because I am more and more convinced that most mmorpgs that are intended for a very large audience are simply not for me (anymore). Hence my absence in the past months. edit: and my terribly outdated sig :P 
    yaay The Pony is alive and well! Was wondering what had happened to you.

I'll have to disagree on the 'just another themepark' comment though, different enough from most theme parks to make it a special snowflake IMHO :)

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Hi gusy.

You know , i think its a big problem and a reason we are seeing all these "hate" posts.

Many people (for some mysterious reason) thought GW2 will be sandbox game. All the "GW2 is the savior of MMO" posts and such. When in fact GW2 is just another (take) on themepark MMO.

Wrong expectations have led to dissapointment.

That being said. I think you are missing out.

For a themepark GW2 is very dynamic. Its pretty much "exploration" game - Much in vein of Skyrim. Things happen all around and you are sidetracked all the time. Its pretty much Themepark 2.0

And since its only 60$ pay and forget. I think its really fair ammount of value you get from the game.

As for sandbox

The news are not good. Archeage is sopposebly sandbox , but i fear is to "eastern" in game design philosophy.

So I am afraid its going to be a long wait. Better to play something in mean time ;)

Originally posted by GrumpyJester

I really don't like the game, but if you guys do more power to you. However, since you asked, here's my list:

• The storytelling is too 'cute' to inspire me, there's nothing morally complex going on and almost all the NPCs are clichés. Some are , others are not. I guess you would need to play more to find thougher moral choices.
    • Teleports all over the map, tripping over the same events, no seamless world; it's all incredibly gamey. About as much immersion as sitting in Orgrimmar to wait for instance pops. It is a game you know. if you dont like its game design , than its obviously not for you.
    • Karma hearts...MMOs never felt this grindy, especially since they usually involve boring chores like collecting apples. Another proof you didnt dig in deep. Karma hearts are just there for people to have starting point for dynamic events (and later are almost non existant) Its like starter point. You dont realy need to do them. just hang in the area.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Not hatin', just realizing it's just another themepark with dedicated rides in dedicated places, as shallow as any other game that came from the same mold and in general staying as far away from it as possible because I am more and more convinced that most mmorpgs that are intended for a very large audience are simply not for me (anymore).

You might want to try Minecraft. I hear they let you create your own rides wherever you want there.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124

Hi gusy.

Pony, I don't know if you are serious now or still soar. I'm more of a lurker than a poster (i read almost every topic but I only post now and then) and I noticed your excitement for SW:ToR (got you must hate the fact that everyone reminds you of that). I knew you would be a very very sad pony after if you would experience that game like I saw it from the start.

Now I'm having a blast, god damn best time ever, in GW2 and ... i really don't know what you are up too since you were most of the times a non believer about GW2 (atleast that what i seem to remember). I truely with you would enjoy it like I do, I have no idea why I care about it since I don't know you at all. Maybe we aren't the same, or aren't looking for the same. Yet again, I can't help but think of a sad depressed empty pony that has been beaten with a stick over and over again whenver I see you posting. Your words sound heavy, loaded and without hope. Makes me almost sad too.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

boring boring boring PVE quests and also most of the so called dynamic events are also boring... plus the WvWvW servers cant hold enough people so this ends up with massive qs and as thats the only reason i want to play the game i dont play LOL..

Also as an exploration game it kinda suck as everything is put on the map for you to clearly see.. so it makes it pointless and basically just another grind to open every bit of the zone to get extra loot..

better games out there for what i want at the end of the day..

Im sure some people enjoy the PVE for some reason but each to their own..

• pratikrath86pratikrath86 Member Posts: 79
    Originally posted by Kabaal
    Originally posted by Krematory

Same, that really annoys me considering it's title. Other than that i'm itching to log back in when i get home again on Thursday.

The name guild wars has nothing to do with Guild ( Clan ) battles. Guild Wars is a name derieved from the lore. Battle between Human settlements before the GW1 release (or the year prior to 1070 in tyria).. these human settlement wars in the lore were called 'Guild wars' as these settlements were called human guilds in the lore hence Guild wars. This event  was kinda significant to the lore as well.

Originally posted by Caldrin

boring boring boring PVE quests and also most of the so called dynamic events are also boring...

I find footbal boring. Some 100 millions of other people dont.

plus the WvWvW servers cant hold enough people so this ends up with massive qs and as thats the only reason i want to play the game i dont play LOL..

Victim of its own popularity, isnt it ;)

Also as an exploration game it kinda suck as everything is put on the map for you to clearly see.. so it makes it pointless and basically just another grind to open every bit of the zone to get extra loot..

Basically not true at all

better games out there for what i want at the end of the day..

Hehe, good luck with that. And if you find it. Please write us. We would surely like to play them as well !

Im sure some people enjoy the PVE for some reason but each to their own..

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

This is how I see the issue, judging from the amazing week I have had so far, GW2 is the best fantasy thempark mmorpg ever made, however the problem I think for many is the thempark part. If you don’t like GW2, for substantial reasons, and not because you are a WoW fanboi, or psychotically bitter over SWTOR, then I think sandparks are what you really want, which is fare enough. I always put them on a higher level than themeparks, in terms of potential as virtual worlds, but I think you could make a very good case that all things considered GW2 is as good a themepark as we will get for the foreseeable future. Like the OP I'd be happy to debate that with anyone here, if I wheren't so busy playing GW2.

This discussion has been closed.