Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Least common race/profession/gender combo?

ZikariZikari Member Posts: 78

Since there is no Census available and of now I am interessted on how to fill my last character slot there is a simple question. What race/profession/gender combo is most uncommon.  I can only base that on personal observation, so maybe players who are a bit farther ahead can comment on what they almost never encouter. I feel Norn are by far the rarest race, I almost never encounter them in the Charr or Human 1-25 areas and rarely in WvWvW.

Very common (you see tons of them):

- Charr Ranger and Engineer Male

- Asura Elementalist Female

Very uncommon (almost never around):

- Female Norn (all professions)

- Charr Mesmer

Trends (kind of what you would expect races to use as profession)

- Human: evenly all professions

- Asura: Thief and Elementalist

- Norn: ?

- Sylvari: Necromancer, Elementalist, Mesmer

- Charr: Ranger, Warrior

Comments

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I see quite a few Charr Mesmers on my server..

not many sylvari necro's though

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

lots of norn warriors and guardians..

least overall probably  female charr necro.. haven't seen one yet:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    I'm thinking Female Charr Mesmer or Necro
  • WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    When I took my warrior to catland I didnt see any female char mesmer or necros (I rarely saw female chars really). When I went to iceland I didnt see any Norn Female Nerco's, When I went to Grassland I didn't see any Femal Engineers or Male Guardians, and In the Human place I saw everything a lot and just like in the place where I live Femals outnumbered males by lots.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Norn are all over the place on Jade Quarry. Charr are the rarest race by far. Mesmer anything is the rarest though. Its almost a dead class it seems.

Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Norn are all over the place on Jade Quarry. Charr are the rarest race by far. Mesmer anything is the rarest though. Its almost a dead class it seems.

problem I have with charr is playing feels slow because of their size.. but even my Norn feels faster animation wise(not running but just overall combat animations) than the charr.. i dunno if it's just me but I'm sure this turns some people off to them

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ZikariZikari Member Posts: 78
    Maybe another reason why big characters are less popular is, people think they are easier to kill in PvP. A small Asura might hide n a bush while casting or even hide in the crowd, a Charr will always stand out and be a direct target if an ability requires an selected one.
    Originally posted by Zikari
    Maybe another reason why big characters are less popular is, people think they are easier to kill in PvP. A small Asura might hide n a bush while casting or even hide in the crowd, a Charr will always stand out and be a direct target if an ability requires an selected one.

this is true and has been for all pvp games pretty much.. probably a combo of this and the slower "feeling" movements

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

problem I have with charr is playing feels slow because of their size.. but even my Norn feels faster animation wise(not running but just overall combat animations) than the charr.. i dunno if it's just me but I'm sure this turns some people off to them

I have to agree, their running feels very slow. I think a lot of that is because its on four legs so it should be really fast but its even slower looking due to their size. My Charr Elementalist is the smallest size so its a little better looking.

There are no racial passives right? Only the active skills, so there is no benefit playing huge bulky Norn Warrior over a tiny Asura one, only downsides in regards of hitbox, subjective movement speed and stealth options. To be honest that is the reson I choose my guardian to be a human female, she is much less obvious on the battlefield than a huge Charr.

There should be some logigal racials that fit the lore and make the larger races a bit more attractive without screwing balance, something like. (I am aware that I am going a bit in WoW territory here, but giving the Tauren a general 5% hitpoint racial was a logical and reasonable thing to to to make them an attractive choise).

Charr: 5% higher hitpoints

Norn: 3% higher armor

Sylvari: 5% less damge from magic

Asura: 3% higher dodge chance

Human: 5% less damage from projectiles

Something like this, anything that makes up for the risks of being big and bulky in PvP...

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I have a Female Norn Mesmer.  Not sure I'll keep her tho. The voice over is... :-(
  • DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    Ill just toss out Sylvari Engineers.... rare breed indeed.
  • HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Im on Jade Q also. I see a decent anount of Norns, Asurans and of course Humans. Charr do tend to be heavy on the engineer and ranger professions. Although I think mesmer comes in third for Charr.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    wow the OP missed Norn Male Warrior as being popular.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

All my characters are Norn.

Why?

Because I'm from Denmark!

Norn Warrior, Norn Thief, Norn Engineer, Norn everything

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    I'm loving every second of ny dyed pink charr mesmer

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

Female Charr Guardian.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Main: female Asura necromancer (we also have a male Asura necro in guild ;)

Alt: male Charr ranger (level 3 or so). Not sure if I'll keep him though...

Surprise, there is a census website, however, this is a very small dataset but still interessting:

http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=total&divide=charrace

http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=total&divide=charprofession

Professions are evenly distributed, races not so much. By this data Female Charr Mesmer is by far the most uncommon combination, while Human Male Mesmer is the most common.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Weretigar
    When I took my warrior to catland I didnt see any female char mesmer or necros (I rarely saw female chars really). When I went to iceland I didnt see any Norn Female Nerco's, When I went to Grassland I didn't see any Femal Engineers or Male Guardians, and In the Human place I saw everything a lot and just like in the place where I live Femals outnumbered males by lots.

I have a female charr (warrior) and it looks just like a male.  I'd have to be standing right next to one, to notice the slightly smaller build. 

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    Originally posted by Vhaln
    Originally posted by Weretigar

I have a female charr (warrior) and it looks just like a male.  I'd have to be standing right next to one, to notice the slightly smaller build. 

It's easy to tell between male and female Charr. Male Charr have a lion's tail, female have the more feathered out tails =) But female charr mesmer is probably the rarest, I have not seen a single one yet. 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    many people only play the elementalist at lower levels untill they find out its really underpowered right now.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)