Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Server Merges Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment has announced that TERA servers will be merging on September 18, 2012. This is in order to facilitate a better player experience according to the article posted on the official site.

Where some might look on this as a negative, I feel differently. By combining our servers, we facilitate a more unified community and give players a more full, alive world where finding groups, locating rare items (for lower prices!), and getting into dungeons quickly are the norm. Most importantly, combined servers will allow us to run more regular, player-focused events where we get to interact with our players. You can find a link to our detailed FAQ regarding this process at the bottom of this letter. It will be updated further as we get more information.

The article also discusses upcoming events and content additions in brief detail.

Read the full post on the TERA site and check out the server merge FAQ.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689
    Oo, not a shock.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    if i remember correctly the game has many channels to switch to. They should merge all servers into 1 huge server or maybe 2, no more than that. Channels should be enough to control overpopulation(after merging) in my opinion.

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    if i remember correctly the game has many channels to switch to. They should merge all servers into 1 huge server or maybe 2, no more than that. Channels should be enough to control overpopulation(after merging) in my opinion.

That's pretty much what they are doing.

1 PvE

1 PvP

1 Rp

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85
    GW2 effecting Tera? I wonder if soon we will see server merge on other mmo cause of GW2.
  • mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

is it now users here at mmorpg.com will scream: fail.omgz *random mmo* pwns! 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • pois0nedpois0ned Member UncommonPosts: 10

Oh yes! ... "This is in order to facilitate a better player experience" Suuuuuuuureee!

Tera is diying, next move will be

"This is in order to facilitate to all players play whitout month fee"

Tera Free to play is comming soon

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Adelbern
    GW2 effecting Tera? I wonder if soon we will see server merge on other mmo cause of GW2.

I can't wait till after two or three months ago, someone will post:

"_____ effecting GW2?"

Seriously enough with pointless hype for that game. You people like GW2, we get it now please stop giving a bad name to an entire fanbase of GW2 by pushing offtopic comments about GW into news articles and threads that have NOTHING to do with GW2.

Tera is dying because its fundamentally flawed, bad game, which tries to hide trite mmo grid behind decently implemented "action combat"(that in itself hides the point-and-click style of play). Its not a horrible game, its just that about every other game of that style that came out last year over-shadows it. GW has nothing to do with it. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• hopenottakenhopenottaken Member Posts: 38

You're wrong.

Server capacity was increased by a 1000%, there was no need of that much servers. Korean tech is better anyway, they managed to fit the population of 37 servers into 4.

Originally posted by pois0ned

Oh yes! ... "This is in order to facilitate a better player experience" Suuuuuuuureee! Tera is diying, next move will be "This is in order to facilitate to all players play whitout month fee" Tera Free to play is comming soon

I will defenetly play if tera goes free to play, even tho I dont like tera in general the combat is the best of any mmo to date.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Why don't they admit it is a f2p game and stop wasting time on merging servers and set the game up as a f2p game.
  • Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689

Lol, please, Tera was dying long before GW2 was out.

Originally posted by Deto123

Lol, please, Tera was dying long before GW2 was out.

Since I have Tera CE since day one I remember very well atm I bought it GW2 prepurches and beta weekend news came out at same time. People here were saying ncsoft did that cause of the grudge they had with bluehole studio and the whole L3 steal that they even sued bluehole studio.
  • hopenottakenhopenottaken Member Posts: 38
    I wonder who will hire Brian Knox after this debacle.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Why don't they admit it is a f2p game and stop wasting time on merging servers and set the game up as a f2p game.

It really needs to go ftp. I think if it would have launched as a ftp it would be alot for succesful.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Personally I don't mind the merge, the only thing is that the nexus may become even more unplayable, on VoT during Nexus you can have up to 1000-1500 players firing off skills at boss monsters in a small area causing latency and ping issues across the entire server.

Now i'm not worried about BC or FV because they are underpopulated servers but JC still has quite a healthy population and you add those three servers to the mix and we may have 2000+ people in one area attacking a boss lol.

Otherwise i'm glad, my name is uncommon so I will keep it and I have friends on JC that I shall be re-united with.

If I was to throw out an idea, I feel that EME is following Korea, as you see they have reduced to three servers, I believe that after they do this they will announce the F2P server and they will be just like Korea.

3 P2P servers and 1 F2P server.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

It really needs to go ftp. I think if it would have launched as a ftp it would be alot for succesful.

The cash shop is ready and waiting for the F2P conversion. All they have to do is milk as much money as they can from the subscribers and then flip the F2P switch. Just like TSW is doing.

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

It was dieing before GW2 came along. So no GW2 isn't the reason TERA is failing. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426
    But but but...it has DODGE so why dont more people play?
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Tera needs to have a ffa pvp server with no safezones tbh, if they merged servers, had one pve, one pvp, then the ffa pvp no safezone server, they'd hit every target.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I played TERA and tried to make myself like the races because the world and combat were great but I just couldn't in the end. I can see Frogster having to merge the EU servers also as last time I logged in the game was pretty quiet. 
  • omidusomidus Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by afhn2110
    Tera needs to have a ffa pvp server with no safezones tbh, if they merged servers, had one pve, one pvp, then the ffa pvp no safezone server, they'd hit every target.

Please explain how FFA pvp would solve their issue? I mean wow had ffa pvp on pvp servers, with BGs out do you think large masses would actually go for it? I mean not even considering the fact that there is GvG. Gaming has evolved, people don't go for FFA pvp when there's no purpose to it. Everyone wants instant gratification, FFA is not going do it.

I'd love to hear your explanation and please don't say it brings masses out.

Knoxx jumped ship to the wrong game, TERA never had a chance with their korean mechanics being at the core of the game. They use outdated game mechanics that seemed to be state of the art years ago, after wow? not so much. For one there are countless complains about Nexus itself, endless gear grind that results in fail enchant... the list goes on. The game had no raid, no BG for over a year. It was like vanilla wow but worse in everyway.

Korean never learn, they want their game to succeed in the west, they need to take alot of clues from wow.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Release as f2p in the rest of Asia man ....

RIP Orc Choppa

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    Just like in other real life news, the negative articles seem to be the only ones that get paid attention to..
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    when are they going to cut to the chase and just make it f2p??
  • ArcheAgeFanArcheAgeFan Member Posts: 46
    I was not surprised gw2 took down tera I saw that coming a month ago