Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

I tried my best...

1246

Comments

  • rodingorodingo Posts: 2,346Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by lifeordinary
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by lifeordinary
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Originally posted by lifeordinary
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by ShimpoGenmu
    Originally posted by Mannish
    [mod edit]

    So what exactly are we to look for in 3 months or less?  Number of boxes sold?  Sub numbers? (lol)   The amount of negative posts here on MMORPG.com?   What is this metric that is going to tell us that GW2 failed?  

     

    The same metric as other mmos. They will merge servers, people will compain about population and then even at $19.99 most wont even touch it.

    Ok, so that is how you are going to judge GW2 then.  And if none of that happens, you will consider it a success then or will your metric change?  Just curious.

    "If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

  • RecoreRecore Posts: 5,095Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by lifeordinary
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by lifeordinary
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Originally posted by lifeordinary
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by ShimpoGenmu
    Originally posted by Mannish
    [mod edit]

    So what exactly are we to look for in 3 months or less?  Number of boxes sold?  Sub numbers? (lol)   The amount of negative posts here on MMORPG.com?   What is this metric that is going to tell us that GW2 failed?  

     

    The same metric as other mmos. They will merge servers, people will compain about population and then even at $19.99 most wont even touch it.

    Ok, so that is how you are going to judge GW2 then.  And if none of that happens, you will consider it a success then or will your metric change?  Just curious.

     

    Its not about GW2. That is how we judge all mmos and gw2 is no different. Its just another mmo.

    Raptr Gamercard
  • lifeordinarylifeordinary AgadirPosts: 646Member
    Originally posted by teakbois
    Originally posted by Mannish

    What success is Guild Wars 2 having? Game is not even out a week yet. See me in 3 months then lets talk about success because then we will have our very first free to play mmo that failed. LMAO 

     

    I wonder if people actually believe it when they write stuff like this.  I can understand if you hate the game, but to actually think it is going to fail?  Just shows how out of touch with reality you are.

     

    I will bet you that the first GW2 expansion has 500k+ preorders.  

    I won't even say he is being obtuse on purpose. I just believe something is not right with this guy in his head. I mean like i said earlier ANET has to do something really special to kill GW2 in less than 3 months...something really really special.

    Maybe Mannish knows something we don't?

    But now after reading his sale pitch and desperate attempts to advertise FFXIV Reborn on basis of alpha footage i would say he is just upset because FFxiv Reborn will never get even a fraction of GW2 sales and player numbers. This is simple case of 'grapes are sour".

  • RecoreRecore Posts: 5,095Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by lifeordinary
    Originally posted by teakbois
    Originally posted by Mannish

    What success is Guild Wars 2 having? Game is not even out a week yet. See me in 3 months then lets talk about success because then we will have our very first free to play mmo that failed. LMAO 

     

    I wonder if people actually believe it when they write stuff like this.  I can understand if you hate the game, but to actually think it is going to fail?  Just shows how out of touch with reality you are.

     

    I will bet you that the first GW2 expansion has 500k+ preorders.  

    I won't even say he is being obtuse on purpose. I just believe something is not right with this guy in his head. I mean like i said earlier ANET has to do something really special to kill GW2 in less than 3 months...something really really special.

    Maybe Mannish knows something we don't?

    But now after reading his sale pitch and desperate attempts to advertise FFXIV Reborn on basis of alpha footage i would say he is just upset because FFxiv Reborn will never get even a fraction of GW2 sales and player numbers. This is simple case of 'grapes are sour".

     

     

    And as I said, we will see.image

    Raptr Gamercard
  • Requiem1066Requiem1066 londonPosts: 274Member
    How about we be nice and stop quoting the whole god damn thread in our replies ? :)

    image

  • DfixDfix Clark MIlls, NYPosts: 242Member
    Originally posted by Mannish
    [mod edit]

    400k+ users on at any given time dissagree with you.

    You seem to be leaving out the very game you're telling people to look out for. I was there, it was shit, unplayable at best, it will be marginally better than shit in rerelease. 

     

    Guild Wars 2 had a rough start and people are crying about it like the game will die because of it. Incase you had not noticed they had to stop selling the game just to quell the wave of people coming to play. Not because they don't want people to know it's broken like some have claimed on these forums, but to prevent a total server meltdown from the influx of players flocking to play it. 

     

    I feel sorry for anyone who uses posts on this site for a guage on if a game is good or not. You only see negative threads because the people who like the game are actually playing it. Not making redundant posts about how bad it is over and over again.

    Vivik-Cerberus
    image
  • KonfessKonfess Dallas, TXPosts: 949Member Uncommon
    I applaud the OP of this thread. Well done.

    Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.

  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Norcal, CAPosts: 612Member
    Originally posted by Mannish
    You are not alone in how you feel. Better mmos are comming my friend.

    I doubt it or all the sueth sayers have been wrong for a long time now. Where is this Great MMO Hope?

  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Norcal, CAPosts: 612Member
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by ShimpoGenmu
    Originally posted by Mannish
    You are not alone in how you feel. Better mmos are comming my friend.
    [mod edit]

     

    I am not showing you FF14. I am showing you FF14 A Realm Reborn.image

    Your banking on that, hmmm.

  • lifeordinarylifeordinary AgadirPosts: 646Member
    Originally posted by HorrorScope
    Originally posted by Mannish
    You are not alone in how you feel. Better mmos are comming my friend.

    I doubt it or all the sueth sayers have been wrong for a long time now. Where is this Great MMO Hope?

    According to him FFXIV reborn....

    *dont look at me like that....i am being serious*

  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Summerville, SCPosts: 412Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sr7olsniper
    Originally posted by DKLond

    I think I'm starting to burn out with the game. I'm 28th level now, and it's just really bland to me. I mean, it has a nice flow in terms of combat and movement - and it looks and sounds pretty good. I like that they're trying to reward exploration and crafting - but nothing seems to really matter in this game. 

    After level 30, you pretty much only have traits to look forward to. Gear is boring and doesn't give you that feeling of power progression. 

    WvW is removed in an instance and doesn't really mean anything (beyond a few percentages of bonus stuff) - and it resets every 2 weeks. sPvP is ok - but is exactly like all the other modern themeparks - except there's no meaningful reward. 

    I find the zones too similar and none of the 6-7 I've seen so far stand out like the beautful zones did in WoW back then. They don't have a strong atmosphere and the music is average with limited variety. 

    I don't know... The entire game just seems so mainstream/accessible that there's really no way to excel or stand out. 

    Even without a sub fee - I don't see this game lasting very long. 

    Oh well....

     

     Said it before and I'll say it again the "gear grind" needs to be in a game for it to have any major retention rate.  If everything you get absolutely cosmetic then your game is now officially a Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat; go check what is the retention rate of 1 of those this year. 

    Having better gear possibilities accomplishes 2 things, 1 it easily represents your character progression as you can readily tell that yur character is stronger than before, and 2, it gives the player something to look forward to so they log on more often. 

    People moan about the lack of skill in said games because they can't kill people with better gear in pvp. The  matter of fact is, howeve, is that these people are just lazy. In the competitive scene gear doesn't matter because people with the same rating have the same gear, but the difference is that they had to work to get to this level. They had to play the game and in return learned tthis classes inside out. If the whiners had taken the time to progress like everyone else, they would have only fought against people their same gear level and if their money is where their mouth is, they would have eventually gotten to the top. 

    Unfroutunately though, these people just can't accept that there are better players out there and in retur just blame it on the gear

    Well said sir.  My thoughts exactly.  I echoed this in my beta review of GW2 and was yelled and screamed at for no reason.  It seems like people are starting to realize just how mediocre (notice i didn't say bad) GW2 really is.


    Spiritsever - AR/Ele - The Secret World
    Ashmaker - Ranger < Prophets > - Age of Conan - #1 in Kills
    Sweety - Sorceress < Infinite Darkeness > - SWTOR - 2.6K PvP Rating
    ??? - Pilot - ??? - EVE
    Symir - Swordmaster - Warhammer - RR100
    Dreadnaught - Rogue - Rift
  • dzoni87dzoni87 BelgradePosts: 541Member
    Originally posted by DKLond

    I think I'm starting to burn out with the game. I'm 28th level now, and it's just really bland to me. 

    If you burned out till that point, you didnt even liked it at the first place... Oh well, no game is made for everyone.

    Thank you for supporting Arena.net anyway.

    Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

  • solarinesolarine IstanbulPosts: 1,203Member
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by solarine
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

    I have a guild of 60 people who are all having a blast.

    The game, like all games, is not for everybody, so be it. Time to move on then, get away from the game, from the forums, and do something else.

    I have no doubt what you say is true, and my experience with other players in the game is pretty similar. I see almost nothing but happy players.

    The thing is, I'd seen the same thing in SWTOR. The complaints came after a few weeks (or more like a month, in SWTOR's case). 

    So, the community by and large seems to be happy now, but we'll see if that lasts. I can't see the lasting (3+ months) appeal, but maybe that's because my interest in WvWvW keeps diminishing.

     

    Oh, and for the OP: Despite being all negative, it's the kind of negative that resonates with me. Most of those I also have a problem with. Though the good stuff still keeps me playing.

    Oh, I'm sure there's more than just the OP just so prisonners of the WoW gear carrot model that they won't be able to adapt to GW2. It still doesn't make it a bad game, it actually make it an even better game, because it proves it really managed to  break the damned mold WoW imposed on the genre 8 years ago. I've been playing Wow since day one in November 2004 (not counting beta before), and I invite you all to be my guest: go back to Pandaland, stop bitching about GW2 not being the next raid grind WOW clone you wanted, and have fun, if that eternally elusive carrot is really mandatory for you to play a MMORPG.

    People complain on this forums, posting doom and gloom stuff, and in the meantime, ANet is forced to add additional servers to keep up with the load, even though they were really reluctant about it.

    Right now, most players are way too busy playing the game to waste time countering the misinformation and other nonsense posted here - that's why I'm spending a little of my time doing it. All I see is a couple of posters, always the same, repeating the same negative and sadly often false stuff over and over. It seems like GW2 is indeed doomed... =P

     

    Well, if you're not going to put your heart and mind into it (the sensible forums warriorship), don't bother. Because in your hurry, you're missing two things.

    First: All these people are not prisoners of WOW gear carrot model. There are all sorts of MMO players. Including a lot of people who show obvious distaste of the WOW model. Even I can see that, spending way less time than you do in these forums. And second: you weren't exactly responding to "misinformation" here, were you? The OP was just communicating his feelings about the game. And they were quite valid. Now take a deep breath and try and explain how that can be misinformation.

    It seems your auto-immune system has spilled over from its crusade against the evil of misinformation here. Over into auto-dismissive mode. Gotta keep its cool, or it'll start to make you look bad.

  • VarossVaross Nortonville, KYPosts: 478Moderator Uncommon

    The topic at hand is Guild Wars 2.  Please keep the discussion to Guild Wars 2.

     

    We have a perfectly good forum for discussing Final Fantasy XIV on this site and you can discuss that game there.

  • caetftlcaetftl Los Angeles, CAPosts: 358Member

    The 400k concurrent was their peak, it is not consistently at 400k.  Also given the nature of 99.9% of mmos, they hit peak user base near release, and then die off quickly.  WoW and Eve being the 2 major exceptions. 

     

    I don't think gw2 is growing, I think if anything it is losing players.  I do not believe it will hit 400k concurrent again until maybe expansion, or if it releases in a new, very populated region. 

  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Ehrenfeld, PAPosts: 2,977Member

     

    @ OP

    Just remember, there is no sub image

    So far so good for me in this game and I don't feel like I wasted $60 dollarson this game neither, however I don't see me spending my money in the cash shop. The game itself has it's good points and bad points, but this game is far from being 'THE ONE' for me.

    I can see myself peeling away easily from this game after playing it for a week. BWE didn't sell me and even playing the game itself now as well, but I joined my friends from work to give it a shot. It's a good game, but not a great game for me.

    I can see myself hopping in and out of this title as years go by, but for now I am going to push through another 3 weeks in this game and see if I overlooked something or missed something along the way.

     

     

     

  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Norcal, CAPosts: 612Member
    Originally posted by caetftl

    I don't think gw2 is growing, I think if anything it is losing players.  I do not believe it will hit 400k concurrent again until maybe expansion, or if it releases in a new, very populated region. 

    FWIW we were given one # once from Anet (400K). All we know they have now blown by it. I'm not sure why someone would think it's dying already. For every person that says their leaving there are new games being sold, well unless they become sold out, which we are hearing now.

  • windwavewindwave syndeyPosts: 20Member Uncommon

    After playing the last beta and now playing my main, a warrior to lvl 22, I'm still undecided into what kind of game this is. Is it a good, an ok or a meh game? Guess I'll have to play more to find out.

     

    But this game gives me the strangest feeling - you know when you enjoying a game and suddenly you realise it's 3am in the morning? - this game is the opposite. I usually start playing at around 10:30  at night after I put my child to sleep. After doing a few hearts, 10 or so DEs, a few story quests, gather mats, crafts, explore POIs and vistas and caves, find some skill point, level 2-3 times, and I alt-tab to have a look at the clock and it's usually just past midnight. Maybe because of the teleport, sometimes when I'm on my way to heart/personal quests/POI, some DEs pop up so I join them, one DE lead to another and after finishing a few DEs I can just teleport close to where I was and continue doing what I was. Also I can teleport to crafting stations whenever I want and teleport back to doing I was as well. This is probably the best feature so far for me  who have little time to play each night. I can play the game and not wasting 30-50 mins each session on unneeded travelling alone.

     

    Usually doing that amount of content in other MMO I'd call it a day and go to bed (and usually at 2am or even later).  For the past few nights I was unsure on what I wanted to do after completing said amount of content, in the end I chose to go to bed early. I guess that's a good thing, because sometimes I nod off when I was on a mount trying to reach some point in other MMO. But then after a GW2 session it gives me a feeling that I've not played enough time-wise. Content-wise I'm enough but time-wise no, so this is the strangest feeling I have on a MMO (or even a game) for years.

  • caetftlcaetftl Los Angeles, CAPosts: 358Member
    Originally posted by HorrorScope
    Originally posted by caetftl

    I don't think gw2 is growing, I think if anything it is losing players.  I do not believe it will hit 400k concurrent again until maybe expansion, or if it releases in a new, very populated region. 

    FWIW we were given one # once from Anet (400K). All we know they have now blown by it. I'm not sure why someone would think it's dying already. For every person that says their leaving there are new games being sold, well unless they become sold out, which we are hearing now.

    Do you think the concurrent players have gone up since they froze digital sales and have been plagged with heat from their banwaves and bugs? 

     

    I understand you want to assume the best, but if anet was shattering records they would be announcing it, as they have before, because it makes for good buzz.  400k concurrent is the only thing they've had.  Their launch is very similar to rift. 

  • Ender4Ender4 milwaukee, WIPosts: 2,253Member

    Fair enough complaints OP, the game certainly isn't perfect and if the gameplay doesn't grab ahold of you there isn't a big reason to keep playing. Still the best MMO to come out in a really long time so if you don't like this one I wouldn't expect anything that comes out soon to be worth playing since it is almost all garbage coming in the next 2 years.

    I will disagree with others, I think GW2 is growing unlike most new releases. Mostly because it is free to play so people will give it a bit longer of a leash since they don't have to start paying 30 days after release like in most games. The fact it isn't a monthly sub game means the rankings of players online will never mean the same as subscription MMOs though.

  • chryseschryses LondonPosts: 1,453Member Uncommon

    Putting it into perspective the game has been out for 2 weeks.  Its probably the most completed game at launch I have ever seen.  I am excited to see what they can develop over the next 6-12 months.  I don't think they will need to spend a lot of resource in fixing major bugs like other new launches.

    What I would like to see added to give it that bit of spark. Is ultra rare crafting nodes to make ultra rare items.  Bit like Vanguard crafting.  In 6 months I remember only finding 2 very very rare nodes and I made two bows which I sold for tons of cash. 

    Same with EVE that has the lottery on Tech 2 items etc.  Having the possibility of finding something so rare is a great way to give the game depth.

    Personally I think the game is freaking awesome but my RL is mental so its perfect for that 30-90 min MMO burst.

     

  • lifeordinarylifeordinary AgadirPosts: 646Member
    Originally posted by caetftl

    The 400k concurrent was their peak, it is not consistently at 400k.  Also given the nature of 99.9% of mmos, they hit peak user base near release, and then die off quickly.  WoW and Eve being the 2 major exceptions. 

     

    I don't think gw2 is growing, I think if anything it is losing players.  I do not believe it will hit 400k concurrent again until maybe expansion, or if it releases in a new, very populated region. 

    Everybody is a bloody sage on these forums. Feel like sharing with us your sources?

    Read the latest game status released by Anet. They increased the server capacity today to accomodate increasing number of new arrivals. So there goes your theory of 'GW2 losing players'.

    *grins*

  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common

    the 400k concurrent peak was before launch day  - that happened during headstart

    http://techland.time.com/2012/08/28/guild-wars-2-sales-one-million-pre-served-record-400000-playing-at-once/

     

    ANET should be announcing launch day information this week

  • JackdogJackdog Charleston, SCPosts: 6,344Member
    This game is not for the raid hampster fan group for sure. Anyone who enjoys spending hopurs uopn hours raiding for a chance to get a piece of gear that will  be outdated next big patch will be disapointed. For me there is no "meaningful" gear, it is just all a buch of ones and zeros stored on a derver somewhere ::::shrug::::: I get my entertainment from the exploration and comaraderie, not for some imaginary EPenis gear. More power to those that base their lifes worth on those things though, just not me

    I miss DAoC

  • LydonLydon Cape TownPosts: 2,913Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sr7olsniper
    Said it before and I'll say it again the "gear grind" needs to be in a game for it to have any major retention rate.  If everything you get absolutely cosmetic then your game is now officially a Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat; go check what is the retention rate of 1 of those this year. 

    Having better gear possibilities accomplishes 2 things, 1 it easily represents your character progression as you can readily tell that yur character is stronger than before, and 2, it gives the player something to look forward to so they log on more often. 

    People moan about the lack of skill in said games because they can't kill people with better gear in pvp. The  matter of fact is, howeve, is that these people are just lazy. In the competitive scene gear doesn't matter because people with the same rating have the same gear, but the difference is that they had to work to get to this level. They had to play the game and in return learned tthis classes inside out. If the whiners had taken the time to progress like everyone else, they would have only fought against people their same gear level and if their money is where their mouth is, they would have eventually gotten to the top. 

    Unfroutunately though, these people just can't accept that there are better players out there and in retur just blame it on the gear

    QAR (Quoted As Rubbish) because Guild Wars 1 has NO gear grind and up until Guild Wars 2 retained more players than most MMO's manage to within a year of relrea

    image
Sign In or Register to comment.