Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

LF MMORPG that isn't GW2 or WoW

WildCard2180WildCard2180 Cinnaminson, NJPosts: 4Member

I don't like the style of GW2, the outdatedness or now cartoonish style of WoW,  and I prefer free to play games nowadays even if they are pay to win.

Thing is though that I need an MMORPG that's populated. Otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose and makes me feel like all my effort and time (which you need ot put a lot into an MMORPG) that I put into it is all for naught if it's just gonna die soon anyhow. WoW was already king of the castle though for reasons I still can't fathom and now the hype-fest that is GW2 is out and people are flocking to that which is typical for any new MMORPG really. Between the two it feels like there's no MMORPGs left with major populations besides those two. So I'm really having trouble finding some. Especially since most companies and sites hide their population numbers.

See my problem? Anyone that doesn't want those two titles is kind of stuck up the river without a paddle. I play Rift, but I got to the end-game and got bored of it since I had difficulty finding groups for consistent dungeon runs. So I'm waiting for the expansion for that. Checked out Perfect World International and I hear the population is dying. Checked out Runes of Magic, ditto. Checked out Tera, ditto. Checked out Allods, ditto sort of. Checked out Aion, ditto and I don't like it really.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• YakkinYakkin irvine, CAPosts: 919Member
    Originally posted by WildCard2180

I don't like the style of GW2, the outdatedness or now cartoonish style of WoW,  and I prefer free to play games nowadays even if they are pay to win.

Thing is though that I need an MMORPG that's populated. Otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose and makes me feel like all my effort and time (which you need ot put a lot into an MMORPG) that I put into it is all for naught if it's just gonna die soon anyhow. WoW was already king of the castle though for reasons I still can't fathom and now the hype-fest that is GW2 is out and people are flocking to that which is typical for any new MMORPG really. Between the two it feels like there's no MMORPGs left with major populations besides those two. So I'm really having trouble finding some. Especially since most companies and sites hide their population numbers.

See my problem? Anyone that doesn't want those two titles is kind of stuck up the river without a paddle. I play Rift, but I got to the end-game and got bored of it since I had difficulty finding groups for consistent dungeon runs. So I'm waiting for the expansion for that. Checked out Perfect World International and I hear the population is dying. Checked out Runes of Magic, ditto. Checked out Tera, ditto. Checked out Allods, ditto sort of. Checked out Aion, ditto and I don't like it really.

Any suggestions?

Uh....

None.

With your specifications I can think of.

• rooster99rooster99 Anderson, SCPosts: 30Member Uncommon

i like everquest 2 its ftp

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Turbines dungeons and dragons online?
  • PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member
    Go play Vanguard.