Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's a Beautiful World

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

135 Hours over the course of beta and live,  played every class upto about levels 10-20 and just finally got my go to class:)

Honestly haven't had this much trouble norrowing it down to a class I like the best in any MMO I have ever played. But the Elementalist is the winner for me:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Nice picture.

Posted one of mine, but its not showing for some reason.

**Edit, got it working.

• CitalCital Member Posts: 18
    Tera's world is the prettiest I've came across so far :o
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Cital

graphics and aesthetics are very differn't and obviously very subjective.. TERA has the higher polygon count and is very good looking but imho GW2 has a MUCH better put together world. I actually want to explore the world of Tyria and is actually one of my favorite things in the game

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Tend to agree.  Between Tera and GW2, I much prefer the art direction in GW2.

One thing I am enjoying is taking in the visas, and not I'm refering to the XP ones.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Note: This was an explorable area meaning its not on the 'main track' of the storyline. You have to find it.

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Cital

graphics and aesthetics are very differn't and obviously very subjective.. TERA has the higher polygon count and is very good looking but imho GW2 has a MUCH better put together world. I actually want to explore the world of Tyria and is actually one of my favorite things in the game

I have to agree here - Tera is a beautiful world, but it's too clinical, almost too perfect.  The thing about GW2 is that while it isnt technically better than Tera, the artwork is what makes it stand out.  It's kind of hard to describe but its almost like everything you look at in GW2 tells a story, has a presence and a feeling of history. 

Tera Just feels too shiny and soul less - but it sure is pretty sometimes.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    GW2 is, to me, one of the most beautiful, if not the most beautiful and detailled MMORPG world ever created.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

I have to say, i love those pants. Seriously, i think the outfit looks great. Is that an Elementalist? Cool.

As far as GW2's world, yeah, i think it's greta too. Some areas in beta felt too generic, but some locations are great. Don't know what later zones look like, but some of the videos i saw look good too.

• ShimpoGenmuShimpoGenmu Member Posts: 66

135 Hours over the course of beta and live,  played every class upto about levels 10-20 and just finally got my go to class:)

Honestly haven't had this much trouble norrowing it down to a class I like the best in any MMO I have ever played. But the Elementalist is the winner for me:)

i love your character marry me xd

anw y elementalist are good and r a pain....during WvW..all that aoe meteor spams omg xd

Originally posted by ShimpoGenmu

i love your character marry me xd

anw y elementalist are good and r a pain....during WvW..all that aoe meteor spams omg xd

haha meteor swarm is very effective if people are clumping together.. i like to mix things up though playing more Air and sometimes earth is a lot of fun!  Then of course good old water support every now and then:) 

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Nice stuff.  Can someone walk me through step by step on how to save a screenie and then post it here?  I have an idea but it's very hazy.  Can't wait to show off my Mesmer.

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    It is a beautiful world.
    Originally posted by elocke
    Nice stuff.  Can someone walk me through step by step on how to save a screenie and then post it here?  I have an idea but it's very hazy.  Can't wait to show off my Mesmer.

in game hit shift+ctrl+h to hide the interface.. then hit the print screen key to take a SS... then goto your guild wars 2 folder and it saves screenshots right there in that folder. Sign up at a free image hosting site like photobucket.com upload to that website and it will give you a direct link for the image after you upload it

• Tawn47Tawn47 Member Posts: 512
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    GW2 is, to me, one of the most beautiful, if not the most beautiful and detailled MMORPG world ever created.

Agreed and not just aesthetically.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    It does look nice, but IMO AoC is still the best looking MMO. Before nut cases try to flame me, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So if you disagree thats fine and dandy.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Guild Wars 2 is the most stunning world i´ve experienced in a game.

Cities are impressive & you can see & feel how much love to detail has been put into the game.

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

Originally posted by elocke

in game hit shift+ctrl+h to hide the interface.. then hit the print screen key to take a SS... then goto your guild wars 2 folder and it saves screenshots right there in that folder. Sign up at a free image hosting site like photobucket.com upload to that website and it will give you a direct link for the image after you upload it

Ok, so...got the screeny saved and uploaded...but I tried to link it here and that's where I'm not sure what to do.  Never could get the whole forum image posting down, it always slips my mind for some reason.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I have to agree here. GW2 is probably the most scenic and beautiful MMO world I have seen. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Look for the hidden waterfall in the grove. It is my secret hide out, and incredibly beautiful. You have to swim through a tunnel on the lowest level, and you end up at a place with gold and butterflies EVERYWHERE!
  • jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    GW2 has the best graphics out of any existing MMO.

Wonder if I could just do this...

imageimage

I suppose that works as well.  Cool.  Not the best spot, but it's what I could come up with on the fly.  That face in the mountain in the back, yeah don't want to spoil to much, but think Wizard of Oz type event.  You'll see.  It was a fun event.  Timerline Falls is the zone.  One of my favorites.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by toddze
    It does look nice, but IMO AoC is still the best looking MMO. Before nut cases try to flame me, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So if you disagree thats fine and dandy.

Looks are one thing, but the world is what makes GW2 the best! It is huge, twisting, gorgeous, and I get lost in it constantly. Best game world made so far imho. 

edit: not flaming at all. I agree AoC has some of the best graphics! ;)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by KingJiggly
    Look for the hidden waterfall in the grove. It is my secret hide out, and incredibly beautiful. You have to swim through a tunnel on the lowest level, and you end up at a place with gold and butterflies EVERYWHERE!

found it!

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by KingJiggly

found it!

Glad to share it!