Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A short, hate-free summary by a current level 80.

124»

Comments

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Originally posted by elocke
    I thought you said this was a "hate-fee" summary?  Sure sounded like bitching to me.  Funny, I'm level 67 and haven't had these issues you are whining about except the obvious one of the Trading Post being down.  I never crash, I never find content I can't complete, I'm always able to PVP, make characters and so forth.  Maybe...you entered the twilight zone or something when you hit 80.  Take a break, come back later, or just go play something else and leave those of us who don't mind these roadbumps in peace.  Isn't like it's the first great MMO to have issues at it's birth.

Remove the fanboy glasses.

Today i managed to play for 2 hours. Logged off for dinner and never got in again. "Error code 42 xxx xxx xxx" is all i get and it's not just me. Half of the guild faces similar issues the entire day.

And the worst part is that they don't have the decency to admitt that the fault is on their side. Instead, the error message prompts people to a wild goose chase telling them to disable firewalls, antivirus software, check port forwarding and whatnot.

ArenaNet must realise the we are not in 2005 when GW 1 launched.

• BeartosserBeartosser Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by gracefield
    Originally posted by Thebigbopper
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    Originally posted by kol56
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    Originally posted by kol56
    Originally posted by elocke
    I thought you said this was a "hate-fee" summary?  Sure sounded like bitching to me.  Funny, I'm level 67 and haven't had these issues you are whining about except the obvious one of the Trading Post being down.  I never crash, I never find content I can't complete, I'm always able to PVP, make characters and so forth.  Maybe...you entered the twilight zone or something when you hit 80.  Take a break, come back later, or just go play something else and leave those of us who don't mind these roadbumps in peace.  Isn't like it's the first great MMO to have issues at it's birth.

Gotta love the honeymoon phase.

I mean you can call me blinded by fanboism as well just because the only problem I've had was the TO being down, nothing else..but thats a fact, and judging by your post history kol56 you seem to spend your free time hating on a video game( Hmm I wonder which one), most likely nothing better to do. Anyway OP not sure why you can't do any content like everyone else, its really unfortunate that your in this situation ( that is if your telling the truth). 

You seem a bit upset.

Calm down and go find something better to do than attacking random posters.

If it didn't happened to you... it doesn't matter, the issues are real.

If you actually readed what i quoted, elocky was basically saying "shut up, stop crying, play the game and don't say anything bad about it", even when he admits a few "roadbumps", TLDR, "don't say bad things about my shiny precious" = Honeymoon in full force.

At least im not checking the post history of other users, unlike you, i could care less, and by the looks of it, im not the one who doesn't have anything to do.

I didn't get that at all from elocke's response. He acknowledged the "roadbumps" in the game. The OP did say "hate free", but then proceeds to pick everything that was going wrong in the game, as if they won't be fix sooner or later. It's not neccessarily hating, but his formatting different from what I had expected from a "hate free" summary. What's the point of even "bitching", right? Why not just play the game, and when you find that everything you want to do in the game is currently unavailable, just put the game down. There is absolutely no "honeymoon phase" kind of thinking here. It's more about being optimistic.

yep agree, who needs posts like this when we have vitriol from the "AVENGERS OF SWTORS HONOR" coming like roaches out of the woodwork every second. (which we also predicted would happen). Just play be patient and don't rush to 80 everyone warned you against doing that.

Oh BTW the vendors ONLY are there in the temples when you CAPTURE a temple and then only for a few minutes. Thought you should know since people obviously have stopped watching videos on certain aspects of the game.

That's most likely why you haven't found one, because there's not enough 80's to actually KILL the mobs coming to take the temples away from you? and you can't even get to those until you've done the initial Orr DE's to enter the area. Mobs everywhere.

Being well informed is a nice thing.

I wonder why you would predict "avengers of SWTORs honor" attacking these forums. I guess it could be because those forums were attacked on a regular basis by GW2 fanboys......

The fact is a lot of things it was criticised for are showing up in this game.

The thing is that even when SWTOR at it's start had so many players, i do not remember any gold sellers,account hacks or anything like that.

I like both games and i have played  GW2 alone since it's commencement but i like SWTOR too.

That's it, can't stand it any more. Would every American on this site who thinks the expression "could care less" actually makes sense - listen up. The bloody expression is "couldn't care less", for God's sake, it doesn't even make sense your way and every bloody one of you uses it wrongly. If your going to post so the whole world can read it, learn the language first for fuck's sake...

/rantoff

While you're at it, could you get them to spell honour with a "u".

If they start spelling pour "por" we'll know civilization as we know it has ended.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Gee, an overhyped game that had no real features for end game beyond 'We have PvP!!  Play it 24/7!!!!"  is boring as all hell when you have no more levels to gain?

What a surprise..

• BeartosserBeartosser Member UncommonPosts: 94
    BTW, I'm not intending on buying this game for another couple of weeks, so I'd like to take the time now to thank all of you for working out the bugs for me. image
  • MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Yeah but you must really love the game to have played 97 hours in 10 days :-/
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by zellmer

Gee, an overhyped game that had no real features for end game beyond 'We have PvP!!  Play it 24/7!!!!"  is boring as all hell when you have no more levels to gain?

What a surprise..

Actually, now that I'm 75 and seeing the endgame zones.  Endgame in GW2 PVE wise is fantastic and just plain chaotic.  Tons of events, epic ones at that, all happening in 3 to 4 zones, you feel like your are part of a major war effort going on, more so than even the games with WAR in their names ever gave us.   Best part is, you pretty much RAID to do it all but without the hassle of forming a raid or waiting on people.   Chat is filled with calls to this event or that event and calls on how to bring a boss down and so forth at various temples, it's FANTASTIC.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Consensus
    Originally posted by Vatrox

After 97 hours...

I just want to play what I paid so much for. 

What a collossal waste of money.

SARCASM

Sixty bucks.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design