Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raider in training

gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158

I can only play GW2 for 3-4 hours max in one session. I had thought that I was maybe getting burned out on the game.

Then it occurred to me why. The game feels like a giant dungeon crawl. You have to have high situational awareness and utilize your toolbox on a regular basis. 

I get raider fatigue. Lol.

But hey, good training for the mmo raiding in other games.

Comments

• gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Guess its just me:(
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by gieger808

I can only play GW2 for 3-4 hours max in one session. I had thought that I was maybe getting burned out on the game.

Then it occurred to me why. The game feels like a giant dungeon crawl. You have to have high situational awareness and utilize your toolbox on a regular basis. 

I can also play it only for 3-4 hours max per session, though most of the days I have to stop at 1 or 2 hours..... but not because of fatigue... just that being married and having a baby does that to you... :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    Originally posted by gieger808

is not only u image

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

"only" 3-4 hours.

.....  I wish I had that sort of free time.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Well we spent 3 hours on a boss in AC the other night, that felt like a raid boss experience, but all the sweeter when we get it down.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

It does? Honestly it really doesn't do all that much in terms of any awarness to me. Maybe as a raider I just don't see it? 

Its a very simple game by far, people who claim about 'awareness' and the likes are quite imaginative. You basically are trading out complex rotations for occasional dodges of red circles more often then other games. If anything I get bored of combat rather then finding it tedious. Just so much repeating of the same few buttons.  (68 dagger thief btw in case people think I'm lvl 5 pure ranged or something). 

I think the problem for you isn't that its 'raid like' but the fact you don't feel much in terms of progress and you don't feel 'guided' enough in what to do. Sure theres events and all going on all around the place, but it really doesn't direct you or lead you to a goal all that much.

It just gets boring after a few hours and really doesn't absorb you into your character I feel is the biggest issue.