Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[poll] Was it ready?

FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Anet repeatedly said they would release GW2 "When its ready"

What do you think?

Comments

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Nope. 
  • stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    Negative Ghostrider
  • teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Another warhammer online... (not)
  • paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437

I guess the obvious questions have to be asked. 

How many people that are saying it was not ready pre-ordered.  How do they feel about that pre-order.  And, will it affect your next decision about pre-ordering.  But, that's probably for another thread.

• OdyssesOdysses Member Posts: 581
    At least its not a subscription model game though and players won't be paying $15 a month for them to fix it and get it ready.
  • Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

It's really hard to tell, because sure the game has quite a lot of bugs and issues since it launched. However most of these major issues weren't even issues during the beta (trading post and the numerous guild & party issues). They only became an issue once ArenaNet opened the floodgates to the masses and realized that the stress tests couldn't prepare them for it.

So I won't vote, because the poll needs more options.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Odysses
    At least its not a subscription model game though and players won't be paying $15 a month for them to fix it and get it ready.

Very good point. 

So people that are frustrated with the broken AH, etc., just relax, let them fix it, and you should be fine. 

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I'm one of those that haven't had a single problem since the first beta weekend I took part in, so a resounding 'Yes' from me.

I'm well aware that others were not so lucky, but I can only vote from personal experience :/

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Yes, it was ready for release

No, MMORPG´s are never ready and done.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206
    You can easily find out the percentage of fanboys in this forum from this poll alone.  As we speak NOTHING works and it's laggy as hell, and some people say it's "ready".
  • teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw
    You can easily find out the percentage of fanboys in this forum from this poll alone.  As we speak NOTHING works and it's laggy as hell, and some people say it's "ready".

What is "NOTHING". Laggy not for me? must be just only for you. Only thing i had encountered is that one skill point couldnt be able to done but it was fixed in a day.

• gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Some game develop can only take place after a mmo goes live. It's the nature of the beast.
  • dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

well according to betas and whatnot, it was ready...

however, in last stresstest before release, AH couldnt work, so i kinda knew where this is going...

That being said, it AAA MMORPG that is very popular at the moment, so no wonder

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

You can also find the number of trolls who havent so much as touched the game, have outdated cheap PCs, crappy internet connections, and are too slow to understand mechanics  / featuresthat are quite simple to understand.

Aside from the Trading Post issues and a few random bugged events Ive had no problems, including this supposed massive lag that people are constantly getting. Played on 4 diff servers so far, and no noticeable lag on any of them.

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266
    No, it was not. It has holes, bugs and problems everywhere. However, i'm glad i preordered, and glad it released even in this state. Its still better than nothing. GW2 is the only MMORPG i can play, because i'm sick of WoW and its variations, and i didnt like Darkfall/EVE Online or other games that are different. So, at least i can play it, thats good enough for me and i'm enjoying it. But, seriously, no working AH for a week and a half after release - you cannot call that "ready".
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Well another example of someone who doesn't even play telling folks who do play what works and what doesn't

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I've had no major issues aside from the AH which is affecting everyone. And I did see some 'slow' in WvW when I popped in but it wasn't terrible (I have a heavy rig so I was surprised I saw anything).

Overall I would say other than the AH (which is a very LARGE undertaking...a global economy) it was mostly ready.

I also think a few of their patches a have made more weird things occur..which is also usual.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

Majority of the issues have been server side. So yes I would have to say that it was ready. There are many issues in software development that rarely occur during the development phase, and can only be discovered during the live phase.

I know I have seen a share of live issues for the product I'm responsible for that would have never been caught during QA testing. It's just the nature of the beast. 

The Software Engineers have a saying. You never finish a project, it's just released into the wild. Basically whenever you have a complex project there is always something that can be cleaned up, fixed, improved, and it is an endless vicious cycle. You just need to draw a hard line before it starts cutting into profitability.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I put nope cause i feel a month or 2 of more dev time would have ironed out the TP being non exisistent, no trade system, no COD mail, story bugs, and de bugs.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

GW2 was satisfactorily ready for launch

not bug free and having problems w the availability of trading post and mail but otherwise ready

i dont believe any mmo is ever 100% ready for launch

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224

Yes it was ready! people just think the launch was going to be absolutly perfect with no bugs or issues or problems.

:)

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426

Yes it was ready for release. AH issues is common at release. guild issues is common at release. The only thing that stands out in my eyes is the group/instance issue which was fixed quickly...the rest are minor bugs that come with new releases.

All I care about is the fact that the game is a blast.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

The only poll that matters is the one in the lower left corner of this SS imho. I rarely if ever see negative comments.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I felt it was ready during BWE2, then during BWE3 and Head Start, things started falling apart.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Clearly this game was not ready and needs at least another year before release. They need to redo the combat system because its too simplistic, awkward and boring, give the dynamic events real purpose to where its the players that are doing them and not npcs and lastly redo the game world to were you are not just opening up the map and teleporting to the dot only to get there and say oh well where is the next one.