Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a class for a non fast twitch player...help!

SotoSoto Member UncommonPosts: 177
I made a mesmer but do not like all the illusions that help you stay alive.  Thinking about making a thief that relies on hit and run tactics and the use of poisons to slowly bring down enemy. Is this an option for a person that is not a fast twitch player??? image

the sword of no sword...

Comments

• SotoSoto Member UncommonPosts: 177
    ?

the sword of no sword...

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    try diff classes to level 5 to get a feel for them
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Ranger is pretty easy, dont have to be too twitchy at all.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Ranger is pretty easy, dont have to be too twitchy at all.

Ranger would be easy. Get a tank pet like a bear and get at least short bow. I prefer short and long personally.

• JSigman780JSigman780 Member Posts: 4
    I am not saying anything about your particular style but I have been playing a mesmer as well and their are several builds, if you just google gw2 build tool you will find the sites, that rely on chaos armor and what not instead of illusions.  That being said I have dabbled into some of the other classes and I think the least twitch and most powerful at least in PvE encounters, because of good survivability and good abilities,  is the warrior.  Truthfully though I don't know if I can really tell you what will work best for you because the general mechanics of the individual classes are different enough that their is something for everyone.  I agree with one of the other posters that you should try the classes to level 5  or better yet 10 and see what you like the most.  Good luck.
  • MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    Ranger pretty much
  • solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Ranger. Also, Guardian. Or even better, Engineer and go Turrets.

All these do get a bit busy if you want to play them to their fullest, but surviving with them is easy.

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

turrets are aweful. They might as well not be in the game.

If you go engineer go rifle and pots, anything else is a waste of time.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Ranger is probably the easiest to survive with if you have pet bears. Just swap out between two different bears and you'll be fine. As far as weapons go I like my longbow and the greatsword for when the mobs just won't keep their distance.
  • solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203
    Originally posted by gaugemew

Talking PVE, turrets are cake to stay alive with. Rifle and pots is just boring.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by gaugemew

no theyre not. constant source of damage or CC, they tank for you, awesome overcharge skills, you can explode them to do a lot of damage or create blast finisher. some of them are also low enough cooldown that u can use them in almost every fight. also, engineer with underwater turrets in sPvP is basically a god in holding the ruins at raid of capricorn.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

you can play a thief if they sound interesting to you. However you would have to stick with the shortbow. The melee thief is very much dodge depending, or twitch dependant, and you would struggle. The shortbow is still very much something I see a lot of thieves using. Im dagger/dagger x 2 - and only use the shortbow to farm loot on events where I need to hit every mob in every wave. Its actually more like autoattack and a few cluster bombs if you dont want to look afk.

so yeah you can play a thief, but it would be repetitive.

Ranger sounds like a good starting point. Maybe also guardian, you would be able to miss a few dodges and still survive.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    All melee characters need to dodge, so I'd recommend a class that's mostly ranged and not too squishy. That's Necromancer. They have one of the highest HP pools in GW2, a second life bar to use when necessary, a lot of conditions to weaken and slow down foes and some pets that can tank normal mobs quite well. Ranger is a pretty good option, too, but you're losing out if you're not using a melee weapon.
  • gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Yeah. Necro might be best. It's a very twitchy game.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Necromancer. First 10 levels your minion sucks (said to be a healer pet, but it doesn't really heal and can't cut butter either), after that you get better and better minions. Right now (level 30) I have 2 minions with me by default and a 3rd depending on the situation. Making a build where pets do the most damage and I can use shadow shroud as well.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Honestly OP im not sure this is the game for you, every class I have tried involves alot of "twitch" based combat. Mobs are freackin tough in this game and every fight you need to pay attention to . If you don't utilize most of your skills and "run & gun " so to speak , you will die..... For me its a blast to play.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Soto
    I made a mesmer but do not like all the illusions that help you stay alive.  Thinking about making a thief that relies on hit and run tactics and the use of poisons to slowly bring down enemy. Is this an option for a person that is not a fast twitch player??? image

If you want low twitch, try guardian...

Greatsword/Mace+focus, specifically...

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    GW2 doesn't really cater to non fast twitch play. The combat forces you to think on your feet. It's unfortunate that WoW and all the recent clones have only offered combat that can be mastered with one arm tied behind your back. GW2 is an evolution in gameplay.