Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hate the game all you want...

2»

Comments

• Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323

I'm going to have to disagree with this post and fix your quote.

"BEST MMORPG OF ALL TIME FOR ME!"  Fixed.

The mixed combat of targeted and non-targeted makes my head hurt. It flows well, but it also allows for all kinds of missed attacks and pulling adds when you didn't mean to, etc.

I came from a game (SWTOR) where killing multiple enemies and feeling "badass" was part of the game. This game? Not so much. I feel borderline worthless. 1 mob is okay, 2 mobs is hurtful, 3 mobs i'm dead. Raids/Events? Its just a zergfest of people frantically running around trying to rez someone else so they can live for 3-5 seconds and hopefully rez another person.  Maybe i've missed out on some of the tactics involved in this game, but its hard to learn from mistakes when you're not really making any mistakes - you just stand in the fire that magically appeared underneath you for 2 seconds and you're dead. Dodge button or not, you can't spam it.

I wanted to be a healer type with good survivability so I chose the guardian. I have never felt more worthless doing anything, ever in an mmo. My heals don't do squat. My attacks don't do much either. I understand they wanted a game without healers, but maybe they should tone down the damage output.

Anyone have any constructive ideas about how/why things are so difficult? I have no issues with playing a "hard" game, hence why I am still playing it, but I do want to feel like I am contributing to events rather than just running around rezzing everyone.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by MMOwanderer
    Originally posted by Amjoco

OP all you have to do is get in game with the thousands of people who are enjoying it. The people here on this forum do not count worth a sack full of horse manure and their opinions are even less truthfully. If they truly mattered, why would they come to the GW2 forum anyway? They must not have any games they enjoy sharing positive inputs about.

Here is the chat you need to be concerned about. Nothing negative, just people having fun.

And that would go for your own post and that of the fans of this game too, right?

I couldn't agree with you more! :) You have nailed it on the head. The difference is I'm happy and playing while the ones bashing are still bashing and hoping.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Deto123
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Bought the game, played it and then sold it. Not going down with anymore ships.

then let go and move on.. you seem to have an issue doing that.. i bought Diablo 3 got bored after 1 week but don't sit in diablo 3 forums whining about it.. i bought Tera enjoyed it for a couple weeks and moved on.. I bought TSW enjoyed it and moved on.. why do some people find it so hard to just move on? what is the need to continuously come to a game forum you dislike and talk crap about it everyday?  it is just a game after all

I have let go and moved on but why cant I post my thoughts like everybody else is doing? If I was doing something wrong the mods of this site would tell me. Dont get mad at me because your precious game that you put so much effort into promoting ( Nice Sig btw ) that you thought was going to be the game everybody has been waiting for is finally out and you see that its not.

I stand my my statement that soon this board will be flooded with people saying the game is boring and I also stand my my statment that most of the people saying they like the game like yourself feel the same way but just dont want to admit it.

but again you would be very very wrong:) just the usual locust that swarm this sites.. hardly an indication of anything.. game is selling through the roof.. xfire numbers are almost upto LoL numbers.. metacritic reviews are high... game is doing just fine.. but go on and beleive what you want:)

And how is everything you just said any different from the other major mmos that released? Xfire? Really?

Lol, easy to get them going, and I m not even trying. The numbers are so good, because A net did one thing right, it has no sub. No one will admit it, but if there was a sub this game would be on the low scale of MMO subs. Of course they ll say otherwise, but , I can t beleive I m going to say this, WoW is a better game.

WoW is a different game. People need to get out of their heads that they are different games. If you say WoW is better that is you opinion. I love both WoW and GW2 in their own ways. Rift and Aion are also two that I love to play also.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KaezielKaeziel Member Posts: 6

Mahahahahah darkfall/aion pvp make u laugh ? What do u consider a pvp game ? Wow rift swtor tsw tera warhammer lotro dco ff14...Please kid! Darkfall had the most raw pvp of all time,too bad it was such a poorly designed game,overall crap.Aion well at least they brought some action skill comboa,fast paced fight compared to the boring crap that is wow.Seriously that thing could run on a toaster,literaly.

Actualy u could charge me 30 bucks a month for this thing,finaly something good and new.Stop being cheap realy,what services in life will procure u so many hours of fun montly with such low fees.

Actualy its not my opignon,its a fact,its the best mmorpg of all time to be released.If you dont get it now ull get it later.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Kaeziel

Mahahahahah darkfall/aion pvp make u laugh ? What do u consider a pvp game ? Wow rift swtor tsw tera warhammer lotro dco ff14...Please kid! Darkfall had the most raw pvp of all time,too bad it was such a poorly designed game,overall crap.Aion well at least they brought some action skill comboa,fast paced fight compared to the boring crap that is wow.Seriously that thing could run on a toaster,literaly.

Actualy u could charge me 30 bucks a month for this thing,finaly something good and new.Stop being cheap realy,what services in life will procure u so many hours of fun montly with such low fees.

Actualy its not my opignon,its a fact,its the best mmorpg of all time to be released.If you dont get it now ull get it later.

Darkfall had the same exact PvP you get in any FPS, only with swords and magic instead of guns. Yeah it was fun as hell, I played it for awhile too. But as you pointed out the overall game was crap, as well as their willingness to do anything about any cheaters (like the lag switching guilds), which completely ruined the PvP. I did enjoy owning some of the lag switching kiddies who liked to act like they were good though. Shame they never did anything to get rid of them or did anything about the retarded bunny hopping.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Gw2 to much like everything else and without a IP to make it interesting, Will not check it out.. sorry to say OP.

This have been a good conversation

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

let me sumarize this thread.

Gw2 fanboy trolls are whining about getting trolled even when they trolled every other game on this site.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• KaezielKaeziel Member Posts: 6

Mmmna u got it wrong bro...

Im more openly laughin at u guys being so blinded,cuz i know for fact most of yall posting here will end up playing the game.

Oh and just keep in mind.

GW2 BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!

You want it or not,it ll suck ur fav mmo player base dry and force u to join us. 

Mahahaha

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by Kaeziel

Mmmna u got it wrong bro...

Im more openly laughin at u guys being so blinded,cuz i know for fact most of yall posting here will end up playing the game.

Oh and just keep in mind.

GW2 BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!

You want it or not,it ll suck ur fav mmo player base dry and force u to join us. 

Mahahaha

People like you give real fans of GW2 a bad name.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by MMOwanderer

OP all you have to do is get in game with the thousands of people who are enjoying it. The people here on this forum do not count worth a sack full of horse manure and their opinions are even less truthfully. If they truly mattered, why would they come to the GW2 forum anyway? They must not have any games they enjoy sharing positive inputs about.

Here is the chat you need to be concerned about. Nothing negative, just people having fun.

And that would go for your own post and that of the fans of this game too, right?

I couldn't agree with you more! :) You have nailed it on the head. The difference is I'm happy and playing while the ones bashing are still bashing and hoping.

*High five* then

Yes, unfortunatly i'm still hoping for a great mmorpg that i can play for a long time. I still hope you and all the GW2 players have fun, of course. I'll keep my eyes on the upcoming mmos. But in the mean time, i still have lots of things and different games to have fun. There's more than mmos after all image

This discussion has been closed.