Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Very nice and all, but don't you feel a wee bit guilty about dropping the GameExpition logo over the GoHa.ru pics and vid?

Original from a few days ago - http://forums.goha.ru/showthread_0_0_t795274

• volcha87volcha87 Member Posts: 31
    mmm... yes I feel. As well as they fill. Screenshots are from Korean players. mmm... and one more thing if you look closer you will see I don't remove their watermarks and on the video there is in description source of original video. Actualy I just forgot to place link to source in that article. And last thing it just how the script works, I can switch it off but I'm to lazy. Happy days?

Originally posted by coretex666

I like the skill system in ArcheAge. I believe that it will allow people to create a character that will be almost exactly the way as they want it to be.

I mean first you select the branches from which you will be chosing your skills and then if I am correct, you do not need to go from the bottom to the top of the branch like in WoW for example, but you can choose any skill in that branch.

I can imagine having something like Magic / Death / Conjury for nice dmg output, debuffs and CC.

Correct, you do not need to go from top to bottom, but can choose the skills you want. The active skills, the large 16 skill block, are level locked, so you need to have the skill school at the appropriate level to attain a skill.

In CBT5 (different than CBT4, come OBT YMMV):

-Players may choose 1 School at Char level 1, a second at level 5 and the third school at level 10.

-Each School has its own level, and level along with the player as they hunt, craft and quest.

-Each skill has advanced versions and costs coin to improve as the Schools level increases.

-Skills can be reset at a trainer, and will then cost coin to be improved to the schools level.

-Skill Schools can be reset as well, starting L20 iirc, and will then default to L10 and the school will need to be releveled. For example a L50 player dump all 3 of their schools for 3 new ones, although they are L50, their 3 new schools are L10 and would need to be advanced through normal leveling, until which time the player would only have access to lower level skills.

-Each school has 16 skills, 11 Active in the block on the left and 5 passives in the column to the right. At level cap players will have 23 total Skill points to assign.

-The 11 Active skills can be chosen in any order once their minimum school level is attained.

-The 5 Passive skills can be chosen, again in any order, but will require a certain number of active skill points spent in that school to be unlocked. 1 Active for the top skill to become available, then 2, 3, 5 and 7 Active skills for the Passive skills below that.

edit: Me spel bery gud! :(

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Are betas still region locked? I'd love to get in one. Hopefully we get a NA publisher soon

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

No hard info about post cap advancements, if any. But, if you consider crafting in there, and crafted gear is supposed to be equal to or even the best in game, if you buy or someone supplies all the materials due to the labor point system it is supposed to take ~3 months of daily effort to cap a single Craft skill. Last count there were 14 of them so some 42 months. More if you gather and grow your own mats.

No crafting Alts, as only 1 character per account can earn Labor Points at a time.

The only real topic that might be related, but is not yet in game at all, Player Factions. No official info, but I see them as something similar to EvE Alliances, many guilds (Expeditionary Forces) grouped together. So politics more than end game gear.

Originally posted by Sephros
    Are betas still region locked? I'd love to get in one. Hopefully we get a NA publisher soon

The Closed Betas were locked, but the last and latest just ended. Supposed, rumor has it the first Open Beta will be in November in Korea.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by volcha87

Gliders Review

Skills Tree review

Really dissappointed with the gliders.  I thought they wouldn't pay a major part in the game, and would only work if you were on the top of a mountain trying to get down or something.  In the video the guy took off from the flat ground...and was even able to attack.  Very sadface over this one....

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326

Steady on with the key part of the game talk. The gliders are situational. They aren't a movement technique. My horse at level 10 outpaced the first glider, so they aren't rapid until you get upto the high level gliders which yes have a significant list of perks. 

However, take a single hit on a glider and you shall plumet out of the air instantly. They are so niche that the list of ways to use them is limited.

Attacking ships (really useful but fail to land back on your own deck and things can get very dicey fairly quickly.)

Helping to catch an enemy player (My friend had this happen to him after I had been killed, he was running away and the enemy used the glider to gain ground, as he wasn't mounted.)

Movement aid (obvious one here.)

Otherwise they are limited in their usefulness, so don't go thinking they are the Aion wings of Archeage or the flying mounts.

Originally posted by afhn2110

Gliders Review

Skills Tree review

Really dissappointed with the gliders.  I thought they wouldn't pay a major part in the game, and would only work if you were on the top of a mountain trying to get down or something.  In the video the guy took off from the flat ground...and was even able to attack.  Very sadface over this one....

If you look closer at the video, look at guys hp when he used this skill. This skill called "Suicide"... he lost half hp after using it

Originally posted by afhn2110

Gliders Review

Skills Tree review

If you look closer at the video, look at guys hp when he used this skill. This skill called "Suicide"... he lost half hp after using it

'Suicide' rather like this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0   :D

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Enerzeal

Steady on with the key part of the game talk. The gliders are situational. They aren't a movement technique. My horse at level 10 outpaced the first glider, so they aren't rapid until you get upto the high level gliders which yes have a significant list of perks. 

However, take a single hit on a glider and you shall plumet out of the air instantly. They are so niche that the list of ways to use them is limited.

Attacking ships (really useful but fail to land back on your own deck and things can get very dicey fairly quickly.)

Helping to catch an enemy player (My friend had this happen to him after I had been killed, he was running away and the enemy used the glider to gain ground, as he wasn't mounted.)

Movement aid (obvious one here.)

Otherwise they are limited in their usefulness, so don't go thinking they are the Aion wings of Archeage or the flying mounts.

That's good to know, I very much was picturing aion.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

Originally posted by CyclopsSlay

No hard info about post cap advancements, if any. But, if you consider crafting in there, and crafted gear is supposed to be equal to or even the best in game, if you buy or someone supplies all the materials due to the labor point system it is supposed to take ~3 months of daily effort to cap a single Craft skill. Last count there were 14 of them so some 42 months. More if you gather and grow your own mats.

No crafting Alts, as only 1 character per account can earn Labor Points at a time.

The only real topic that might be related, but is not yet in game at all, Player Factions. No official info, but I see them as something similar to EvE Alliances, many guilds (Expeditionary Forces) grouped together. So politics more than end game gear.

I would like to have gear progression after level CAP, but not in a form of treadmill like in WoW.

I like gear system of Lineage II where you have very low drop rates from regular mobs, slightly higher from bosses, and then crafting for which it is very difficult to obtain the mats.

I would appreciate similar system in AA since I believe that it establishes longterm gear goals which do not necessarily turn the game into a mindless grind. I think it is possible that something similar may be included in the game considering who is behind the game.

Well, since Jake Song and his team were the people behind Lineage 2 and now Archeage there is probably a decent chance for world drops.

There are drops from named mobs, including sets. I dno't read Korean so cannot comment on how good the stats are, but the color seems to be Blue which if a CBT4 article is correct is about middle of the road in gear grades.

Yacha - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DShdvTJBGeY&feature=player_embedded

Iron Lord - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a85oWhvYHHk

I need to try and find the article again, but off the top of my head there were 12 ranks of quality, WoW has like 6 (grey, white, green, blue, purple, red), as well there was like 6 or 8 level tiers.

-One character per player account will earn 1 Labor point every 5 minutes upto a cap per day based on char level.

-Each Craft/Harvest skill is ranked from 1 to 10,000 and increases based on the 'Labor' cost

-Each Craft/Harvest operation consumes 'Labor Points', double labor cost at skill 1, scaling to half labor cost at max skill.

-Craft operations can crit (but I am unclear exactly how that affects things)

-Items can be upgraded in level tier by combining an item with the next higher material. (ie. base copper dagger + Iron bar = iron dagger)

-Items can be upgraded in quality by combining an item with Ahkrium (drop/harvest/quest) magic material.

-Items have durability and will need to be repaired by a player. Quest items have durability and cannot be repaired.

There was more and more detail, will try and find the article and correct/update this.

• kol56kol56 Member Posts: 124

I would like to have gear progression after level CAP, but not in a form of treadmill like in WoW.

I like gear system of Lineage II where you have very low drop rates from regular mobs, slightly higher from bosses, and then crafting for which it is very difficult to obtain the mats.

I would appreciate similar system in AA since I believe that it establishes longterm gear goals which do not necessarily turn the game into a mindless grind. I think it is possible that something similar may be included in the game considering who is behind the game.

Well, since Jake Song and his team were the people behind Lineage 2 and now Archeage there is probably a decent chance for world drops.

There are drops from named mobs, including sets. I dno't read Korean so cannot comment on how good the stats are, but the color seems to be Blue which if a CBT4 article is correct is about middle of the road in gear grades.

Yacha - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DShdvTJBGeY&feature=player_embedded

Iron Lord - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a85oWhvYHHk

I need to try and find the article again, but off the top of my head there were 12 ranks of quality, WoW has like 6 (grey, white, green, blue, purple, red), as well there was like 6 or 8 level tiers.

-One character per player account will earn 1 Labor point every 5 minutes upto a cap per day based on char level.

-Each Craft/Harvest skill is ranked from 1 to 10,000 and increases based on the 'Labor' cost

-Each Craft/Harvest operation consumes 'Labor Points', double labor cost at skill 1, scaling to half labor cost at max skill.

-Items can be upgraded in level tier by combining an item with the next higher material. (ie. base copper dagger + Iron bar = iron dagger)

-Items can be upgraded in quality by combining an item with Ahkrium (drop/harvest/quest) magic material.

-Items have durability and will need to be repaired by a player. Quest items have durability and cannot be repaired.

There was more and more detail, will try and find the article and correct/update this.

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS, AHHAHAHAHAHA, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Just brilliant, seriously, brilliant.

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge."

"The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all the same; so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy"
    -Seinfeld

• ArcheAgeFanArcheAgeFan Member Posts: 46
    Well if your armoursmith or weaponssmith your in luck. Making serious money for repair and craft gears. Where would they get new gears if their quest gears break.
    Originally posted by ArcheAgeFan
    Well if your armoursmith or weaponssmith your in luck. Making serious money for repair and craft gears. Where would they get new gears if their quest gears break.

Given as, in theory, everyone can craft and repair everything, they just have to have bought the recipes. That is not to say all will have equal chance of a success or failure, as well a skilled played can certainly make something for fewer Labor points.

So, if nothing else you can always do a rough job yourself. And there is nothing but time preventing a player from masetering all crafts. Again the time mentioned was approximately 3 months of labor spent to master a single skill, there are a ton of skills if you include all the Harvests and Crafts, all at 3 months... so it would take something like 4-5 years real time to master all the current ones if that is pretty much ALL they do...

I hope it will be worth it to master the crafting skills. Let those who dedicate the time to it have the top gear in the game. I think that AA is not so much about having everyone balanced in PvP.

Balanced? LOL... Yeah that isn't going to be real possible I would imagine. 120 class combo's, with a total of 110 Active and 50 Passive skills that can be combined. I truly dread the math needed to calculate the number of possible skill combo's.

Got to be 100's of thousands of possible skill combinations. Not all would even remotely make sense, but they are possible.

All the best items will be from crafting. I will write a review about crafting a little bit later.

As he said there 12 items upgrades. You can't go from 1 to 12 you will need to do it one at a time and there is chance to fail it. Also there is 5 tiers. from 1 to 4 it is really easy to upgrade but last one will be hardcore (Korean Random).

- Craft can crit - it mean that when you crafting items they will be without upgrades but you have chance to make to second upgrade or 3 (need to read it dont remember) that means Crit.

Thanks Xolcha87.

What was making me think there were more than 5 tiers was this set bonus post.  http://archeagesource.com/topic/1012-armor-set-bonuses-cbt5/#entry17174

The article shows L20, 24, 30, 34, 40 and 44 sets. According to Entaro the L44 crafted set items are randomly part of 1 of 4 sets. So maybe the sets are outside of the crafted gears normal level tiering.