Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Name a better game

Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
Haters hate, but I dare say name a better mmorpg (EVE aside because that's a beast of its own).

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

Comments

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Darkfall.
  • dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by Mike-McQueen
    Haters hate, but I dare say name a better mmorpg (EVE aside because that's a beast of its own).

For endgame PvE: WoW

For PvP: DAoC

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    People are going to name like 4 million games because everyone has different gaming preferences.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Greymoor
    Darkfall.

LMAO

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

dude... there is no better game. there is no worse game. it's all a matter of opinion. people need to stop being so obstinately competitive. there is literally no aspect of any game which isn't subject to opinion and personal experience.

so better games than gw2? sins of a solar empire, castlevania: symphony of the night, diablo 2, aaaaandd... gw2. because that list makes as much sense as your request, op.

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Well darkfall had the potential to be, I agree, but fell way short. Mind you im a FPS sandbox fan myself so I'm partial to them too. DAOC was great back then but can't even stand up to any of these new age mmos. So let's be real about it. 

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by colddog04
    People are going to name like 4 million games because everyone has different gaming preferences.

EDIT: I don't think TSW is better than GW2 (like both games), but, if someone said it, why would their opinion not be valid? Same goes for all games.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    If there was a better game, they would be posting on that game's forum or...PLAYING it.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Nude table tennis.
  • Bad_MoodBad_Mood Member Posts: 1

Dark Ages of Camelot - better PvE and PvP as far as I'm concerned. 

Bad_Mood

• ThraliaThralia Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw

For endgame PvE: WoW

For PvP: DAoC

thread!

both games are better in both aspects.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by colddog04

This. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Its a baited question.  No matter what anyone says you will never disprove who is 'right' and who is 'wrong' since a better game will always be subjective.  If someone hates themparks, why would they pick GW2 as the best game?  They would clearly have another title in mind.

To answer your question directly, I cant think of anything better (that I would want to play instead).  But at the same time I plan to play SWTOR when it goes F2P and also want to check out FFIV 2.0.

Not because I want a better game, but simply because Im a gamer and I like to play and have fun.

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    I only started this because of all the GW bashing left and right with seemingly no point other than to troll the game. I understand it's subject to personal opinions but the vast majority, even those like myself who hate themeparks, know without a doubt that this is the best game out to date. It's got it's meh qualities, but it also has the most potential over time. I'm hopeful for PS2 and TESO as well, but there really is no better game out right now top to bottom, through and through.

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

EVE: Sandbox heaven. Everything is player driven.

TSW: Miles a head of gw2 when it comes to questing, story, immersion, world and dungeons. Also it's not high fantacy but dark, gritty and set in the present time.

• ProbertProbert Member Posts: 18

TSW is better IMO

EQ2 - Endgame before F2P crap happened was WAY better

Hell Rift endgame is better - and a much better launch.

• jdreamjdream Member UncommonPosts: 80

WoW

• nordyanordya Member Posts: 82
    Final Fantasy XI
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

EQ2 - endgame

SWTOR - story and the personal attachment to character (I love the story absolutely - the best lines you can find there). I actually care about my many toons.

Now you can troll me for my personal opinion /grin

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This is contentious in nature and kind of off topic.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.