Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of us can admit we were wrong?

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by caetftl

This thread isn't for people who are tossing out personal attacks at me just because... /yadada

Links?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

This thread isn't for people who are tossing out personal attacks at me just because I stopped being a fanboi... This is to apologize to the people that I once judged unfairly when they were much more objective than me. 

If you really feel the need to try and assassinate my character just because I no longer blindly love the game as you do... go ahead, but it just makes you look as silly as I once did. 

lol  You get an A for effort at least.  The only one who looks silly here is the one who got busted.

• Tawn47Tawn47 Member Posts: 512

This thread isn't for people who are tossing out personal attacks at me just because I stopped being a fanboi... This is to apologize to the people that I once judged unfairly when they were much more objective than me. 

If you really feel the need to try and assassinate my character just because I no longer blindly love the game as you do... go ahead, but it just makes you look as silly as I once did. 

Well then, just out of interest, when and where did you supposedly hype this game?  Sure would be nice to know as it would give proper context to your 'apology'.  No problem with telling us that is there?  

• barezzbarezz Member UncommonPosts: 147

Ok I can admit....

You were wrong :)

(Sorry, bored, lol)

• caetftlcaetftl Member Posts: 358
    Originally posted by Eir_S

lol  You get an A for effort at least.  The only one who looks silly here is the one who got busted.

This is exactly why i've made the apology, because so many people like I once was, get proven wrong, and just forget about it and move on.  I am honestly apologizing for all of my ignorance and fanboism before, because I am not like that anymore, I am willing to admit I was wrong, and I won't brush it off and go spew some more nonsense and hype. 

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    All of the troll alts are making my block list quite long.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    It's kind of crazy actually how many people create accounts just to get a rise out of people. I think GW2 has the most I've seen so far closely followed by TOR.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

This is exactly why i've made the apology, because so many people like I once was, get proven wrong, and just forget about it and move on.  I am honestly apologizing for all of my ignorance and fanboism before, because I am not like that anymore, I am willing to admit I was wrong, and I won't brush it off and go spew some more nonsense and hype. 

ok, enough is enough... you helped me kill a few more mins to the end of work, but you obviously are just here to troll and shit sling and that gets boring fast. Especially as you are really not that good at it.

Time to throw another on the ignore heap.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

You know those people you misjudged probably aren't going to read this thread right?

Here's a suggestion! PM them! Heck, use your post history to go back and pm every single person you wronged to say "I'm sorry".

Heck, I'll even help ya! I'll just need to see your post history.

All I hear are muted sounds now.  Your fatal error was thinking no one would care enough to question your authenticity.  Now you've effectively shot these kinds of "out of nowhere" criticisms full of holes.  What it looks like to most everyone here is that you were always a GW2 detractor, one that thought he was smart enough to come up with a new way to bash the game.

I will agree that you're ignorant though.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Funny op.. you reply to every response but ignore the guy that asks you SPECIFIC detail as to what they did not put into the game that had been said in the manifesto vid.

i smell a troll and it stinks.

• plasticplastic Member UncommonPosts: 12

I apologize, I was wrong...

GW2 is AMAZING! image

Originally posted by Vesavius

Time to throw another on the ignore heap.

Amen to that.  Cya, OP.  Better luck next time.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    It's kind of crazy actually how many people create accounts just to get a rise out of people. I think GW2 has the most I've seen so far closely followed by TOR.

And almost certainly, the exact same people.

It's hard to really judge severity of the event, however--it happens each and every title.  Posts per hour for the week following opening day, perhaps?  Would the forum have access to those stats, MikeB?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

I find it to be really fascinating, that I make a thread to discuss gw2 and apologize to people of a certain crowd, and the other crowd attempts to derail it with personal attacks, insults, and accusations.  I can completely relate to that compulsion though, I was once just like that. 
  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    It's everything I expected and more. Sorry for you.
  • Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

OP, I really couldn't care less about GW2.  It looks nice, and apparently has a huge number of fans.  I wish the game all the success in the world.  I will probably not ever play it, it's just not my cup of tea. 

But, right now, all people are asking for is proof that you participated in the "fanboism" of the game.  As it is right now, for all we know, you are just another "hater" pretending to be a "fanboi apologist."  Your account here is less than a week old and under 20 posts, you're an unknown entity.  This is still the internet, bub.  Even widely excepted truth is looked at with skeptisism.  So some schmuck offering up apologies for actions he/she may or may not have done, without proof, comes off entirely disingenuous.

I find it to be really fascinating, that I make a thread to discuss gw2 and apologize to people of a certain crowd, and the other crowd attempts to derail it with personal attacks, insults, and accusations.

So what is it? To discuss GW2 AND apologize, or just to apologize? Where's the secret tapes? What really happened at Watergate?

The world wants to know Mr. Nixon!

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by Cursedsei
    Originally posted by Thillian

DE are a poor rip off of Tabula Rasa Dynamic Battlefields, without the actual consequence (like losing a base along with all NPCs and Vendors), and it's a zergfest.

Suuure... I've played Tabula Rasa as well, and I can tell you thats some ole' bull right there. You never lost a base, all the enemies would just stand around and you'd get a notification about it so you could run in, kill em all, then instant-restore everything. If you didn't, then big whoop nothing really happens after that besides missing that base for the moment.

Nonsense, you probably didn't play Tabula Rasa.

In Tabula Rasa if you lost a base to invasion (Dynamic Battlefield - 2007, the original vision of Dynamic Events, later implemented in WAR as Public Quests) you lost it until players conquered it back.

There were bases in Tabula Rasa that were under enemy control for days.

And losing a base meant, you lost vendors, spawn point, and other miscellenous NPCs) So it actually had consequences.

REALITY CHECK

Originally posted by Storman1977

OP, I really couldn't care less about GW2.  It looks nice, and apparently has a huge number of fans.  I wish the game all the success in the world.  I will probably not ever play it, it's just not my cup of tea. 

But, right now, all people are asking for is proof that you participated in the "fanboism" of the game.  As it is right now, for all we know, you are just another "hater" pretending to be a "fanboi apologist."  Your account here is less than a week old and under 20 posts, you're an unknown entity.  This is still the internet, bub.  Even widely excepted truth is looked at with skeptisism.  So some schmuck offering up apologies for actions he/she may or may not have done, without proof, comes off entirely disingenuous.

But that in and of itself is the beauty of god's design.  The people that would accept my apology are the ones I am apologizing to, the people that will throw out personal attacks, I don't care about them. 

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

Another thread full of idiots blaming everyone but themselves for their failed expectations. 

If you'll check my posting history, you'll find that I was anything but a fanboy. I expected GW2 to be a slight evolution of mmorgps developed for more casual audience like me. That's exactly what I've got, and in some areas it actually exceeded my expectations (not by much, though.) This was pretty much exactly what I've imagine while reading the manifesto, discussing the game and dismissing those making unrealistic claims and expectations.

There are only 2 points where I've expected something from Anet where they underdelivered. I expected Trade Post working from day 1, even though not without problems, and I expected 2 levels of security instead of one (if you'll read the Status of the game posting from Anet from September 2, you'll see how spectacularly they admit they've failed in that direction. I mean, they try to downplay it, but it's actually very spectacular - ability to change emails on the fly and even to scan logins by changing your email.)

Short of that, game delivered exactly what it promised. As for those who read into promises something amazing, well, who's the fool here?

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    I find it to be really fascinating, that I make a thread to discuss gw2 and apologize to people of a certain crowd, and the other crowd attempts to derail it with personal attacks, insults, and accusations.

So what is it? To discuss GW2 AND apologize, or just to apologize? Where's the secret tapes? What really happened at Watergate?

The world wants to know Mr. Nixon!

+1 

got my laugh for today..

Caetftl.... If i wanted to watch re-runs i'd just watch cable tv...

DE are a poor rip off of Tabula Rasa Dynamic Battlefields, without the actual consequence (like losing a base along with all NPCs and Vendors), and it's a zergfest.

Suuure... I've played Tabula Rasa as well, and I can tell you thats some ole' bull right there. You never lost a base, all the enemies would just stand around and you'd get a notification about it so you could run in, kill em all, then instant-restore everything. If you didn't, then big whoop nothing really happens after that besides missing that base for the moment.

Nonsense, you probably didn't play Tabula Rasa.

In Tabula Rasa if you lost a base to invasion (Dynamic Battlefield - 2007, the original vision of Dynamic Events, later implemented in WAR as Public Quests) you lost it until players conquered it back.

There were bases in Tabula Rasa that were under enemy control for days.

And losing a base meant, you lost vendors, spawn point, and other miscellenous NPCs) So it actually had consequences.

Which is exactly what I said. Enemies run in, base gets disabled, they stand around and did nothing, then players come in and restore it. Same crap happens in GW2.

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

But that in and of itself is the beauty of god's design.  The people that would accept my apology are the ones I am apologizing to, the people that will throw out personal attacks, I don't care about them. 

How is asking for proof of your wrong doing a personal attack?  Only those that lie consider the truth insidious.

• Tawn47Tawn47 Member Posts: 512

You are now claiming a higher authority is intervening with this charade..  oh, yeah I mean legitimate post (lol)..   come on, this has gone on long enough - admit you're just having a bit of fun..

This discussion has been closed.