Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soo.. how many of you with 60fps?

Comments

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    The games running nicely with everything maxed  with i5 2.5k cpu and dual 6850's in crossfire. Crossfire gives 20-30 more fps from what ive experienced, so not a huge boost but still a boost, but that should improve with future profiles.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by MosesZD

That's because they're simpler.   I know you THINK they're more complex, but in reality the developer has much better control over the environment and deliberately limits every situation to keep total poly-count down while tricking your eyes into believing things are more complex than they are.

You can't do that in an MMO because, unlike your heavily controlled single-player game, players can go everywhere and do everything...  So to make a 'good looking' MMO, you crush the people with bottom-feeder computers who, because they can play Crysis at 40FPS think it'll work.    Only it's not true much to their unhappiness.  So, the best rule of thumb I know is:   Single player games bottle-necked with GPU speed.   MMOs are also bottled-necked with VRAM.  (Rule of thumb, so don't whine about it.  It's a rule of thumb, not an iron-hard lawf.)

Which gets us to your FPS...    There's more to the spec-story than you're telling us.    An "HD4800 series" card can be a cheap-bottom-dwelling card or a robust, but obsolete (DX) card.   I'm suspecting it's a shared memory or low-memory card integrated card, but I have no proof.

Now, I have an HD5850 with 2GB VRAM.  It's over-clocked and has the GPU capacity close to a 7850.   And, ironically, here is me in close to the same spot from three days ago:   http://www.flickr.com/photos/86072414@N06/7884024340/    116 FPS. 

Here is my settings which I did earlier in Divinity's Reach:   http://www.flickr.com/photos/86072414@N06/7887186050/    60FPS with a lot of people around, crafting, some particle effects, a long, complex draw and all the specs as high as possible.

Here I am in a world-boss event (Vile Maw) in the Norn starter zone.   Very long draw distances, muliple tornados (at least 6) about 50 players...    Huge number of spells, particle effects out the wazoo:  42FPS & somewhat later at 44FPS.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86072414@N06/7883880110/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86072414@N06/7883868818/

And a dynamic event (about 25 people and 20 centaurs rushing us):   http://www.flickr.com/photos/86072414@N06/7884020938/    60FPS

Normal soloing:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86072414@N06/7883979276/   80FPS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86072414@N06/7883973440/  77FPS

It's your computer, mate.   It isn't the game.   Most GOOD LOOKING MMOs I have played would have died in the Vile Maw fight.   SWTOR would have been going like a slide show and tearing.    DCUO would have stuttered to death.   STO...  Who knows, I probably would gone back it time...     Rift would stuttered.    LOTRO would stutter. 

So, when I'm in a huge boss fight, moving around, shooting, with 50 other people...

Great post.

It is also one of the reasons that FPS games generally have more "modern" graphics than MMOs (that and the fact that MMOs takes about 5 years to make).

And yes, maxing out a new MMO takes a good computer. On the plus side can my crappy laptop run it fine with its Nvidia 330M GFX card on medium settings. So I still think OP also have some crap clogging up his system. And yeah, the laptop do have a Intel quad processor so it aint a complete waste of space but still...

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    I get 60 fps at ~65% gpu usage. Sometimes I am experiencing graphical artifacts or glitches, but they happen after hours of gameplay and are not that bad. I hope for the next driver update to solve this issue, the last one was already great.
  • SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Well I have to say that I am pretty seriously unhappy with the optimisation.

I have a solid pc set up, I7 2700k, 16GB DDR II RAM, 120GB SSD/3TB HDD, and a HD6870 2GB (with a slave HD6870 helping with co-processing).

I am struggling to get more than 19FPS which I see as piss-poor on my rig, I get a solid 80FPS in SWTOR and it's usually 100+, constant 60FPS in WoW, consistently 60 + FPS in TSW - all at max settings.

Changed driver versions a few times with little to no noticeable improvement.

• TalketzantoTalketzanto Member UncommonPosts: 205

Brand new computer bought this past week.

i5-3570

16gb ram

amd 7850  2gb

things empty, updated drivers. perfect internet connection.

I get 70-125 fps in guild wars 2 yet i see people rubber banding when they walk....almost like my game isn't catching up to the server or vice versa......

PS: game ran fine up until just recently.

• SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323

I don't have the greatest of setups either.  OP it's probably your ram.  I'm not familiar with that graphics card so it could be that too, but my biggest issue whenever I start setting my graphics higher is the total amount of memory that I'm using at any one time.  You can sort this out by checking out your system resource usage.

I run the game in 1920x1080 on a 42" HD TV.  I also have an Nvidia 480 GTX.  I've got 5GB Ram (not the fastest either) a Quad Core 2.2Ghz.  CPU takes almost no hit while the game is running.  RAM runs at almost a constant 75-80%.  When I first started the game it had me at a happy medium graphics settings which looked ok and also got me 60FPS.  Now I run at maxium graphics and I get 23-30FPS.  Which honestly is perfect for me.  While 60FPS is what everyone loves to shoot for, it can also sometimes be fake looking.  Around 30FPS looks very lifelike to me.  And it won't mean that everyone and everything in the game will be skipping and jumping.  This is a major misconception.  The only thing you might notice, but probably won't is some blending in the combat animations.  While I could go on and on about my experience with lower FPS, and how I think it's better anyway, I'll just give you a link to an article I read a while back.

http://amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by Skuz

Well I have to say that I am pretty seriously unhappy with the optimisation.

I have a solid pc set up, I7 2700k, 16GB DDR II RAM, 120GB SSD/3TB HDD, and a HD6870 2GB (with a slave HD6870 helping with co-processing).

I am struggling to get more than 19FPS which I see as piss-poor on my rig, I get a solid 80FPS in SWTOR and it's usually 100+, constant 60FPS in WoW, consistently 60 + FPS in TSW - all at max settings.

Changed driver versions a few times with little to no noticeable improvement.

You might want to uncheck some of the settings and see which one is the culprit.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Most modern MMO games release these days need a decent PC, Blizzard released WoW with low system specs so they can draw a larger playerbase, people with PC's from 1998 were able to play WoW. Games like Vanguard, Age of Conan and so forth needed a modern PC (I remember AoC ran like shit even on the newest PC build).

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Originally posted by MosesZD
    Originally posted by Masa1

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Which gets us to your FPS...    There's more to the spec-story than you're telling us.    An "HD4800 series" card can be a cheap-bottom-dwelling card or a robust, but obsolete (DX) card.   I'm suspecting it's a shared memory or low-memory card integrated card, but I have no proof.

There is no HD 4800 card that is integrated or uses shared memory.

The lowest possible variant is the HD 4830 with 512 MB dedicated GDDR3. It's outdated in that it only supports up to DX 10.1. 57.6 GB/s bandwidth (integrated cards are at less than 12.8 GB/s).

He should be able to use higher settings with that card than what he posted in the schreenshot. Like you said, there must be something else to the spec-story that prevents him from doing that, or he put everything on low on purpose, and setting half the settings on high would give the same fps result. Since not all of the settings have any noticable effect on fps.

• TalketzantoTalketzanto Member UncommonPosts: 205

Theres tons of high end systems having this problem. Also theres tons of people who have low end machines have no problem.......It has to do with there server...

I have this problem with a high end machine and right around 1am eastern the lag and rubber banding disappears.......

My question is, can they fix this? or is it one of those things where some will suffer so the majority can play lag free...

again i had no lag at all till 3 days ago

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

A lot of you were complaining about me not telling the exact GPU name. Well here it is: ATI/AMD Radeon HD 4850 (RV770 PRO)

• JZeroVNJZeroVN Member Posts: 46

FPS varies quite a bit for me.  I've seen it from 30's to 70's.  I play mostly on the defaults it picked for me but I turned down a few flashy items.  Other than occasional blips which have so far passed quickly the graphics perform well for me.

Intel I-7 chip, quad-core, 3GHz., Windows 7, 12GB RAM,  

GeForce GTX 260, driver 8.17.12.5936

1680x1050 resolution

• ThraliaThralia Member Posts: 219

gw2 is a HORRIBLE optimized game. we all saw it in the beta and we continue to see it now. game still cpu bou

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by FuryV

For crying out loud, stop living in the past.  You already admitted it, your PC sucks.  Don't blame the game.  I've got the game on full graphics with a steady 60 FPS, using a mid range system.  You ripped yourself off by not upgrading your PC, it's not ANET's fault in the slightest.

It's your's.

I could upgrade... but every other modern game works with max FPS. It's ONLY GW2 which works so badly. Why spend 1500€ for 1 game? It's GW2s fault.

It's their fault they made a game your PC can't handle?  Stop whining and dish out the cash for a decent video card and you should be fine.

BTW, you don't need to spend that much even for a new system that will play the game with decent settings.  I was just checking ebay last night about a new laptop for my wife because hers won't play the game at all (stupid ATI HD Mobility 5470 card - and laptops don't upgrade well) and I found a slightly used one for $360 that would play GW2 with mid range specs.  So, considering that, and the fact that PCs are upgradeable piece by piece, you don't need to spend that much on it.

Also, maybe try setting your resolution a little lower?  And, DDR2 RAM?  People still use that?  I didn't realize they made Quad core MBs that used those.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• fledurfledur Member CommonPosts: 77

i5 2500k stock clock, 8 Gb RAM, GTX 560Ti

I run GW2 smooth maxed (only shadows turned off) and I'm always at FPS cap (60 with FPS limiter). FPS only drops to 30-35 in heavy WvW and sometimes to 20 or so when fighting Stonemist's keep lord.

I'm not even using the latest GPU driver...

• aznxdreadfulaznxdreadful Member UncommonPosts: 21

I get 120 FPS , in zones that arent crowded. but in things like WVWVW and dynamic events I get 40 fps avg.

on all high settings ULTRA with super sampling, and my nvidia control panel is maxed everything with nvidia Inspector to make a custom option for HIGH Quality Occulision.

i7 3930 , gtx 680, 16gb ram, Asus VG278H monitor.

• adaneshadeadaneshade Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by FuryV

For crying out loud, stop living in the past.  You already admitted it, your PC sucks.  Don't blame the game.  I've got the game on full graphics with a steady 60 FPS, using a mid range system.  You ripped yourself off by not upgrading your PC, it's not ANET's fault in the slightest.

It's your's.

I could upgrade... but every other modern game works with max FPS. It's ONLY GW2 which works so badly. Why spend 1500€ for 1 game? It's GW2s fault.

What games are you playing that are newer than GW2 praytell? Multiplayer with massive amounts of particle effects to boot......

• ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168

Every time I look, I'm over 60fps on max settings

i5 3570k, gtx 570

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    how about of helping the guy instead of " my *ick is bigger than yours at max get a e-pe*n" clearly the game in current state is poorly optimized for amd users.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by TsaboHavoc
    how about of helping the guy instead of " my *ick is bigger than yours at max get a e-pe*n" clearly the game in current state is poorly optimized for amd users.

Did you understand the thread question?

Did you read thrue the whole 15 pages?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I'm well over 60 most of the time, and I hang out at 80-100 fps much of the time.  This is with all settings maxed.

However, I just built a disgusting sli rig using 670s.  My fans don't even spool up for this game.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    Originally posted by TsaboHavoc

Did you understand the thread question?

Did you read thrue the whole 15 pages?

so he asked to see, my bad, only hope is wait for fix on amd side users

• BrizlynBrizlyn Member UncommonPosts: 81

I get 60-120+ fps on max settings everywhere in gw2.  

Wife gets 50-80 fps on max settings.

gtx680 and gtx560 respectively.

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437
    Let's remember all the guys that bought a new computer or upgraded to play Age of Conan.
  • hamsterking5hamsterking5 Member Posts: 10

I'm saving up for this thing

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229317

will be pleased when I can finally play.

EDIT: Both the Pc and the laptops my family own can't even run this game. I have a collectors edition sitting on my desk looking at me with sad eyes and friends waiting for me ingame. While you say 20fps is bad be thankful you can actually run this.