Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We need GW2 to fail

ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

I was thinking this morning at my kitchen table when my 9 yearold son woke up and walked in. He said dad can you make me some toast?

No I wont make you toast today son. He asked me why and I told him I always make him toast , his mother never makes him toast.

Go wake up your mom and tell her to make you some toast. He started to cry and went to wake her up.

A few minutes later his mother appeared and asked me why I wont make him toast, hes crying. I told her its because I didnt feel motivated to make good toast , I had no competition from her since she always let me make the toast.

Now as I sat at the table thinking some more I realized that is what mmorpg's need but in order for that to happen we need Guild Wars 2 to fail along with the secret world and all future mmorpg's.

We need a mmorpg crash similar to the video game crash of the 80's. We need it to be clear to future developers that we need innovation and competition.

Not copying.

The secret world sucks , SWTOR was a disaster and hopefully GW2 will bomb.

That way in the future we can have as I suggested before....

A prison mmorpg

A cowboy themed mmorpg

A zombie mmorpg

We need to be able to build towns , cities , houses , use our webcams so we can put our faces on our toons, upload jpegs so we can add custom logos to our creations.

Upload mp3s so we can put custom music in our houses , we need 1 server so we can play with millions of people.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    That was the stupidest thing I've read in a while, and what's more obnoxious is that you put GW2 in the title just to get more hits.
  • ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Erhmm .. Okay Bro not sure what else to say
  • andypandyrandypandyr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Oh dear ... sigh
  • NewmoonNewmoon Member UncommonPosts: 126

a prison mmo- can I grind in my cell all day? Crafting = license plates? Erm, no.

Cowboy themed? Fallen Earth, and it has zombies too!

Build towns, houses etc? Several MMOs coming down the pipe with that- pick your flavor. At least 8 sandbox MMOs coming.

EvE Online has it (outpost building), along with a jukebox you can add your own music to, and everyone is on the same server.

TADA!!!!!

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    No we need gw2 to get better so that we have something fun to play while we wait for the real deal to happen finally.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Its called Farmville.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

Originally posted by roo67

A zombie mmo is already in the works .

This.  Then again, I'm not sure how well it'll fair.  Loke666 on the forums seems to have a lot of faith in (I don't remember what it's called now... brain's fried).  It will probably be much different than most fantasy MMOs though, in terms of visuals (obviously) and mechanics.  

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Toast is a crap breakfast.
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    How hard is it to make toast? Put bread in toaster, push button down and wait.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I'm not around kids very much, but aren't nine years olds able to make their own toast? 
  • RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

All I can see through the OPs post is a selfish person that want's everything to catter on what he wan'ts, the way he want's.

If you wanna upload your own jpgs or add your face or whatever else from your body in a game go play second life.

It's out there for MANY years already and you can build, import your own models and lots more.

Yeah you can even be a zombie or a fairy or whatever there so good luck, have fun and please give your son some toast.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

I was thinking this morning at my kitchen table when my 9 yearold son woke up and walked in. He said dad can you make me some toast?

No I wont make you toast today son. He asked me why and I told him I always make him toast , his mother never makes him toast.

Go wake up your mom and tell her to make you some toast. He started to cry and went to wake her up.

A few minutes later his mother appeared and asked me why I wont make him toast, hes crying. I told her its because I didnt feel motivated to make good toast , I had no competition from her since she always let me make the toast.

Now as I sat at the table thinking some more I realized that is what mmorpg's need but in order for that to happen we need Guild Wars 2 to fail along with the secret world and all future mmorpg's.

We need a mmorpg crash similar to the video game crash of the 80's. We need it to be clear to future developers that we need innovation and competition.

Not copying.

A prison mmorpg

A cowboy themed mmorpg

A zombie mmorpg

We need to be able to build towns , cities , houses , use our webcams so we can put our faces on our toons, upload jpegs so we can add custom logos to our creations.

Upload mp3s so we can put custom music in our houses , we need 1 server so we can play with millions of people.

If you don´t like video games...try tennis or football....

Once all companies have "failed" you´ll find out there are no companies making games anymore....

This is getting ridiculous.... random silly post [insert GW2] and get visits.... bah

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

"The secret world sucks"

I stopped reading here. Post was amusing at first, after this it became clear - another GW2 fanboy

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by colddog04
    I'm not around kids very much, but aren't nine years olds able to make their own toast? 

Most of them understand the difference between slices of bread and their fingers yes.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Is it just me? I actually thought the OP was trying to be funny.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

Not copying.

A prison mmorpg

A cowboy themed mmorpg

A zombie mmorpg

or, maybe... just maybe. you need to treat your son better ^^

just make him some toast ffs

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• gonemad321gonemad321 Member Posts: 9
    GW2 doesn't need to fail. The only problem here is that you need to grow a pair and be a father. I can't even think of how you came up with mmo's needing to fail from refusing to make your son toast. What if your boss fired you saying that it was because GW2 is not failing? How are those two things relevant?

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

The good thing about all this is:

If the OP found a women to get married to, then there is hope after all for all the basement dwellers!

Hurrah! :D

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

"The secret world sucks"

I stopped reading here. Post was amusing at first, after this it became clear - another GW2 fanboy

Maybe you should read the whole post and then come to a conclusion... not stop halfway through and come to one.  How did you even come to that conclusion after reading the title?  People can think TSW sucks and not be a GW2 fan.  I know, I know.. the world is a strange and amazing place.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by spankybus

Wow...all that from toast and tormenting your child ...forgive me if I resist owing this bandwagon.

And let your wife sleep and fucking give your son toast, dad of the year.

You really think this was an actual event that occurred?

I don't believe people question anything anymore on the internet. They just read a paragraph and then automatically take their next step, which seems to be primarily one of the following:

• rage against it
    • get offended at it
    • share it on social media

Nowhere in that process is there any level of sanity checking, fact checking or - god forfrikkenbid - an attempt to discern the intent of the agenda of the content.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by colddog04

My eight year old does. He can even make his own sandwich and use the microwave as long as you tell him for how long.

Originally posted by Loktofeit

You really think this was an actual event that occurred?

I didn't.  I just said it was the stupidest thing I've heard in a while for that exact reason: ie: someone tried to sound deep and witty and it came off as immature and nonsensical.  I remember some poster had a sig that said to stop making analogies because you're no good at them (was referring to the whole forum).  This guy needs to take their advice.

• Nomis278Nomis278 Member UncommonPosts: 126

Pretty sure the OP is trying to use a metaphor (albeit not a very good one) to get his point about lack of innovation across. 

What I'm not sure about are the number of people who are saying 'go feed your son, what kind of parent are you?'. Do they all get the whole metaphor thing and are trying to be funny, [mod edit]

[Thanks for the edit mods, you obviously fit into the edited part then!]

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

I want innovation as much as the next gamer... but GW2 failing would just drive away more investors.

It is hard enough to get people to make an MMO as it is, without veterans of the industry failing as well.

• I can imagine playing a prison MMO already. Hiding sharp objects in your clothing, avoiding aggro in the yard, doing pushups in the cell and grinding away at the wall with a spoon at night.
This discussion has been closed.