Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you going to buy MoP?

Comments

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I already did.
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Im going to buy it, and play Guild wars 2.  What?!?!? Playing two games?!?! How dare me.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Nope. Bought Cataclysm and loved it until they capitulated to the whiners and nerfed the new heroics into EZ mode. Not going to fall for that shit again.
    Any company which caters to the lowest common denominator isn't worth my time or money.

Oh, and they have not a fucking clue when it comes to class balance. Not going back until they take an actual OBJECTIVE look at classes in PVE and PVP.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Ah this thread keeps creaping back.  I voted no initially, and thought it would just go away.

But the answer is still NO.  Cataclysm showed me what the newly formed Activision-Blizzard had to offer, compared to the old Blizzard.  It is lifeless, devoid of details.

Sure Cataclysm extended the content, but at what expense?  I would always find new stuff to do in WotLK (and before).  Cataclysm made it so you can complete 500 quests in 5 days to finish the questing experience.  Lockouts were another big deal, since now you could only do 1/2 of what you used to do - 10/25 shared lockouts killed 25 man guilds and left PuG's staring at the ceiling for new things to do [they eventually read about other games and played them instead, while bored].  Nearly everything in Cataclysm was rehashed content.  MoP?  Wont pre-order, no thanks.

Then there is the details portion .. In older expansions, everything felt new again.  Giving the same daily rewards for Cataclysm as in previous expansions didn't help (like fishing).  Dalaran was amazing, vibrant with life and stuff to do.  Orgrimmar / Stormwind (as in Cataclysm)? dry as hell.

Activison-Blizzard just isn't up to snuff.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Probably not. Definitely not at launch.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

I'm still subscribed to WoW to not lose my Diablo3 access.

I have not played WoW in 5 months and have not played Diablo3 in 3 weeks :s

I decided against MoP before Diablo3 was released, hoping it would hold my attention.

I also have bought GW2, but I can not say that GW2 is the reason I won't buy MoP. Beying bored with WoW is the true reason.

• PixilatedPixilated Member UncommonPosts: 30

NO WAY !!!

was'nt going to buy Cata. but did a month after release-

canceled sub. 1-month after will never look back.

It's just not the same game anymore- easy game made even easier:(

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

I'm still on the fence.   I wasn't going to buy Cata because I knew it was going to be the same old same old, but my brother (The typical die-hard WoW fanboy) said "OH man! It is so different now!".  So I bought it and needless to say,  was very disappointed.  

I have the same gut-feeling about MoP. May still buy it to play around with him from time to time though. Who knows.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Not currently subbed to wow, but will sub again once MoP is out, i do plan to buy it, not sure how long i'll be subbed for though, have to see how it goes.. no immediate plans to buy GW2 either, as the jury is still out on that one, and until i see some convincing reviews..  probably be on hold for a while.image
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Well if GW2 keeps shutting my goddamn pc down, I might.  Last blue screen was in under 3 minutes logged in.

Sigh... I don't even like pandas.

• fixiffixif Member UncommonPosts: 180

Been absent for 5 months now because I've had it with FL and then with DS. Two very poorly executed raids (in my opinion).

Since raiding is the most important thing for me I will be coming back because they introduced few tweaks to current raiding system - achievements for defeating content without Nerfs and Heroic Elite drops similar to Ulduar raid system.

Also world bosses *MIGHT* bring some level of world PvP.

• Originally posted by mmojunkie5000
    Originally posted by Axxar

Going to buy it. Planning on reaching max level, probably on a Pandaren, play the dungeons a bit and evaluate whether to quit again or keep playing. It depends on whether they've made the end-game more enjoyable for me than in Wrath/Cata.

I was hoping to play GW2 and was getting caught up in the gargantuan hype wave of ultimate destiny, but fortunately was able to get into one of the BWE where I found the game to be mediocre at best (my main compaint being the awkward, cumbersome basic gameplay/combat). So yeah, going to buy MoP. Main reason probably the Pandarens, as I've been whining for those on the WoW forums since the game was released ;)

let me guess: you stood around, and played it like WoW at level 85 and cursed the game for only giving you 2 abilities

stupid guild wars! I get 50 abilities in WoW and only 2 in GW2! and this is juts button mashing and so on...

if you play it like WoW, you simply do not play how it is intended.

and the combat and gameplay is about a hundred times more complex, deep and diverse than WoWs.

watch this: it's titled: GW2, where is the skill? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgfVZZkgsZI

Jesus man, try to stay calm. I wasn't even talking about depth. It just doesn't feel fluid and responsive to fight in GW2. Combined with quirky animations and sounds that don't really impress, it just wasn't fun. To me it just felt awkward and unrewarding.

For what it's worth I think you have way too many abilities in WoW these days, but this seems to be alleviated in MoP if I'm not mistaken. Gotta call BS on it being a hundred times more complex though. I'd say it's just about the same amount of complexity.

Anyway, back on topic. Let's not derail further.

• JRRNeiklotJRRNeiklot Member UncommonPosts: 129
    I doubt it.  Lich King was meh, and Cata was horrible. 
  • majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Dunno yet. On the one hand, a new class, new zones, new abilities, new talent trees... Sounds interesting. On the other... Hmm...

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by Kyleran
    No, Cata was my last hurrah for WOW

TBC was mine, but I "stuck around" out of habit until everyone I liked quit, too.

Now that there's nobody around I know...I find it difficult to amuse myself working on alts or what have you. (Don't care about raiding, PVP and I can max a tradeskill on a new alt in less than a day etc)

• mmojunkie5000mmojunkie5000 Member Posts: 92
    Originally posted by mmojunkie5000

Going to buy it. Planning on reaching max level, probably on a Pandaren, play the dungeons a bit and evaluate whether to quit again or keep playing. It depends on whether they've made the end-game more enjoyable for me than in Wrath/Cata.

I was hoping to play GW2 and was getting caught up in the gargantuan hype wave of ultimate destiny, but fortunately was able to get into one of the BWE where I found the game to be mediocre at best (my main compaint being the awkward, cumbersome basic gameplay/combat). So yeah, going to buy MoP. Main reason probably the Pandarens, as I've been whining for those on the WoW forums since the game was released ;)

let me guess: you stood around, and played it like WoW at level 85 and cursed the game for only giving you 2 abilities

stupid guild wars! I get 50 abilities in WoW and only 2 in GW2! and this is juts button mashing and so on...

if you play it like WoW, you simply do not play how it is intended.

and the combat and gameplay is about a hundred times more complex, deep and diverse than WoWs.

watch this: it's titled: GW2, where is the skill? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgfVZZkgsZI

Jesus man, try to stay calm. I wasn't even talking about depth. It just doesn't feel fluid and responsive to fight in GW2. Combined with quirky animations and sounds that don't really impress, it just wasn't fun. To me it just felt awkward and unrewarding.

For what it's worth I think you have way too many abilities in WoW these days, but this seems to be alleviated in MoP if I'm not mistaken. Gotta call BS on it being a hundred times more complex though. I'd say it's just about the same amount of complexity.

pls watch the video.

you'll see split second decisions and how they matter and how responsive the game is.

wow feels familiar to you. I get that and gw2 may seem quirky, but please just watch it.

it deals with exactly what you're talking about.

and it shows how responsive the combat is despite some abilities "feel" like they have too much or quirky animation.

IT IS DONE ON PURPOSE

wow has no animations that are connected with casting. that doesn't make it more responsive, it is just another way of communicating player action.

watch it, it is very good and not trollish or about wow.

it is simply about how skills and animations work

• HarttzHarttz Member Posts: 91
    I don't mind the pandas and I am glad they are going to focus more on the Alliance/Horde war in the xpac but I just feel like the story has played itself out and I really don't like what they are doing with the talent system.
  • prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Already bought it.  Just resubbed too after a year and a half  absence from the game.  Going to start over as a Level 1 Monk with a new account.  No heirlooms or money.  Hopefully it provides me with a little more of a challenge.

I doubt that. Back in cata I started a lvl 1 belf with nothing. He was tanking BWD and BoT in like a month. Had master flying and everything. They've dumbed it down more. Anyways have fun with le monk!

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    I'm not sure.  It's not because of GW2 or anything.  I just don't know if I have the time to play WoW over the next several months, and even if I did, I'm just bored with Azeroth.  Rift's new expansion is looking good though.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Why does the option have to be about GW2? Its not the only game out there you know and the only reason why WoW isn't that big. What if people are waiting for the rift expansion maybe (Mentioning a game with a similiar format to wow)
  • jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Why buy MoP and continue paying $15/month when you can buy a vastly superior MMO in GW2 and continue playing for free?
  • mmojunkie5000mmojunkie5000 Member Posts: 92

Originally posted by SuperXero89
    I'm not sure.  It's not because of GW2 or anything.  I just don't know if I have the time to play WoW over the next several months, and even if I did, I'm just bored with Azeroth.  Rift's new expansion is looking good though.

Originally posted by Purutzil
    Why does the option have to be about GW2? Its not the only game out there you know and the only reason why WoW isn't that big. What if people are waiting for the rift expansion maybe (Mentioning a game with a similiar format to wow)

RIFT will triple its gameworld with its new xpansion.

it's a fantastic game. played it, loved it.

but I simply cannot deal with the gear grind.

I'm too burnt out on that game mechanic. I don't want to endlessly plug GW2, but besides EVE online and GW1, it's the only AAA title that is not about grinding gear.

and GW2's really the first MMORPG that has FUN as its core game mechanic.

I think Rift is great, and EVE online deserves its place as the best and most hardcore game world and deepest mechanics, but atm, it's too stressful for me...

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    No. I'm pennypinching right now, since I've already got GW2 (no misinterpretations please; It's for financial reasons, I don't hate WoW or anything like that). I just got tired of WoW is all.
  • fixiffixif Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by jpnole
    Why buy MoP and continue paying $15/month when you can buy a vastly superior MMO in GW2 and continue playing for free?

See? This is why the rest of the MMO community can't stand GW2 fans. Every game has its fanbois but GW2 fanbois are obnoxious on every level imaginable.

You can turn in other way around. "Why buy GW2 for 60$ when you can buy MoP and 2 months of gametime and actually not grind all the time? I mean you will probably all quit in a months and come back to MoP anway."

Bad troll. Bad. Bad. Bad.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

no offense but if this was in the pub, i could understand recommend playing other games

but in the WOW forums - its not worth trying to convince people to try another mmo

similar to when people are preaching Archeage in the GW2 forums