Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm Panicking right now.

YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

I really need help right now. Should I use the support and try to get them to reset my password? I can't remember what it was. I'm panicking here. Should I put down all of that stuff they said I should put down!?

I read this topic earlier and now I'm hesitant to put a ticket for help. ASSISTANCE PLEASE!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/363614/page/1

Comments

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Okay, Ive sent the support a ticket, it has my serial code for the game and my email. I can't send them the billing because I purchased the game with cash. Did I do the right thing, considering the circumstances behind the customer service right now?
  • DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    Okay, Ive sent the support a ticket, it has my serial code for the game and my email. I can't send them the billing because I purchased the game with cash. Did I do the right thing, considering the circumstances behind the customer service right now?

Well even though the problem maybe the CS no one knows for sure.

So yes it is the best thing to do inorder to get your account back, But there is a risk involed as it may have been breached but again no one knows for sure.

Is there no tech support number to call.?

Fingers crossed for you getting it sorted.

Removed for stupidity. Please try to forget this ever existed.
    Originally posted by Dranny

So yes it is the best thing to do inorder to get your account back, But there is a risk involed as it may have been breached but again no one knows for sure.

There isn't a phone number, annoyingly enough. How long do these things take to be responded to anyways?

• DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Dranny

There isn't a phone number, annoyingly enough. How long do these things take to be responded to anyways?

Not sure tbh, never had to use it yet.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates

• HexcaliberHexcaliber Member UncommonPosts: 171
    I hope this is resolved. My panicking made me dry heave.

For crying out loud, it’s a game account, not access to the USA's nuclear arsenal, have a little perspective.

Frankly, if you were indeed dry heaving, you have some serious issues that need attention, that, or a lot of growing up to do that needs to take precedence before worrying about changing the password for a game account.

The thread you linked is full of drama queens operating on fragments of information, half-truths, and dollops of over active imagination. Yes, some accounts have been compromised, but had you taken the time to check the threads on reddit, you would realise accounts are being restored as soon as the owner contacts support. In the majority of cases, arenanet had identified the account as being compromised and closed them down before the owner had realised something was amiss.

At worst, IF, you were in fact compromised, and I assume you have not received an email confirming a password change to prompt your current reaction, you would simply lose access to the game for a day or two until it is sorted, it is not the end of the world. Even if you tied credit card details to the account and they maxed it buying Gems, you would get the money back, and access to the game restored.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist worrying about something that has not even happened to you. I had my Aion account compromised, it took no more than a day and a half to get it re-instated after an email and a brief phone call, (incidentally, should you need to call anyone, you need NcSoft’s support phone number, not ArenaNet's).

My Colour Is Vomit green, I puke on the tards with stupid colour sigs. My symbol is ,,!, O ,!,, My enemies are any prat with a colour sig, a meaningless personality test, or a pointless list of games and classes.

Regards Hexcaliber

Well, I tried their support line (NCsoft) and apparently I need to use one of their other services since the number is apparently on hold for billing issues only. I've sent a live chat thing with most of the information regarding my account. Fingers crossed they notice soon.

Also, some sleep has helped to cool me down.

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

Grow up. Seriously, it's a video game.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    panic attacks are not logical, they are anxiety based (fear of the unknown) - cut the guy some slack
  • augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Early launch was less than 9 days ago and you've already forgotten your password?

Just make sure you go through Anet's CS rather than the broader NcSoft support.  NcSoft support is a joke.

• TheFirstSinTheFirstSin Member Posts: 29
    some people are more prone to panic attacks than most people. my step bro's wife loves disney land, but would have a panic attack when/if one of the mascots went up to her. its silly, and sad at the same time. thankfully, with time she managed to get over that fear/phobia.
  • SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by augustgrace

Early launch was less than 9 days ago and you've already forgotten your password?

Just make sure you go through Anet's CS rather than the broader NcSoft support.  NcSoft support is a joke.

I didn't have that much experience with NcSoft support, but when I got my Aion account hacked (which was my own fault) I got it back in 2 days and all I needed to do was to submit a ticket and replay to mail that NcSoft suppot sent me.

first off, I got the game on the official launch. Secondly, I actually had 3 passwords over the course of the past week. My first one was the shortest, and the one I used up until I read about this topic:

In my sleep deprived and anxious state, I ended up changing my shorter password to a 20 something letter long password yesterday. A few hours later, I decided to change it again to something a little shorter and easier to remember. The thing is, I had the oh so genious idea of logging off the GW2 site to see if I remembered it, WITHOUT checking to see if the password change had worked properly, or if I had even typed in the right phrase.

So now since that time up to today, I have been trying every variation of the phrase I had used for my password to no success, and I've even tried my older passwords, which obviously don't work either. So I sent in a ticket with my serial code, phone number and email to ArenaNet and hope that they will respond quickly. how fast they are going to respond is the one part I don't know, so I'm still anxious.

To try to fill in the GW2 gap, I've actually been trying to find alternative methods to help me find out what my password was, such as a software or something like that.

I JUST HOPE THEY CAN ANSWER ON LABOR DAY, and that they aren't all on a day off. :__;

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

lol.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

In my sleep deprived and anxious state, I ended up changing my shorter password to a 20 something letter long password yesterday. A few hours later, I decided to change it again to something a little shorter and easier to remember. The thing is, I had the oh so genious idea of logging off the GW2 site to see if I remembered it, WITHOUT checking to see if the password change had worked properly, or if I had even typed in the right phrase.So now since that time up to today, I have been trying every variation of the phrase I had used for my password to no success, and I've even tried my older passwords, which obviously don't work either. So I sent in a ticket with my serial code, phone number and email to ArenaNet and hope that they will respond quickly. how fast they are going to respond is the one part I don't know, so I'm still anxious.
    Just out of curiosity, did you try your 20 character password? If you did not confirm your last change by e-mail, it would not have taken affect. Just a thought :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Originally posted by AlBQuirky

In my sleep deprived and anxious state, I ended up changing my shorter password to a 20 something letter long password yesterday. A few hours later, I decided to change it again to something a little shorter and easier to remember. The thing is, I had the oh so genious idea of logging off the GW2 site to see if I remembered it, WITHOUT checking to see if the password change had worked properly, or if I had even typed in the right phrase.

So now since that time up to today, I have been trying every variation of the phrase I had used for my password to no success, and I've even tried my older passwords, which obviously don't work either. So I sent in a ticket with my serial code, phone number and email to ArenaNet and hope that they will respond quickly. how fast they are going to respond is the one part I don't know, so I'm still anxious.

Just out of curiosity, did you try your 20 character password? If you did not confirm your last change by e-mail, it would not have taken affect. Just a thought :)

at least several times. no dice. granted for all I know, I might have flipped some letters around or added in more letters than intended, so it might have artificially been longer, shorter or more complex.

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

first off, I got the game on the official launch. Secondly, I actually had 3 passwords over the course of the past week. My first one was the shortest, and the one I used up until I read about this topic:

To try to fill in the GW2 gap, I've actually been trying to find alternative methods to help me find out what my password was, such as a software or something like that.

I JUST HOPE THEY CAN ANSWER ON LABOR DAY, and that they aren't all on a day off. :__;

Sorry to hear this, Enigmatus.  It's easy to create a complex password, the challenge is being able to remember it!

It's a shame that this happened to you on a holiday weekend, you might not be getting back into the game any time soon.

Your options are limited as far as trying to figure it out on your own.  You could try typing the password in Notepad so you can see the letters as you type them.  Type it a few times to see if you make any mistakes, and try to figure out what went wrong.  This might help you remember the password.

Aside from that, I don't think there's any (legal) software that can help you recover the password.  Sorry to say, you might be SOL until ANet gets back to you.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

It's got to be a troll. But at least he made me lol.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

Originally posted by EndDream

It's got to be a troll. But at least he made me lol.

I wish I was trolling, but I'm not. I was genuinely panicking that badly.

Well, I suppose I could try to write down each of the passwords I use on a microsoft word document, to see which one works. but god, that would have so many combinations, this is going to take a while...
  • Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    create a spreadsheet or doc with your passwords to all of your accounts. that way you don'thave to remember them.

Okay, so my ticket for a password reset was sent in during the labor day weekend, on 9/02/2012. How long can I expect to wait before they notice and respond to my ticket?
    Okay, so my ticket for a password reset was sent in during the labor day weekend, on 9/02/2012. How long can I expect to wait before they notice and respond to my ticket?

Any responses? Anyone themselves sending and waiting for a response to their ticket?

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Any responses? Anyone themselves sending and waiting for a response to their ticket?

I believe it can take 2-3 weeks after the ticket is received. In the meantime why don't you familiarize yourself with Keepass.

http://keepass.info/

Its a password manager. Also some personal advice - slow down and relax. The game isn't going to disappear. Go watch some GW2 YouTube videos to pass the time.
  • ThenextbigthingThenextbigthing Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by Hexcaliber

For crying out loud, it’s a game account, not access to the USA's nuclear arsenal, have a little perspective.

ROFL, brilliant.