Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Trading Post is Down

MorgarenMorgaren Member UncommonPosts: 397

I think sometimes people think they know better than people who have been planning something for years. In this world of I want it and want it now, people sometimes don't stop and think is immediate availablility the smartest thing.

You ever see someone who is pressuring an experienced grillmaster to flip a burger before it's ready? Think along those lines when thinking about this trading post thing, and read on...

http://morgaren.hubpages.com/hub/Guild-Wars-2-The-Trading-Post-is-Down?done

Comments

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Originally posted by Morgaren

I think sometimes people think they know better than people who have been planning something for years. In this world of I want it and want it now, people sometimes don't stop and think is immediate availablility the smartest thing.

You ever see someone who is pressuring an experienced grillmaster to flip a burger before it's ready? Think along those lines when thinking about this trading post thing, and read on...

I wonder how my customer would react if we had project deliverables behind sechudle and when he asked for an explanation I forwarded him a blog that rambeled on about how everyone wants everything now. 

I wish I had fanboys as my customer :(

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

Well that was a funny read so by not giving crafters the option to buy materials and therefore lvl there craft to sell  higher lvl items to players Anet is actually helping the economy?

Yeah i dunno i am just not buying it they werent able to get it stable for launch thats all there is too it really not a too big deal annoying yes gamebreaking no.

Lets try to stay real and not paint evrything Anet does as some great deeper plan...

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    I don't buy that in the midst of all the other issues the game is facing, this particular one is something they are intentionally simulating (complete with a bunch of simulated auction lag while using the system to make it seem like it needs work?)
  • GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251

I think sometimes people think they know better than people who have been planning something for years. In this world of I want it and want it now, people sometimes don't stop and think is immediate availablility the smartest thing. You ever see someone who is pressuring an experienced grillmaster to flip a burger before it's ready? Think along those lines when thinking about this trading post thing, and read on... http://morgaren.hubpages.com/hub/Guild-Wars-2-The-Trading-Post-is-Down?done

They planned this all along buddy. Best way to increase gem sales (bought with real money) take away one of the only ways to make gold the AH. Bring it up for about ten min so people can see how much gold they need to buy that item they want, so when they reach their gem sales goal and the AH is finally live they can buy that item.
  • fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

"Do you really think a game company that could make this expansive world, the dynamic events, and everything else, really failed in the coding needed to implement a feature that is in almost every other game?"

The fact that they admit they are having issues that they are currently sorting out and testing by randomly allow 50% of the population to have access to the trading post is a sure sign that yes, they kinda failed in the implimentation of this feature. Be it a coding issue or just or overall not thinking things through, its still not working half the time for 50% of players. This means somewhere along the lines they dropped the ball here.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Look, i don't play the game, but reading over various posts here and a few other places it hasn't been a matter of trying to hurry the grillmaster but more along the lines of;

Burger joint opens soon, burgers for everyone........

........I know what we said but now we are open the burgers aren't ready........

.......right, you four over there can have a burger, but you five can't have one yet....

.....erm....can we have those four burgers back, just need five more minutes on the grill...etc..

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290

The trade post should of been in working order for launch. There is no excuse for it, period. It's been a week and its still not working at all.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by Gamefun

The trade post should of been in working order for launch. There is no excuse for it, period. It's almsost a week and a half in and its still not working at all.

week and a half LOL, pre pre launch was midnight a week and one day ago

I miss DAoC

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Jackdog
    Originally posted by Gamefun

The trade post should of been in working order for launch. There is no excuse for it, period. It's almsost a week and a half in and its still not working at all.

week and a half LOL, pre pre launch was midnight a week and one day ago

The probability of ArenaNet fixing the trade post this week is highly unlikely. So I might as well say a week and a half instead of a week.

• MorgarenMorgaren Member UncommonPosts: 397

Ah ha, you guys never fail to dissappoint.

• Ren128Ren128 Member UncommonPosts: 73

My guess is they are having problems because of the new server tech (overflow and such). TSW also had issues with AH and it wasn't up at launch (and then it didn't work when it appeared).

Heck, even WoW when it came out, the AHs from each capital weren't linked.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

there has been progress but its still too buggy to unleash

yesterdays update regarding Saturday

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates

Trading Post
    We're periodically opening the Trading Post for testing. This morning it was open to all players for six hours. As of this writing, the Trading Post is offline so we can apply further bug fixes and performance improvements.

This morning during testing, some users purchased items and didn't immediately receive them, or sold items and didn't immediately receive the gold. We do have record of these transactions and are working on completing them. Check the "pick up" tab on your commerce panel to see if your transaction has completed.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    TP is up:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by Ren128

My guess is they are having problems because of the new server tech (overflow and such). TSW also had issues with AH and it wasn't up at launch (and then it didn't work when it appeared).

Heck, even WoW when it came out, the AHs from each capital weren't linked.

Overflow is not a new server tech, it's actually cheap and old technology, which was first time used about 8 years ago.

REALITY CHECK