Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gw 2 High Threat to all mmo's

Comments

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I'd bet there would be a lot less trolling/ bashing of the game if there weren't an even higher nuimber of "GW2 has changed the MMO industry foevah!!" ; "GW2 is the greatest MMO in history!"; "All your base belong to GW2!!"; "GW2 High Threat to all MMO's"

• JorielJoriel Member UncommonPosts: 177
    the initial success of GW2 is unquestionable, how many companies have had to shut down online game sales for awhile? almost none

• fixiffixif Member UncommonPosts: 180

Or you know, maybe those aren't troll posts but genuine posts about things that simply don't work? Or is that impossible for the "best game in the history of everything ever"?

I've seen lots of fanboi communities over the years but GW2 fanboi community has something special, that X-factor everyone has been searching for.

Originally posted by slowpoke68

Do you know why people hate the Yankees?  Because of the obnoxious fans.

I plan on buying the game and I hope it provides a good solid outlet for my pvp needs for a long time.  I'm happy that you guys are so elated and the game is all you have hoped and dreamed it would be.

But I have to say you GW2 fanboyz are the worst I have ever seen.  You are the most obnoxious bunch of over the top, hyperactive spaz's ever.  If you think the game is getting trolled particularly hard, you probably have noone to blame but yourselves.  You are doing your very best to show your community in a poor light.

If you don't want people knocking your game, get a grip and dial it down a notch.  

I come here to follow the game's progress but I have to just stop because you are going to make a hater out of me before I ever even pick it up.

Geez.

It's actually because of the unfair Payroll. At least it is for us NL West fans that I know personally. Yankee fans don't know any better, because they are unaware that anything exists outside of NY...

Phillies...it's their fans.  Tho some people root for battery chuckers and fans who vomit on purpose on someone they don't like...like a father and daughter.....(no lie)

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott
    OP doesn't understand the difference between "trolling" and bringing up issues people are experiencing with the game, what they like, and more specifically what they don't like.  That is not trolling, that is what forums are all about.  It's incredibly immature and stupid to not be critiical; just taking what you're given.  People aren't happy with all the problems they've experienced, posting about it is not trolling.

talking about the real issues of the game, is trolling from a GW2 fanboy point of view. I guess it will be ¨trolling¨ when is less than a month people will just leave the game. 

Originally posted by Hyp47
    the initial success of GW2 is unquestionable, how many companies have had to shut down online game sales for awhile? almost none

Probably because those other games plan in advance and have enough servers to begin with....

• omega78omega78 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    ,-, What did I just read? Can't a game ever come out and not have a gaint battle between two opposing forces (Or between one force making up another force)? There really can't be any "How's X game guys?" "It's ______,_____,___. You should get it." It seems to me like it always is either (far too) extreme leanings :P But eh, to each is his own I suppose. My pre-order is still sitting there, waiting to be picked up :P And it looks like it may be for quite some time.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    It's nigh impossible for one game to kill another. Totally different story for one to become more popular than another.
  • gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by sugar4free
    Originally posted by gelraen

As for GW2 being a "faceroll", that's completely rediculous.  It's much more difficult than most MMOs I've played over the last 10 years, once past the initial 15 levels.

err... one advice:

1)read the thread title

2)then do this: 

activate brain cells ---> initiate thinking process ----> connect nanotech intelligence ----> write a reply to what I have stated.

Thnx for the collaboration  xD

Yeah my bad, sorry.   I misunderstood that part :)

• sugar4freesugar4free Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by gelraen

Yeah my bad, sorry.   I misunderstood that part :)

errare humanum est xD

but tbh, I am worse than you

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

but before GW2 released there were nothing but threads praising the game...

plus this site is just a small,small chunk of the MMO community..

so yeah,I dont get this thread

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by prpshrt
    They are broken but its been a week. People should em some slack. I can actually imagine how irritated they must be with all the bugs they have run through and catch to fix. People should prolly patiently just wait  for fixes. Remember its been less than a week. 

No, the people who cant stand it should just take a break for 2 weeks instead. They dont really have anything to loose.

Get drunk, see some movies, spend some IRL time with your friends. If the marketplace aint up 2 weeks from now I will join you in whining though, that would be far too long.

But right now I am helping my guild with gear and leveling so we can start running dungeons next weekend, and I am enjoying it.  Hopefully will we have a guildbank by then (we are still rather small and just some IRL friends).

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by tank017

Is that sarcasm?

BEcause there have been plenty of troll treads about the game the last 2 years as well as fan threads. It is just more of both right now since the game just released.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

I dont understand this OP...or the mega trolls either. This game is OK. Its not the MMO dominator all the fanbois say and its not really as terrible as some of the bashers say. Its an OK game and will always be that, it will never fail because there's no monthly fee......GW2 will be around for a while and will have a solid base of fans..but its nowhere near as great or as bad as the ratings on this site or most others are saying. Its the same thing we've been playing in a new skin.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

well, those ppl praising the game were still on forums (otherwise how could you have read about those praises) and still strangely ppl on forums are a "small chunk" of MMO community. So decide: many praises or praises from a small chunk of the real MMO community ?

*hides*

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott

OP doesn't understand the difference between "trolling" and bringing up issues people are experiencing with the game, what they like, and more specifically what they don't like.  That is not trolling, that is what forums are all about.  It's incredibly immature and stupid to not be critiical; just taking what you're given.  People aren't happy with all the problems they've experienced, posting about it is not trolling.

The problem is these people have put in so much time and energy to hype this game that when someone does not agree with them and that person has validconcerns they have no other alternative then to call them names. Anet is in over their heads in a lot of these issues. You can give all the excuses you want but AH broken, mail broken, forums broken, customer service lacking, network security horrible, lag, wvwvw wait times, endgame content broken and lacking. These are all valid concerns and for people to call those that realize that these are issues names is down right immature and ignorant.
    Originally posted by Loke666

Is that sarcasm?

BEcause there have been plenty of troll treads about the game the last 2 years as well as fan threads. It is just more of both right now since the game just released.

No it isnt..

2-3 weeks before the game released it was nothing but GW2 GW2 GW2 and how great its going to be..

now threads are mostly about how people are annoyed with whatever problem theyre having.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Laughing all day long , this game is not threat...... just average but them everything released at the moment is average.

Originally posted by sugar4free

well, those ppl praising the game were still on forums (otherwise how could you have read about those praises) and still strangely ppl on forums are a "small chunk" of MMO community. So decide: many praises or praises from a small chunk of the real MMO community ?

*hides*

u should be able to figure that one out yourself without being a smartass

• kol56kol56 Member Posts: 124

1) SWTOR was trolled/hated WAYYYYYYYYYYY more than GW2.

2) You are on the honeymoon phase, DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK BAD ABOUT MU GAME!1! IT'S NEW AND SHINY, everything equates to trolling when you are overly excited and even delusional about a game.

Just wait a couple of months, no one will be hating "your precious" anymore.

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge."

"The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all the same; so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy"
    -Seinfeld

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by I_Return

Reading the posts, and seeing the salavation of the anti gw 2 community has really got to be exciting for Arenet. This game is the fastest trolled game in mmo history. Not even a full week of launch and posts are popping up "things arent working" this is broken ect.

I don't believe this is anymore trolled then any other high profile release, just more of the same ole same ole post you get from A to Z on release. That said, I hope it is a threat to other MMO's. Have you seen the list of MMO's on the Games List here? 95% need to be taken out of business, at least in my opinion. Redundant junk.

• sofakingdumbsofakingdumb Member Posts: 54

Problem is you are just another immature idiot that gets filtered in GW2.

This game is not trolled but REVIEWED with facts. I quit closed beta and tested OB and quit as well because it did nothing well and screwed up several things and well just is not worth the time and effort. I have a way better experience in my current Top 3 F2P mmorpg and this is just another title out there. Nothing special.

It did, however, filter all the nabs out of my mmorpg. All the QQrs, ex wowers, and other fail mmorpgers have migrated your way. ahhahaha; the mmorpg community has actually improved thanks to gaywars 2! 

u should be able to figure that one out yourself without being a smartass

I guess you even didn't get it   xD

Originally posted by sofakingdumb

Problem is you are just another immature idiot that gets filtered in GW2.

This game is not trolled but REVIEWED with facts. I quit closed beta and tested OB and quit as well because it did nothing well and screwed up several things and well just is not worth the time and effort. I have a way better experience in my current Top 3 F2P mmorpg and this is just another title out there. Nothing special.

It did, however, filter all the nabs out of my mmorpg. All the QQrs, ex wowers, and other fail mmorpgers have migrated your way. ahhahaha; the mmorpg community has actually improved thanks to gaywars 2! 

could you enlighten us which games are you playin' my Lord ? 

xD

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by kol56

1) SWTOR was trolled/hated WAYYYYYYYYYYY more than GW2.

2) You are on the honeymoon phase, DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK BAD ABOUT MU GAME!1! IT'S NEW AND SHINY, everything equates to trolling when you are overly excited and even delusional about a game.

Just wait a couple of months, no one will be hating "your precious" anymore.

Remember how much praise SWTOR was getting before release? If you would have said it would have gone f2p in less than 12 months...99.9% of the mmo community would have thought you were crazy. But it happened.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com