Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm actually enjoying the journey

kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
For the first time I dont feel pressed to get to max lvl as soon as possible. I've been going through all zones on level requirement basis, gathering and crafting and doing storyquests and pvp here and there. Sure you could get to lvl80 in two days tops but with so much there to do I dont see the point to rush!

Comments

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Funny thing is I just hit 80 this morning "enjoying the journey".

Believe me, I was not aggressively trying to level.   I just enjoyed the journey so much I played way too damn much!

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

you guys who hit 80 already.. i just have no clue... I have a ton of hours in and don't have a character over 30.. couple guys in my guild took week off work and played almost a week straight and highest guy just hit 60 the other is 45... everyone else in my guild is between 10 and 30

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Is there a way to see how many hours played? I'm at level 30 right now.
  • paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Type /age in game to see how long you've played
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Is there a way to see how many hours played? I'm at level 30 right now.

/age

over 60 hours and not passed level 30 yet heh

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn

you guys who hit 80 already.. i just have no clue... I have a ton of hours in and don't have a character over 30.. couple guys in my guild took week off work and played almost a week straight and highest guy just hit 60 the other is 45... everyone else in my guild is between 10 and 30

WvWvW definitely gives the most exp...if your side is doing well in it (well the most exp short of having loads of crafting mats and just crafting your way to a bunch of levels or something).   You complete a lot of "events" while doing it and the rewards are quite good. 

Also as you probably know, the levels don't really take any longer to get as you go along, it's relatively steady. 

Ty. 32 hours to get to level 30. Guess I have 50+ more hours to go to get to max level.
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

WvWvW definitely gives the most exp...if your side is doing well in it (well the most exp short of having loads of crafting mats and just crafting your way to a bunch of levels or something).   You complete a lot of "events" while doing it and the rewards are quite good. 

yea I haven't done any WvWvW since beta.. ill get in their soon:)

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    108 hours, lv 58. I'm not in hurry, I'm trying to keep my crafting level with my skil level. It takes more time without trading post, but I actually like it that way. Everything I craft, I do with my effort. Not buying any materials.
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

yea I haven't done any WvWvW since beta.. ill get in their soon:)

What would always get me was I'd wrap up most of an area and think "I'll do a little WvWvW then hit somewhere else"...then it'd be 4 am and I'd still be awake playing WvWvW =P

I really like the PVP in WvWvW over sPVP.   In sPVP you feel like you need to (and you do) need to optimize for max effectiveness within the relatively narrow scope of situations you run into in 5 v 5 or 8 v 8 situations on a small map where people fight mostly in close quarters.   In WvWvW you can set yourself up with a lot of different "fun" trait setups and utilities that wouldn't be good in sPVP due to glaring character weaknesses but are great in the mass scale combat of WvWvW where you have 30 friends nearby to run behind.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by kishe
    For the first time I dont feel pressed to get to max lvl as soon as possible. I've been going through all zones on level requirement basis, gathering and crafting and doing storyquests and pvp here and there. Sure you could get to lvl80 in two days tops but with so much there to do I dont see the point to rush!

cant do anything but to agree :)

i am lvl 37 atm (usualy i am quite fast @max lvl), and i am completely enjoying everything :P

so many low lvl zones to discover. so many wonders to stare at. let's hope it stais this way :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I'm 54 at just over 100 hours but i've been getting 100% in all the lower level zones first. Havn't even been in a level 40+ zone yet. If I had progressed to new zones that were the same as my level, I would have hit 80 a long time ago, because you more experience when the content is level appropriate.

Getting 80 is quick.. getting 100% world map completion isn't.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    36 hours and I'm level 24, I'm stil in the lower level zones though. After I clear this next map 100% I'll go somewhere level appropriate.

Yeah I will definitely be interested to see how long it takes for one person to 100% everything. First to 80 is nothing...first to 100% is everything
  • VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    I'm about at 40 hours for one character at level 38. Not bad so far. 20 more hours and I will have gotten my money's worth for certain. Generally if I can get 1 dollar/hour ratio I consider that a hella good purchase. Typically I'm usually striving for 5 dollars/hour lol. Anything less then that is just golden in my book.
  • klerkenklerken Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Yeah I will definitely be interested to see how long it takes for one person to 100% everything. First to 80 is nothing...first to 100% is everything

depends on what you mean with 100% if it's just the 100 % map completionen my guess is someone should be getting pretty damn close to it (or already there), that said i don't know if it suddenly starts to get difficult to explore it all, i'm 23% completed with 35 hours of gameplay, so if it doens't get any worse i should be "done" in 95-120 hours more :D.

Originally posted by klerken

depends on what you mean with 100% if it's just the 100 % map completionen my guess is someone should be getting pretty damn close to it (or already there), that said i don't know if it suddenly starts to get difficult to explore it all, i'm 23% completed with 35 hours of gameplay, so if it doens't get any worse i should be "done" in 95-120 hours more :D.

About 15% of the world map completion is counted from racial cities, which are much easier and faster to complete. It's easy to get to about 30%.. then things really start to slow down. I'm at 48% after 120 hours.

• klerkenklerken Member UncommonPosts: 53
    nice, i was hoping for something like that. going 100 %  for my first char and skip it all or whatever i want on the others :D but sounds like i've got a few houndred hours of gameplay to go then
    There are also less waypoints, skill challenges and hearts in the later zones, since the % is purely based off the map markers the amount of % you complete in each of the later zones is much less than the amount you get in the earlier zones. Which basically means that if you are doing all the zones in level order 1-50% is obtained a lot quicker than 50-100%
  • st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

116 hours and been 80 since the day before yesterday, a lot of it came from crating though which seems to give you exp based on crafting level and charicter level.

my guild member who is 300 + crafting was getting no where near as much as me as i was higher level then him.

making gold level 65+ weapons were giveing me about 15-20% of a level each when they were the best thing i could craft,   im still going to a the area's i havent been in no matter the level because scaling is so awesome

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

48 hours, lvl 37, having a blast :)

However, somehow the game thinks I played more than 1 character and furthermore, I have less played time on all my characters than I have on my main (single character).

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

32 hours on my main character, level 23 and 9% of the world map complete. I worked 76 hours this past week and have another 70+ hour week upcoming, so I am not getting to play much. With that said I am not in a rush...

I am greatly enjoying the journey here. This world is both captivating and challenging. Thoroughly impressed so far with the pace and the gameplay.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Pretty simple.

Form an exp zerg group.

Have everyone meet in the same zone, and rush from heart-heart (it goes by really fast in groups of 5-10). Do any DEs you come across / go for 100% map completion in each zone. Also gather whatever you can.

Do this non-stop for ~40 hours and you can be in your 70s. From here, you should have a bunch of unused crafting materials. You can simply craft your last 5-10 lvls with ease.

Originally posted by aesperus

Pretty simple.

Form an exp zerg group.

Have everyone meet in the same zone, and rush from heart-heart (it goes by really fast in groups of 5-10). Do any DEs you come across / go for 100% map completion in each zone. Also gather whatever you can.

Do this non-stop for ~40 hours and you can be in your 70s. From here, you should have a bunch of unused crafting materials. You can simply craft your last 5-10 lvls with ease.

nah i'd rather not rush and enjoy the zones:)

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by kishe

I think this is the first MMO to actually reward gameplay styles other than "rush to finish".