Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gw 2 High Threat to all mmo's

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• sugar4freesugar4free Member Posts: 26

I've posted some days a similar thread.

Yes I feel so sorry for all mmo-softcos :)

AGREED  100 %

Just one thingy: it's not a threat... IT'S A TOTAL FACEROLL   xD

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by I_Return

Reading the posts, and seeing the salavation of the anti gw 2 community has really got to be exciting for Arenet. This game is the fastest trolled game in mmo history. Not even a full week of launch and posts are popping up "things arent working" this is broken ect.

Like most game released , it is expected to be the troll threads, but the rate and volume that this game is getting trolled is beyond anything I;ve ever seen.

Arenet has done something amazing to the genre to recieve such a high volume of trolling, players seeing friends leave "their" for gw2 and the leaking of populations of "their" games must be so high that all that can be done is a instinctive troll attack on gw2. Bravo Arenet BRAV F'n O !,

I know it's pretty interesting but also depressing.    The game is fantastic, but the haters are out in full force everywhere.  I see people giving 0/10 on amazon.com, on metacritic, posting hate threads here, on gw2guru.    I find it pretty disgusting really, and amazing how many people are so pathetically insecure about their own choice of MMO that they need to bash others.

As a game developer myself, that kind of behavior just makes me want to stop developing at all, as these kinds of people have no repsect for the amount of blood, sweat and tears that go into any game production.  

As for GW2 being a "faceroll", that's completely rediculous.  It's much more difficult than most MMOs I've played over the last 10 years, once past the initial 15 levels.

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274

Not even a full week of launch and posts are popping up "things arent working" this is broken ect.

Every MMO known to man get's that ... So Gw2 isn't special in that regard ... and I hate to break it to you Sherlock but things are broken or not working :p

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Yeah, the number of low post bashers of this game is crazy high.  The dedication to their hate is truly inspirational.   As for GW2, I think we will see it be the new top dog in the MMO world. 
  • prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    They are broken but its been a week. People should em some slack. I can actually imagine how irritated they must be with all the bugs they have run through and catch to fix. People should prolly patiently just wait  for fixes. Remember its been less than a week. 
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by gelraen

Reading the posts, and seeing the salavation of the anti gw 2 community has really got to be exciting for Arenet. This game is the fastest trolled game in mmo history. Not even a full week of launch and posts are popping up "things arent working" this is broken ect.

Like most game released , it is expected to be the troll threads, but the rate and volume that this game is getting trolled is beyond anything I;ve ever seen.

Arenet has done something amazing to the genre to recieve such a high volume of trolling, players seeing friends leave "their" for gw2 and the leaking of populations of "their" games must be so high that all that can be done is a instinctive troll attack on gw2. Bravo Arenet BRAV F'n O !,

I know it's pretty interesting but also depressing.    The game is fantastic, but the haters are out in full force everywhere.  I see people giving 0/10 on amazon.com, on metacritic, posting hate threads here, on gw2guru.    I find it pretty disgusting really, and amazing how many people are so pathetically insecure about their own choice of MMO that they need to bash others.

As a game developer myself, that kind of behavior just makes me want to stop developing at all, as these kinds of people have no repsect for the amount of blood, sweat and tears that go into any game production.  

As for GW2 being a "faceroll", that's completely rediculous.  It's much more difficult than most MMOs I've played over the last 10 years, once past the initial 15 levels.

I think he meant that the competition of GW2 taking over the market was a faceroll, which means there's no contest GW2 wins hands down. :) not that the game was easy.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Yeah, the number of low post bashers of this game is crazy high.  The dedication to their hate is truly inspirational.   As for GW2, I think we will see it be the new top dog in the MMO world. 

Yep i know there would be a few, i predicted they would wait until launch so that they would have fewer people proving them wrong because we'd all be in the game, but never have i seen anything like this before. It's amazing that a gaming company can do this to the community. And despite the bugs and the security learning curve, the game iteself runs fine. I'm enjoying it. Too bad the haters can't enjoy it too. They're all prolly on that "other" title that just released it's patch in prep for it's 1millionth dead-in-the-water expansion. oh well. smh

Originally posted by prpshrt
    They are broken but its been a week. People should em some slack. I can actually imagine how irritated they must be with all the bugs they have run through and catch to fix. People should prolly patiently just wait  for fixes. Remember its been less than a week. 

That would involve people being sensible ;) ... and most of the people from what I have seen bashing the game for things being broken are not haters, but just people frustrated that they can not play the game they wish .. 

Ie: I doubt all those raging they can not log in hate the game ... 

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

I found the game refreshing deep crafting xp for everything you do.. a real reason  to group.. world pvp pulls a server together.. if i see a guy killing a warg i dont have to worry about the kill steal issue.. we both get the full benifit and loot. Charactor roles are deep. my engineer has can turn into many diffewrent things. depending on weapon combination or tool belt combination.. ive never seen such diversity as i have seen in gw2 anywhere  since 1998 when i began playing mmo's.

Its interesting to see peice normally researved as premium items in other game being offered freely when i need them.. it feels like a complete  game experience. I look forward to playing this game for months to come, with  out the fear that ill be draining my wallet to compete in pvp.

The cost to me is the purchace of the box or download.

Im very impressed. Few things are not working but its ok it is a new title and hasnt even been out for a month. Ive found nothing  that impedes my progress so far.. they patch all the time so no worries on my end there.

I recommend the game its a good buy.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sugar4freesugar4free Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by gelraen

err... one advice:

1)read the thread title

2)then do this: 

activate brain cells ---> initiate thinking process ----> connect nanotech intelligence ----> write a reply to what I have stated.

Thnx for the collaboration  xD

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174
    The trolls should definately turn up the dial. I just don't feel like they are quite giving it their all.
    Originally posted by Requiem1066

Not even a full week of launch and posts are popping up "things arent working" this is broken ect.

Every MMO known to man get's that ... So Gw2 isn't special in that regard ... and I hate to break it to you Sherlock but things are broken or not working :p

This why I find it facsinating how fast and the level of hate has come for this game.

Like I said in my previous post .. a lot of the " hate " isn't hate at all but frustration out of people not being able to play .. Ofc people are going to say " The game sucks ", " it's crap " etc etc 

It's a victim of it's own success, when you have so many people wanting to play ofc some are going to get pissy when they can't 

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

agreed... the amount of nonsence I read every day on forums is damn TOO HIGH!

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

I think that a lot of the hate posts are a backlash from all the hate posted by gw2 fanboys in other game forums during the last year. Even ingame I had a tell the other day from some very insecure person who kept asking me how I liked the game and when he found out that I was not planing on quitting my other games he started cursing me out and telling me who low IQ I have etc. His writing appeard to be that of a 12 year old if not less.

However, I don't think gw2 will be that big of a threat since it has no sub fee and there is no issue with keeping other games. In fact, that was why i bought it personally. I also have a life time sub to TSW and I play EVE with money I earn ingame there.

I got a bit tired of doing the same 3-4 DE mechanics just with different mobs over and over in gw2, and in addition to all the launch problems. Most of my ingame time this weekend has been in EVE. I plan to keep gw2 for the occational WvWvW (they really need to change this name!) and spvp once things calm down. Since it's B2P it there is no problem with doing this.

In the end, if I would just play the same game I would get burned out very fast.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I can live without the Black Lion Trading post for a week or 2, but i cant play without player WvW.
    Today i queed before supper time, 1600 hours its 21:49 now and iam still in queue :P

Hope something of Anets wizards can do something as this is total shit for any serious World pvper :(

Good thing pve is awesome in this game tough, something i normaly avoid like the plague.
    Still they have to think of something to get people in the WvW a little faster :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    This thread again. Sigh.

I'll be giving this a go at Christmas, most of you will have already quit playing and moved on.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    This thread again. Sigh.

I'll be giving this a go at Christmas, most of you will have already quit playing and moved on.

Stop using what us oldies call "been there, done that, bought the t-shirt" it frightens the young 'uns.

Oh! I-Return will you in 3 months? and admit you made a bit of an arse of yourself with this thread when the servers are empty?

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Many of the threads are littered with outright lies as well as misinformation.

The golden rule of MMORPG.com: If it sounds like bullshit and smells like bullshit, it's probably bullshit.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Calerxes

Oh! I-Return will you? in 3 months and admit you made a bit of an arse of yourself with this thread when the servers are empty?

Of course he won't....

....Because the servers will still be going full steam ahead. The question is, will you return and admit you were just cluelessly ranting on the forums for no reason other than spite?

We both know the answer to that already.

Why is almost every "Spotlight Poster" a troll? I don't even...

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    OP doesn't understand the difference between "trolling" and bringing up issues people are experiencing with the game, what they like, and more specifically what they don't like.  That is not trolling, that is what forums are all about.  It's incredibly immature and stupid to not be critiical; just taking what you're given.  People aren't happy with all the problems they've experienced, posting about it is not trolling.

• DarkmothDarkmoth Member Posts: 174
    I think a lot of it is backlash against the most ardent GW2 fans (not all of them, obviously, but the most zealous). I was in game today when someone said something like "how do I get a mount?", and the entire zone crashed down on him like a tsunami of ridicule and scorn. I don't recall that sort of...I dunno...fierce protectiveness in any other MMO I've played. To some degree, it has created it's own "counterculture", and I suspect that's who is doing the drive-by downrates.
  • MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

This happens with every mmorpg release OP, sorry. I too pay attention to alot of forums across the net, and i can tell you, having lurked in this place for some time, this isn't new.

The question is, what do you consider trollish? Complaing about hacking, banning, launch problems, bugs, etc, doesn't sound trollish to me. A thread like the one saying the game is a WOW clone or DE are just Rift's is another thing. And there's been your usual wave of  "This is the best game ever" threads just as always.

What about the threads complaing about queues for TOR, bad and laggy PVP, etc?

What about the threads from people complaing about TERA's newbie island, combat animation locks, boring quests, etc?

What about the threads complaing about "Failcom", TSW's bad animations, bugs, zerg pvp, etc?

There's been negative thread about GW2's PVP queues, boring and repetative DE's, boring personal story, bad GFX, etc, etc.

Nothing new here. I've had my share of more "negative" posts and well as positives ones about this game. However, since i'm not championing any other game at the moment, how is GW2 a threat?

Maybe, as another poster as already said, it's been the agressive attitude many GW2 fans have had on multyple fourms and sites across the last year or 2.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Kost
    Originally posted by Calerxes

Oh! I-Return will you? in 3 months and admit you made a bit of an arse of yourself with this thread when the servers are empty?

Of course he won't....

....Because the servers will still be going full steam ahead. The question is, will you return and admit you were just cluelessly ranting on the forums for no reason other than spite?

We both know the answer to that already.

Why is almost every "Spotlight Poster" a troll? I don't even...

If what you say happens PM me and I will come back and admit I was wrong and if you are wrong you will run naked through Arenanet's offices painted black and white like a Panda at the christmas party, DEAL?

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    GW2 is not a threat to anything. People who are playing or looking foward to other mmos are still playing or looking foward to other mmos.