Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Lion Trading Company FAIL!

PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

Its already getting annoying for me.... the auction house is down since launch! Economy is very important in a MMORPG, why they don't fix it? 

i really don't see GW2 in the far horizon for me :(

Comments

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

Its already getting annoying for me.... the auction house is down since launch! Economy is very importan in a MMORPG, why they don't fix it? 

Its down because ANET wanted to connect all the servers together but underestimated how much of a load that would be on the servers, especially since you can access it from anywhere in the world. 

That being said Auction house doesn't make an economy. Playres are just freaking lazy these days

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

Its down because ANET wanted to connect all the servers together but underestimated how much of a load that would be on the servers.

Ohh i didn't know that

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by xpiher

Its already getting annoying for me.... the auction house is down since launch! Economy is very importan in a MMORPG, why they don't fix it? 

Its down because ANET wanted to connect all the servers together but underestimated how much of a load that would be on the servers, especially since you can access it from anywhere in the world. 

That being said Auction house doesn't make an economy. Playres are just freaking lazy these days

It's the trend. Group activities get simplified to a convenient buttom push (Looking for Group/Raid or some similar system, lack of need for party invites in GW2's open world), the Trading Post represents the pinnacle of such simplification on the economy side - you get all servers linked together to accept sales and buy orders from anywhere.

It's still an amazing technological feat though, no wonder they grossly underestimated the required load if they offered features never seen before (interacting with the Trading Post from anywhere while being linked to all other servers), there was simply no groundwork for an accurate estimative even with all the BWE's and Stress Tests, people won't play the game as they would play on live, especially the economy when it is all just going to be wiped later.

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

Its available for 50% of players already. It soon will be fixed and when it happens its an amazing feature..

Im simply loving the game and its not the trading post not working fow now that will change that :)

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325
    My entire guild can use the trade feature, only like 2 people are affected.

Originally posted by RCP_ut Its available for 50% of players already. It soon will be fixed and when it happens its an amazing feature.. Im simply loving the game and its not the trading post not working fow now that will change that :)

its still really really slow and a little bit buggy, but it'll be 100% probably by mid sep.

Originally posted by EricDanie

Originally posted by PsyMike3d Its already getting annoying for me.... the auction house is down since launch! Economy is very importan in a MMORPG, why they don't fix it?  i really don't see GW2 in the far horizon for me :(
      Its down because ANET wanted to connect all the servers together but underestimated how much of a load that would be on the servers, especially since you can access it from anywhere in the world.  That being said Auction house doesn't make an economy. Playres are just freaking lazy these days
    It's the trend. Group activities get simplified to a convenient buttom push (Looking for Group/Raid or some similar system, lack of need for party invites in GW2's open world), the Trading Post represents the pinnacle of such simplification on the economy side - you get all servers linked together to accept sales and buy orders from anywhere. It's still an amazing technological feat though, no wonder they grossly underestimated the required load if they offered features never seen before (interacting with the Trading Post from anywhere while being linked to all other servers), there was simply no groundwork for an accurate estimative even with all the BWE's and Stress Tests, people won't play the game as they would play on live, especially the economy when it is all just going to be wiped later.

Exactly. If more people realized how these features actually worked they would be more appreciative that they work at all 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647
    Originally posted by RCP_ut

Its available for 50% of players already. It soon will be fixed and when it happens its an amazing feature..

Im simply loving the game and its not the trading post not working fow now that will change that :)

It was actually available for 100% of players yesterday morning, but they took it back down. There were delays in purchasing and selling. They are getting there. I'm betting it'll be up sometime early this week. 

• JorielJoriel Member UncommonPosts: 177

i understand wat has been said here, but its kinda unaceptable because many ppl will reach 1st lvl 80 faster than the trader will be back online... i mean, they could have bought better items and have a better game experience like i did cauz luckily 1 night the trader was open for me and i bought right away gold gear n stuff...

edited: ok overall im having a blast but its lame because they the dev team always said "gw2 will be released when its finished"

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

Excuses in defense of Anet are getting interesting every day.

Originally posted by lifeordinary

Its not an excuse its the fact. All the servers AHs are connected. I don't know of any other game that does this. You can access the AH from any where in the world. I don't know of any other game that does this. The load on it is going to be higher. Higher load = more prone to issues, issues that wouldn't be found out in BWE or internal testing. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by Hyp47
    i understand wat has been said here, but its kinda unaceptable because many ppl will reach 1st lvl 80 faster than the trader will be back online... i mean, they could have bought better items and have a better game experience like i did cauz luckily 1 night the trader was open for me and i bought right away gold gear n stuff...

Most of my gear is around 15 levels below my character's, so agree it being down for so long is unacceptable and is affecting people's game time.  As is it lacking a player to player trade system, and times when mail has been offline.  Although its more progression wise, as even with such lower gear the game is still dead easy.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

Its not an excuse its the fact. All the servers AHs are connected. I don't know of any other game that does this. You can access the AH from any where in the world. I don't know of any other game that does this. The load on it is going to be higher. Higher load = more prone to issues, issues that wouldn't be found out in BWE or internal testing. 

I know the game which does it. it is called The Secret World and you know how much it got slammed for broken market feature? how ever when i said excuses i was referring to the part where you called players lazy and that AH doesn't make economy.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by grapevine
    Originally posted by Hyp47

Most of my gear is around 15 levels below my character's, so agree it being down for so long is unacceptable and is affecting people's game time.  As is it lacking a player to player trade system, and times when mail has been offline.  Although its more progression wise, as even with such lower gear the game is still dead easy.

There really isn't an excuse to be in lower level gear when there are karma vendors around

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I know the game which does it. it is called The Secret World and you know how much it got slammed for broken market feature? how ever when i said excuses i was referring to the part where you called players lazy and that AH doesn't make economy.

Besides the part where you failed to recognize the population difference (which was central to the poster's point that you were quoting), didn't TSW not even release with an auction house? Or is that wrong?

• Tdogz27Tdogz27 Member Posts: 21

Markets don't make an economy, but they increase the amount of buying, selling, wealth generation, specialization, and development available to a society by orders of magnitude more than when traders simply roamed the world in caravans trying to sell fur and salted meats all on their own.

For example, after the invention of the Chicago grain markets, levels of production and efficiency skyrocketed all across the world, poverty rates plumeted, and technology begain advancing faster than any other period in history. A single global market for goods? Yes please!

Saying that players are lazy because they don't want to waste their valuable time trying to manually organize each individual trade is simply ludicrous when such an efficient alternative exists. The only people who will benefit from a lack of market-trading are those who don't value their time very much.

Anyhoo, enough about econ 101. I hope GW2 fixes this shiz soon, so that I may consider purchasing the game:)

Originally posted by colddog04

Besides the part where you failed to recognize the population difference (which was central to the poster's point that you were quoting), didn't TSW not even release with an auction house? Or is that wrong?

Still wish it didn't to be honest, but it did launch with a means of secure trading.  Something GW2 does not have until they get the AH working.

Yes, players are lazy. I perfer sandbox MMOs were you have to build the economy yourself. But I know I'm not in the norm. An economy is built by supply and demand. If players really want to buy and sell things, then they'll pick a trading hub and do it. They aren't because the AH will work eventually

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164

That's an excuse alright, and a weak one too. It's completely unecessary to have all the servers trading with each other, there's more than enough people on each server to trade with. It's been long enough now that we should all be using the AH even if it's only on our home servers. And the AH definitely makes the economy, don't try to blame players for Anets foolish ideas.

• xenomonk6xenomonk6 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    ya i agree its pretty damn sad considering they said "wont be launched until its ready" here we are with nothing but stupid problems shouldn't have been launched with. As usual. nothing new here. move along

Still wish it didn't to be honest, but it did launch with a means of secure trading.  Something GW2 does not have until they get the AH working.

In a similar vein, I really wish they would add face to face trading. 

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

Having only a percent of people with access, and no indication of when you have access outside of constantly checking is worse then not having a trade feature at all.

Welcome to paid alpha.

Originally posted by feroshus

That's an excuse alright, and a weak one too. It's completely unecessary to have all the servers trading with each other, there's more than enough people on each server to trade with. It's been long enough now that we should all be using the AH even if it's only on our home servers. And the AH definitely makes the economy, don't try to blame players for Anets foolish ideas.

Linking the servers together is a great idea. But to make it seperate would require recoding and sending everyones items back to them. Since 50% of the population is using the market now, it'll be working in short order. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Agree, but even then for that to work they'd need to fix moving between instances.

Basically two fundamental mechanics broken since release, i.e. being able to securely trade, and be in the same instance as the person one wants to group with.

Agree, but even then for that to work they'd need to fix moving between instances.

Basically two fundamental mechanics broken since release, i.e. being able to securely trade, and be in the same instance as the person one wants to group with.

I see people having problems with the overflow servers. We've been fine so far. Just invite people, right click the name of a person in an overflow server, click join and everyone is there. Not that there aren't people suffering from issues.

On a side note, overflow servers are already much less common for me. Lions Arch and an occasional starter zone. As the population spreads out, it seems to be doing wonders for keeping me out of overflow servers.

• WookieebobWookieebob Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Originally posted by feroshus

Look on the bright side. The gem store has worked flawlessly since day 1.