Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I hacked?

I can't log into GW2 this morning. I tried my wife's account and I could, but not mine.... :(

The message is "Either there is no current GW2 event or this account is not authorized...."

Or am I banned? I didn't do anything wrong..., definitely not botting, no profanity, no harrassment, no exploitation.... :(

Comments

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Check your e-mail for anything about password changes or unauthorized attempts at accessing your account from different regions..

That'd be your first step to solving whats going on..

EDIT: Be SUPER cautious about opening any e-mails that may be in there regarding ArenaNet or GW2.. Make sure it is an authentic link from ArenaNet.

There's some tell tell signs that you will see and let you know it is really from them. Even after you think you are sure be wary of actually clicking on any links contained in the e-mail..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• WinterhoundWinterhound Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Opapanax

Check your e-mail for anything about password changes or unauthorized attempts at accessing your account from different regions..

EDIT: Be SUPER cautious about opening any e-mails that may be in there regarding ArenaNet or GW2.. Make sure it is an authentic link from ArenaNet.

There's some tell tell signs that you will see and let you know it is really from them. Even after you think you are sure be wary of actually clicking on any links contained in the e-mail..

Thanks, I've never received anything like that. The only thing I did was send myself that authentication email from GW2 launcher and that link was broken.... Could that be it?

Originally posted by Winterhound

Thanks, I've never received anything like that. The only thing I did was send myself that authentication email from GW2 launcher and that link was broken.... Could that be it?

I'm unsure about that. If you've already been playing fine and just recently switched the e-mail associated with your account then it might be waiting for some response from the authentication e-mail..

Normally there is a link within those that you click and the process becomes complete. If you haven't changed anything regarding e-mail and your account then you might want to consider if your account has been comprimised.

What is it saying when you attempt to log in? That the password is wrong? or that the e-mail you are attempting to use is not  valid?

EDIT: If you were banned or you're account is suspended I believe it is supposed to tell you whenever you attempt to log in that you are banned. So hopefully that's not the case. Your account being comprimised and then the hacker doing whatever could get your account banned, but again you would see that when trying to log in game..

Double check make sure you are using the correct password with case-sensitivity and all that..

• cashewtundracashewtundra Member Posts: 1
    I can't login either but im pretty sure im not hacked, I cant login because i never typed in a Serial Key because i havent picked up my boxed copy. Did you apply your serial key?
    Originally posted by cashewtundra
    I can't login either but im pretty sure im not hacked, I cant login because i never typed in a Serial Key because i havent picked up my boxed copy. Did you apply your serial key?

Could be that also.. If you purchased a boxed copy..

Originally posted by cashewtundra

Could be that also.. If you purchased a boxed copy..

I have (applied my key). Although..., this is the key from Gamestop where I bought my CE.... I haven't picked up my copy (will do so later today), hopefully that'll do it. I bought my wife a digital version. She's still on..., even on the same computer.

@WinterHound

That would explain why you are not able to log in yet and your wife's account is still good. So hopefully that is the problem and everything else works out. This does seem like the likey issue tho..

@WinterHound

That would explain why you are not able to log in yet and your wife's account is still good. So hopefully that is the problem and everything else works out. This does seem like the likey issue tho..

Thanks, Opa. Although, I can't find a link or button in my GW2 account web page (on the official site) to reenter or change my key.... I hope I won't have to wait for the support to get back to me for me to play this game. That would be unbearable. :(

• ESSKAESSKA Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by Winterhound

@WinterHound

Thanks, Opa. Although, I can't find a link or button in my GW2 account web page (on the official site) to reenter or change my key.... I hope I won't have to wait for the support to get back to me for me to play this game. That would be unbearable. :(

register.guildwars2.com

Copy and paste it in google if your affraid.

• lindairvinelindairvine Member Posts: 1

TCTC - Thank you! This is exactly the solution for people who purchased the Digital edition with Arean Net/NCSoft!

I was locked out this am, and couldn't figure out why as I had specifically purchased the digital edition for just this reason.

Little did I know, North American (I think it's just North American's) purchasers still need to logon to the link you so kindly provided and re-register the serial key (you also get a new display name: 4 different digits at the end).

So thanks to you my problems have been solved & I can logon again!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Gratefully,

Linda

I just want to update you all that registering my CE key was the solution. I can log in now. Yay!
  • MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

AT OP:

No. DO NOT OPEN ANY LINKS AT ALL.   Go DIRECTLY to the ANet Customer Service.   The have a page for people who have been hacked.  Current turn-around is estimated to be 72-hours.

EDIT:  lol  User error.    Did that with the beta forums.  Typed my name in wrong...    Derp.  Opened a ticket.   Was like 'but it's not working.'   The're like,yeah, it is...   I'm like let me try again...   OOOPS.   User error.

Welcome to the club...