Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The most FUN 5 man dungeon I have experienced in a long time!!!

MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCPosts: 6,257Member Uncommon

for a while, I shut down from the idea of 5 man dungeons in general in MMORPGs. I hate the concept. Small Scale, with hard to find tank.

Personally I like the Trinity for Large Scale, not small scale.

But this Non traditional trinity concept for small scale dungeons are really fun. I dont like the Large Scale non trinity concept as much as trinity based raid dungeons, but

I cant stand those small scale 5 man dungeons, or less (in SWTOR's case)

My opinion, MMO should ether adopt the non trinity method for small scale 5 man dungeons, or just simply totally scrap 5 man dungeons from MMO all together.  Stick to raid dungeons or 10 man party dungeons. Because 5 man Trinity dungeons dont cut it any more imo.

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius BristolPosts: 7,647Member Uncommon

lol for some reason I needed to read that like 4 times to absorb it... :P

You are talking about AC?

• kDeviLkDeviL Coco Beach, FLPosts: 215Member Uncommon
    Bump for positivity =]

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• IsaneIsane EnglandPosts: 2,629Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

for a while, I shut down from the idea of 5 man dungeons in general in MMORPGs. I hate the concept. Small Scale, with hard to find tank.

But this Non traditional trinity concept for small scale dungeons are really fun. I dont like the Large Scale non trinity concept as much as trinity based raid dungeons, but

My opinion, MMO should ether adopt the non trinity method for small scale 5 man dungeons, or just simply totally scrap 5 man dungeons from MMO all together.  Stick to raid dungeons or 10 man party dungeons. Because 5 man Trinity dungeons dont cut it any more imo.

Trinity doesn't cut it anymore as far as I am concerned, it is an excuse for poor design and boring combat mechanics. Everyone should be a target in a group and averyone should be made to work.

• aesperusaesperus Hamshire, NVPosts: 5,128Member Uncommon
    Well, it's good to see you making a slightly more positive post / thread than your usual exposed. Glad you are enjoying the content. Would be good to see more positive posts from you more often.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied -, WAPosts: 2,081Member Uncommon
    I hate the lvl 30 dungeon.
  • VirgoThreeVirgoThree Tarzana, CAPosts: 1,220Member
    I've only ran AC story mode once so far but I had a blast doing so. We wiped a lot, and i mean A LOT! But the group powered through it and we eventually over came it. I'm actually enjoying having challanging trash mobs again too! Can't really call them trash since they are challanging
  • eAzydamaneAzydaman UmeaPosts: 218Member

Those damn lovers, why did they have to love eachother? I hate them with all my heart and hope they break up.

On a serious note, are any of the bosses from story mode in the explorable version?

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Tarzana, CAPosts: 1,220Member
    Originally posted by eAzydaman

Those damn lovers, why did they have to love eachother? I hate them with all my heart and hope they break up.

On a serious note, are any of the bosses from story mode in the explorable version?

I dont think so. Explorable mode is the aftermath from story mode.

• VesaviusVesavius BristolPosts: 7,647Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Isane
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Trinity doesn't cut it anymore as far as I am concerned, it is an excuse for poor design and boring combat mechanics. Everyone should be a target in a group and averyone should be made to work.

I have to say that before playing this game I argued for trinity, but being in a solid group in this game has made me think twice about that... Non trinity works here and is fun. I am not sure every game needs to offer the same, diversity is great after all, but it's good to see another play model being successful.

• mazutmazut SofiaPosts: 886Member Uncommon
    In my poor beta expirience, they made story mode harder and I'm yet to expirience explorable, but the group problems and people get separate in different instances make this almost impossible atm. Will see after they fix that :)
  • tixylixtixylix gfff, TNPosts: 1,208Member Uncommon
    People complain about the trinity but I like the dynamic in grouped content as I love being able to be a healer. I never raid in games though and I don't bitch or moan about what class or spec people are, just get on with it so  I have no need to hate it.
  • shenfreyshenfrey LeicesterPosts: 97Member

No heres what you do. You have guild wars 2 where theres no such thing as kill stealing. You make vanguard size dungeons, huge, massive and extremely detailed. You go through it and theres tonnes more people in there with you, Now im sure theres 1001 ways to think of how youbcould reward players for loot, im just to lazy and its to early  for me to think. (and its sunday)

But trust me guys, this is what you do, i know im right because i said so : ) 

• mazutmazut SofiaPosts: 886Member Uncommon
    Also, remember that its still chaotic and players dont play their toons as well as they will in few months.