Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite class so far?

Comments

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I've played all 8 classes now and also rerolled 4 more times since RELEASE, heh.   Been playing alot.

Really wanted to like thief but I just felt really limited in options at any one time.   They have quite a few different builds you can use but the actual playstyle in PVE is really boring...with your best bet usually being to just go sword/pistol, running up to stuff, and using pistol #5 then doing 1, 1, 1, repeat.   It can be fun jumping around with heartseeker on dagger/dagger or dagger/pistol but the initiative system will have you doing the same thing everyfight most of the time, generally with only 2-3 buttons.

Thief shortbow is a little more fun but after a while you get tired of screwing with cluster bomb trying to get it to explode right before it hits the ground.   If there's any lag forget about that one.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Engineer seems like the funnest

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Ive run across 1 (ONE) warrior in all my time playing.  Majority of what I saw were hunters, necros, engineers, and elementalists.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I just love my thief. :)

The other classes kinda feels slow without that shadow signet.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

I was dead set on Mesmer for release, with an ele alt....then I tried a thief by accident. I will never be the same again. An actual melee class with REAL strategy and different playstyles. Truly amazing. I hear Warrior is also as surprising.

• UrkoUrko Member Posts: 88

Engineer, boom headshot :p

But i like soemthign about all of them

• EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116

I'm really enjoying my mesmer.  Tricky at times, but rewarding, and Iove their style - illusions, tricks, interrupts etc.

Tried guardian too - effective, for sure, but not as fun for me as my mes.  Might try engineer next, as that was fun on the betas.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    I so wanted to say engineer, but while I like my engineer a lot I've been simply hooked on my Paladin. It's like playing my Pld from UO all over again but with an updated everything. Heal, Dmg, Defend and do well at all. What more could a guy ask for lol. 
  • Gamer1o1Gamer1o1 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Knightblast
    Originally posted by tank017
    All i ever see are thieves, rangers, elementalists, and engineers, every other class is occasional with necro being the most rare.

Interesting.  There are certainly quite a few of these, but I also see a lot of warriors and guardians -- at least as many as I do Engineers.

I see a lot of mid-level & high level Elementalist, Guardians, Rangers & Mesmers - So I am surprised with the poll since those classes seem to be the leasted favored.

• ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86
    I am absolutely loving my guardian too bits <3 Its such a versatile profession to play can't wait to see it at higher levels.
  • ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283
    Necromancer. Granted, it's my only character so far.
  • UmbabaUmbaba Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Necro.. though i hate the fact that my norn female necro has to wear ridiculously styled skirts more suitable for teenage bieber fans -_- i hope it changes later
  • MwahahaMwahaha Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Engineer is my favorite because its fun running around with a flamethrower.

Played:  EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, WoW, LoTRO, CoX, CO, GW2, FFXIV: ARR, AoC, Rift, TSW, SWTOR, TERA, BnS, ESO

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
  • SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Dual dagger/short bow Thief is my favorite class.
  • Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114

Warrior for me, just loving the class although I'm having a little trouble deciding on a second weapon set, I'm using the Greatsword as my main.

I've tried dual Axes, Sword n Board & Rifle love em all

• BrutiiBrutii Member UncommonPosts: 42
    I'm really loving the Guardian with greatsword and scepter/torch combo.
    You must gather your party before venturing forth.
  • RoxetteRoxette Member UncommonPosts: 56

So far I tested a few classes. Tested Ele, Mesmer, Warrior, Guard and Engineeer. Like my Mesmer a lot

Played: Guild Wars, AoC, Lotro, CoH, Warhammer, Tabula Ras, Spellborn, Second Life, Rift, Aion, Tera.
    Playing: Guild Wars 2, WoT

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Really having a blast with my warrior. At 47, I'm specced 20 defense/ 17 arms, with emphasis on defensive stats for the gear, and I'm quite hard to kill. Emphasis on bleeds and crits is fun to play too. Using 5 signets for PVE (+200 precision at my level... =P).

Yeh I'm set up with the 5 signets and the trait that adds precision for each passive signet.  With that plus dual wielding a sword main hand and axe off hand I feel like a motherscratchin weedwacker with multiple adds, specially during events.  It's fun having a steady 80%+ crit rate that can ramp up to 100%.  Dual strike + Whirling Axe = amazing amounts of damage that also fills the adrenaline gage to almost max, which allows to finish up with Flurry for anything left standing.  Rilfe for anything range of course.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Gamer1o1Gamer1o1 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Bl4ck3nD

Warrior for me, just loving the class although I'm having a little trouble deciding on a second weapon set, I'm using the Greatsword as my main.

I've tried dual Axes, Sword n Board & Rifle love em all

I'm liking the Greatsword w/ Rifle for range, Having a blast!

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    I'm liking my Necro a lot. I do not seem to do as much damage as others but I'm incredibly durable and have a ton of HP. Every group I join I seem to have like double the HP of the eles or guardians lol. Heck I even have more HP then warriors generally. level 36 with about 5.5k hp :)
  • stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Really having a blast with my warrior. At 47, I'm specced 20 defense/ 17 arms, with emphasis on defensive stats for the gear, and I'm quite hard to kill. Emphasis on bleeds and crits is fun to play too. Using 5 signets for PVE (+200 precision at my level... =P).

Yea... that signet trait is crazy....

Its actually made it less fun for me because every other build I've tried just doesn't match up.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Engineer. Lighting stuff on fire & blowing it up is just too much fun, plus there's some fun combos.

Rolled a ranger, realized they couldn't use rifles (seriously, WTF?) and deleted it.

Elementalist is too squishy for my tastes (and in this game, that's saying something).

Haven't put much time in on my warrior yet, and also haven't tried any other classes.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Ranger and Engineer for me. No clue which will be the main, but in no real hurry anyway. I will probably level them both and hit 80 within a few days of one another.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Ranger is most well rounded class in GW2 - period.

Its great for PVE , Great for WvW , and not shabby in sPvP

You have AOE almost as good as Ele

You have single target melee almost as good as Warrior

You can place 2 combo fields and use them yourself ! (Only one that can do that)

You are good soloist and very wanted in groups

And you have a tank...

Its almost eezy mode class